The National Lake Eutrophication Survey 1971-1973

Old June 9th 04, 06:14 PM
geo

"Badwater Bill" wrote in message
.. .

I'm going to. I'll be in Melbourne in September this year. Where are
you?

BWB

Will we get a full report? I hope so. I enjoy your writing. I'm hoping to
get an Australian PR and move to the Melbourne area. I'm wondering about the
extent of experimental/homebuilt activities downunda. Looks pretty sparse
from what I've been able to track down.

--
Look at the world today. Is there anything more pitiful? What madness there
is. What blindness. What unintelligent leadership. A scurrying mass of

Old June 10th 04, 01:56 AM
Badwater Bill

On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 17:14:56 GMT, "geo" wrote:

"Badwater Bill" wrote in message
. ..

I'm going to. I'll be in Melbourne in September this year. Where are
you?

BWB

Will we get a full report? I hope so. I enjoy your writing. I'm hoping to
get an Australian PR and move to the Melbourne area. I'm wondering about the
extent of experimental/homebuilt activities downunda. Looks pretty sparse
from what I've been able to track down.

Thanks. I've got a lot more I can write about that three years. Most
of it would get me in law suits however. That was a scruffy crowd of
guys. They were some of the best of the best, but damn they were a
hard group of men.

I'll write some more about it soon. I was sick last week and laid up
here. I don't have a hell of a lot of time to write anymore.

As far as Australia goes, I'll be picking up an RV-6 with a buddy in
an RV-8 in Bendigo north of Melbourne in Sept and touring the entire
country with Boom Boom for a month, including Tasmania.

I'm giving a big talk in Bendigo to some flight organization on
Saturday Sept. 11th if you are in country. The talk will be mostly
about the stuff I've flown throughout my life, and the airplanes I
flew, and what we used them for...all unclassified of course. If you
are interested let me know and I'll tell you the place and times.

BWB

Old June 10th 04, 02:45 PM
BRO

Hi Bill,
I'm up in sunny Brisbane, about 1200 miles north of Melbourne.
Cheers,
Brett

"Badwater Bill" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 19:29:50 +1000, "BRO"
wrote:

Bill,
When you write your book, I'll buy the first copy.

Come visit Australia sometime. Same goes for the rest of you grumpy old
beggers.

Rgds,
Brett

Old June 10th 04, 03:42 PM
BRO

Bill,
I'd love to see your itinerary,

Cheers,

Old June 10th 04, 09:26 PM
Spammers Suck

(Badwater Bill) wrote in message ...
... I only hope that most of the
people who participated in this activity will find the humor in my
telling it and won't take offense

Well, OK, I won't take offense. I'll jsut point out a thing or two.

United States Environmental Protection Agency's highest honor,
the Gold Medal for Outstanding Achievement.

BTW, the US EPA was created by Richard Nixon.

In 1971 Richard Millhouse Nixon was the President of the United States
of America. He was a person who was steeped in the bull **** of
Washington and a crook to boot. He was so deceitful that his nickname
was "Tricky Dicky." He was serving his first term in office and was
up for reelection in 1972.

Yep, he was, in a word, a crook.

... We young guys ( I was 22) hated this war monger and wanted his
ass out of the White House because he was in the pockets of big
industry and they were the ones who were driving the war in Viet Nam.
There was no reason to be in Viet Nam other than to support war
industry in this country.

That may explain why Kennedy and Johnson sent American troops to
Vietnam. It doesn't explain why Nixon brought them back. As
you will recall, Nixon reduced the America forces in Vietnam until
the point when, in 1973, the year after I turned 18, the draft had
ended.

Nixon got us out of Vietnam.

The real deal was
this: Nixon was so scared about environmental issues and his lack of
addressing them, someone in his staff concocted this three year survey
to make the President look visible on environmental issues.

The real deal is that Nixon Create the US EPA and became the first
President since Teddy Roosevelt to actually give a **** about
the environmental protection and occupational health and safety.

Even the worst of crooks aren;t all bad.

He played piano rather well too.

--

FF
Old June 11th 04, 02:15 AM
Badwater Bill

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 23:45:03 +1000, "BRO"
wrote:

Hi Bill,
I'm up in sunny Brisbane, about 1200 miles north of Melbourne.
Cheers,
Brett

We'll be going through Brisbane on our way back south from Cairnes
(Cans). I'm looking forward to diving off the great Barrier Reef up
there.

The last cool dive I did was the Cayman Wall. I was talking to the
dive master a month ago on the boat when we did the dive. He told me
a month earlier some Yuppie went over the wall at 120 feet and kept
descending. He never hit the compressed air button to inflate his
buoyancy compensato (BC). He just kept getting squeezed and started
sinking faster and faster as he went down into the abyss. The dive
master followed him at full speed to 160 feet before he gave up and
turned around. Even then the dive master decompressed at 15 feet for
30 minutes before he came up. One of the other dive masters on the
boat took him down a second tank so he could decompress appropriately.
The Yuppie is fish food to say the least.

I heard a story similar to that off Cairnes six months ago. But then
some of the dive masters are nuts too. I was diving in Aruba three
months ago and our bottom time exceeded the Navy dive tables by three
minutes. The stupid dive master took everyone up to the surface. I
grabbed Boom Boom and held her back on the anchor line at 15 feet for
15 minutes to decompress. Jesus, the nearest recompression chamber
from Aruba is Miami. These guys are nuts. The PADI tables are really
conservative compared to the Navy dive tables. If you dive the Navy
tables to the letter, you will still get the benz 3% of the time. The
PADI tables are more conservative than that.

Anyway, I hear that they lose some out there off Cairnes (Cans) each
year. What do you think? Are you a diver?

BWB

Old June 11th 04, 02:17 AM
Badwater Bill

On 10 Jun 2004 13:26:30 -0700, (Spammers Suck)
wrote:

[...]

I agree with everything you said. But, I didn't know he played the
piano.

So, do I.

BWB

Old June 16th 04, 02:27 AM
Badwater Bill

There is a famous 'home movie' shot in the White House in which
Nixon played while Ella Fitzgerald sang. Also, after the 1960
election Nixon played for an appearance on the Tonight Show.

Afterwards when asked if he would ever run for President again
he repied "No, the last thing this country needs is another
piano player in the White House."

Nixon would have been a great President, if only he had been
honest.

BBWWWAAHHAHAHHHAHHAAA

Yeah. I agree.

BWB