Uh-oh: CBS News to air anti-GA hit piece on Wed. 1/14

Old January 14th 04, 10:28 PM
Tom Sixkiller

"Michael 182" wrote in message
news:M9jNb.66706$8H.107077@attbi_s03...
As I said in my original post "I know, I know - there are plenty of
equivalent threats that are not monitored (I liked the post about
trucks/OKC). I just don't like to take the stance that GA is no threat -
what happens after some incident occurs? Does GA become shut down?"

You know that, I know that, and the rest of the people here know that --
these mental midgets don't (seem to) know it and the audience doesn't
(apparently) seem able to figure that out.

"Tom Sixkiller" wrote in message

You could carry a lot more explosives in a 3/4 ton pickup or a 12 foot
U-Haul or fake UPS truck.

Old January 14th 04, 11:55 PM
Fred

I haven't even had my first flight yet and they want to close down all
the GA airports!?!? Ugh!

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/...in593216.shtml

--------------------------------

David H wrote in message ...
I just saw a "teaser" piece during the CBS Evening News promoting their
"investigation" on security at GA airports, to air tomorrow (Wed.
1/14). It looks like it's going to be just awful.

It showed a home on a residential airpark, and a woman in a hangar
saying "we can just come and go anytime we want, with no restrictions!"
Footage shows a Cessna approaching and landing. Announcer voice-over:
"You heard that right, NO RESTRICTIONS. Wait until you see what we
found. You'll be shocked. Tune in tomorrow for a CBS Evening News
Investigation."

Disgusting. This looks like it's going to be awful.

I just heard it again as I was typing this: "The trouble with security
at small airports, tomorrow." Looks like they're going to hype it a
lot. Ugh, where's my barf bag....

David H
Boeing Field (BFI), Seattle, WA
Visit the Pacific Northwest Flying forum:
http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/pnwflying

Old January 15th 04, 12:08 AM
Dave Stadt

"G.R. Patterson III" wrote in message

David H wrote:

I just saw a "teaser" piece during the CBS Evening News promoting their
"investigation" on security at GA airports, to air tomorrow (Wed.
1/14). It looks like it's going to be just awful.

Well, let me know how it goes. I haven't watched broadcast TV since I got

tired
of them shuffling "WKRP in Cincinnati" from one time slot to another every

week
(IOW, not for a lllooonnnggg time).

You haven't missed a thing!

George Patterson
Great discoveries are not announced with "Eureka!". What's usually

said is
"Hummmmm... That's interesting...."

Old January 15th 04, 12:23 AM
Geoffrey Barnes

Well, let me know how it goes. I haven't watched broadcast TV since I got
tired
of them shuffling "WKRP in Cincinnati" from one time slot to another every

week
(IOW, not for a lllooonnnggg time).

That makes three of us who have shut off the box... I even gave mine away to
my in-laws (and no, it didn't really help... they still don't think I'm good
enough for their daughter).

Old January 15th 04, 12:52 AM
Jay Honeck

Actually, tackling the media, beating the crap out of them and destroying
their equipment is just a good policy in general

I know you're being facetious, but reading this kind of statement is still
scary.

If you think the TSA and other government agencies are acting heavy-handed
now, imagine what they would be like without the media keeping them honest.

Think "North Korea."
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 15th 04, 01:56 AM
MRQB

just got done watching the news all i can say is hahahaha what bullshi*
PHuck CBS time for a G-A boycot of cbs

Old January 15th 04, 02:06 AM
Ben Smith

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/...in593216.shtml

In case anyone missed the broadcast, they have a streaming copy of the
report at the above site.. (Click the 'free video' link)

Old January 15th 04, 02:13 AM
G.R. Patterson III

Tom Sixkiller wrote:

They should also be held incommunicado for 30 days after the incident (in
the FBO restrooms) as an added security precaution.

Hey! The congestion at the FBO reading room after a long flight is bad enough
without using it as a holding cell.

Old January 15th 04, 03:01 AM
G.R. Patterson III

Fred wrote:

I haven't even had my first flight yet and they want to close down all
the GA airports!?!? Ugh!

Get used to it. Some form of "they" have been trying to close down airports since
at least the end of WW II.