Uh-oh: CBS News to air anti-GA hit piece on Wed. 1/14

Old January 15th 04, 03:19 PM
Tom Sixkiller

"G.R. Patterson III" wrote in message

Tom Sixkiller wrote:

They should also be held incommunicado for 30 days after the incident

(in
the FBO restrooms) as an added security precaution.

Hey! The congestion at the FBO reading room after a long flight is bad

enough
without using it as a holding cell.

Hmmmm...that's true! I guess we'll just have to take them in there and
quickly flush them.

Old January 15th 04, 03:21 PM
Tom Sixkiller

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
Actually, tackling the media, beating the crap out of them and

destroying
their equipment is just a good policy in general

I know you're being facetious, but reading this kind of statement is still
scary.

If you think the TSA and other government agencies are acting heavy-handed
now, imagine what they would be like without the media keeping them

honest.

Surely you're not serious!!!

Think "North Korea."

North Korea? Hell, think "Washington D.C." (District of Criminals)

(Remember: The vast majority of criticism is self-serving)

Old January 15th 04, 03:22 PM
Tom Sixkiller

"G.R. Patterson III" wrote in message

David H wrote:

I just saw a "teaser" piece during the CBS Evening News promoting their
"investigation" on security at GA airports, to air tomorrow (Wed.
1/14). It looks like it's going to be just awful.

Well, let me know how it goes. I haven't watched broadcast TV since I got

tired
of them shuffling "WKRP in Cincinnati" from one time slot to another every

week
(IOW, not for a lllooonnnggg time).

A man has GOT to have his PRIORITIES! :~)

Old January 15th 04, 03:23 PM
Tom Sixkiller

"Geoffrey Barnes" wrote in message
nk.net...
Well, let me know how it goes. I haven't watched broadcast TV since I

got
tired
of them shuffling "WKRP in Cincinnati" from one time slot to another

every
week
(IOW, not for a lllooonnnggg time).

That makes three of us who have shut off the box... I even gave mine away

my in-laws (and no, it didn't really help... they still don't think I'm

good
enough for their daughter).

Wrong point: -- Are THEY good enough for YOU?

Old January 15th 04, 06:06 PM
Al Gerharter

Did anyone catch who the sponsors were? I don't think I would want my
company advertising on a program that was obviously Clueless, and Uniformed.
Wouldn't that reflect poorly on my product? If "They" are ignorant, and I
hire them to represent me, am I not ignorant by association? By
demonstration?

Wait until you see what we found. You'll be shocked.
Tune in tomorrow for a CBS
Evening News Investigation."

This pretty much says it all. Some geek with too much time on his hands
takes a cheap shot at an industry for his own glory and profit. I think I
need to know where this "terrorist" gets his financing. Not with my dollars
you don't

Al Gerharter

Old January 15th 04, 06:22 PM
Peter Weaver

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/...in593216.shtml

Doesn't the American Homeland Security Department (or whatever
it is called) have some rules/laws about spreading unnecessary
fear and/or threats? If they have something like that maybe
one of the Americans reading this can file a complaint with
the department that CBS is terrorizing the American public
with this invented fear.

--
Peter Weaver
Weaver Consulting Services Inc.

Old January 15th 04, 06:46 PM
Matthew P. Cummings

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 15:01:04 -0700, Tom Sixkiller wrote:

You sure? I thought it was a part of "60 Minutes".

Nope it was NBC for sure.

They all do it. ABC did the Food Lion deal where their undercover
reporters fabricated dirty working conditions for the food, then filmed
it, sold moldy food to their employees, actually filmed themselves selling
themselves moldy food several times to get a good take. Of course, they
lost the court battle when Food Lion sued them. They stupidly kept the
outtakes.

CBS decided to preempt all the other networks on the start of the Iraq war
and aired a live attack piece, problem was, there was no war at the time,
not for quite some time. They ended up saying it was a rehearsal for the
real thing. You had to see it to believe it, they actually sent out a
live feed to the affiliates and claimed all this stuff was happening right
there, right now, when it wasn't... Gotta give them an E for effort
though.

Of course there are many many other fabrications by the big 3, plus also
Fox and CNN have been caught in the game to boot. Do a google search and
you'll be amazed at the court battles lost by them, they're all nothing
more than a propaganda machine for somebody, though who nobody knows...

For those that think this is a new thing, it's not. This has been
happening for a long time, but there's very little coverage of it because
if they nail the other network, they themselves become fair game as well,
a no win for them, and so it continues unchecked.

Old January 15th 04, 07:25 PM
Ron Natalie

"Matthew P. Cummings" wrote in message news
On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 15:01:04 -0700, Tom Sixkiller wrote:

You sure? I thought it was a part of "60 Minutes".

Nope it was NBC for sure.

The saddle tank "simulation" was done for Dateline. A show that's
intended to be more entertainment than news.

Old January 15th 04, 10:22 PM
Tom Sixkiller

"Ash Wyllie" wrote in message
Tom Sixkiller opined

You could carry a lot more explosives in a 3/4 ton pickup or a 12 foot
U-Haul or fake UPS truck.

Very true, but you can easily get an airplane inside a stadium or past a

road
block or over a barbed wire fence or to the 30th floor of a building.

The Murrah Building says that's sorta irrelevant.

A semi tractor-trailer could take out the 30th floor by taking our floors 1
thru 29.

One should neither over nor under estimate a danger.

Exactly -- and what they're doing is failing to think outside the box
(airplane=delivery system)

Old January 15th 04, 10:36 PM
Tom Sixkiller

"Al Gerharter" wrote in message
s.com...
Did anyone catch who the sponsors were? I don't think I would want my
company advertising on a program that was obviously Clueless, and

Uniformed.
Wouldn't that reflect poorly on my product? If "They" are ignorant, and I
hire them to represent me, am I not ignorant by association? By
demonstration?

Sponsors are usually lined up LONG before a segment is planned/runs.

Whatsmore, they probably figure rather like "we'll lose 50 customers, but
gain 100".

What was that Marx said about the capitalists lining up to sell the rope?