Pilot watch not a real EB6

Old March 17th 07, 11:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

Default Pilot watch not a real EB6

A little watch, that keeps time accurately is all you need.
Of course, unless you are female, a dainty ladies watch is
out of place.

When I was about 18, I bought a Rolex divers watch.
Beautifully constructed, polished stainless steel, good to
200 meters. Worst damn watch I ever had. Tried to use it
for about three years, it was back in Switzerland 3 times
for a total of nearly a year of those three while they tried
to fix it. When it was nearly, new, the stem just pulled
out, kind of hurts the waterproof design. Back it went. It
came back in a few months and kept time so-so, until the
stem broke again. Sent it back and had it completely
refurbished with new crystal and such and put it back in the
box for 20 years. Sold it at a small profit a few years
ago. Original cost was $135 [long time ago] and I got most
of that back. You want a good watch, buy a Seiko, Timex or
something else under $50 [well under] and be happy.

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message
| One of the best fighter pilots I ever knew wore a Mickey
Mouse
| watch....I mean a REAL Mickey Mouse watch!!!
| Before you laugh, I can tell you from experience that the
watch broke
| the ice with beautiful young ladies at the O club bar on
more than one
| occasion :-)
| Dudley Henriques
|
| BT wrote:
| The fighter pilots skills are related to the size of his
watch.
| The bigger the watch, the lower the skill.
|
| BT
|
| "BillJosephson" wrote in
message

ups.com...
| Hi. I am a bit confused. I saw this watch on Amazon and
a reviewer
| states it is not a real EB6:
|
| "The E6-B rule bezel is incomplete, however
operational. For a perfect
| calculation, you must have a "mirror" of the main
functions of the
| rule bezel printed within the watch, just like any
Jeppesen Computer.
| Although I knew this when I bought the watch, it's
still important to
| mention that. There are watches in the market with a
complete E6-B

http://www.amazon.com/Seiko-Mens-Tac...3932448&sr=8-4

| But I've looked at other watches, like the one I want,
and the "slide
| rule" seems the same on all of them:
|
| http://mymsn.qxl.no/accdb/ViewItem.asp?IDI=412615595
|
| I want a real EB6; what am I missing? Is this guy
right? Is the

Old March 17th 07, 02:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

I don't even wear a watch any more. Pain in the butt really. I own a
Brietling AOPA E6B bezel watch that I've had since it was given to me in
the 50's. Its in perfect condition but I never wear it. I've had
Rolex's, Accutrons, and God knows what else. Like you, as long as it
ticks it's fine with me :-)
Dudley Henriques

Old March 18th 07, 04:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

I like silent watches with no moving parts, just electrons
and LCDs.

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message
news |I don't even wear a watch any more. Pain in the butt
really. I own a
| Brietling AOPA E6B bezel watch that I've had since it was
given to me in
| the 50's. Its in perfect condition but I never wear it.
I've had
| Rolex's, Accutrons, and God knows what else. Like you, as
long as it
| ticks it's fine with me :-)
| Dudley Henriques
|
| Jim Macklin wrote:
| A little watch, that keeps time accurately is all you
need.
| Of course, unless you are female, a dainty ladies watch
is
| out of place.
|
| When I was about 18, I bought a Rolex divers watch.
| Beautifully constructed, polished stainless steel, good
| 200 meters. Worst damn watch I ever had. Tried to use
it
| for about three years, it was back in Switzerland 3
times
| for a total of nearly a year of those three while they
tried
| to fix it. When it was nearly, new, the stem just
pulled
| out, kind of hurts the waterproof design. Back it went.
It
| came back in a few months and kept time so-so, until the
| stem broke again. Sent it back and had it completely
| refurbished with new crystal and such and put it back in
the
| box for 20 years. Sold it at a small profit a few years
| ago. Original cost was $135 [long time ago] and I got
most
| of that back. You want a good watch, buy a Seiko, Timex
or
| something else under $50 [well under] and be happy.
|

| "Dudley Henriques" wrote in message
| | One of the best fighter pilots I ever knew wore a
Mickey
| Mouse
| | watch....I mean a REAL Mickey Mouse watch!!!
| | Before you laugh, I can tell you from experience that
the
| watch broke
| | the ice with beautiful young ladies at the O club bar
on
| more than one
| | occasion :-)
| | Dudley Henriques
| |
| | BT wrote:
| | The fighter pilots skills are related to the size of
his
| watch.
| | The bigger the watch, the lower the skill.
| |
| | BT
| |
| | "BillJosephson" wrote in
| message
| |

ups.com...
| | Hi. I am a bit confused. I saw this watch on Amazon
and
| a reviewer
| | states it is not a real EB6:
| |
| | "The E6-B rule bezel is incomplete, however
| operational. For a perfect
| | calculation, you must have a "mirror" of the main
| functions of the
| | rule bezel printed within the watch, just like any
| Jeppesen Computer.
| | Although I knew this when I bought the watch, it's
| still important to
| | mention that. There are watches in the market with
| complete E6-B
| | rule bezel."
| |
| | for this watch:
| |
| |

http://www.amazon.com/Seiko-Mens-Tac...3932448&sr=8-4
| |
| | But I've looked at other watches, like the one I
want,
| and the "slide
| | rule" seems the same on all of them:
| |
| |
http://mymsn.qxl.no/accdb/ViewItem.asp?IDI=412615595
| |
| | I want a real EB6; what am I missing? Is this guy
| right? Is the
| | latter watch true EB6? How do you tell?
| |
| | Thanks a lot....
| |
| | Bill
| |
| |
| |

Is Chris Thomas a Real Pilot? jls Home Built 147 September 14th 04 03:03 PM
I wonder if Chris Thomas is a real pilot? Anybody know? Badwater Bill Home Built 116 September 3rd 04 05:43 PM
I wonder if Chris Thomas is a real pilot? Anybody know? RobertR237 Home Built 14 September 1st 04 04:42 AM
I'm a real PILOT! CFLav8r Piloting 45 April 26th 04 03:29 PM
AOPA ZULU Time Pilot watch on eBay Cecil E. Chapman Products 0 October 13th 03 06:40 PM