Low End Headsets

Old July 4th 07, 12:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
William Bruce

Default Low End Headsets

I've lost my long time headset. (I know. No recriminations, please.) I'm
interested in recommendations for low end headsets (read "cheap"). Almost
all of my flights are puddlejumps here on Gulf coast, mainly sightseeing
jaunts of under an hour. Day long comfort is not a requirement. What would
you recommend?

Old July 4th 07, 12:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike Proctor

William Bruce wrote:
I've lost my long time headset. (I know. No recriminations, please.) I'm
interested in recommendations for low end headsets (read "cheap"). Almost
all of my flights are puddlejumps here on Gulf coast, mainly sightseeing
jaunts of under an hour. Day long comfort is not a requirement. What would
you recommend?

Here's what I bought:

http://www.pilotshop.com/solo-cellmu...25607cbb46b015
Old July 4th 07, 01:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gatt

I'm using a $160 Telex Eschelon headset that hasn't given me any problems at
all for the last three years or so. You would probably want to add cloth
earpad covers if it's hot, though.
http://www.telex.com/Aircraft/Produc...4&ProductID=14

Old July 4th 07, 01:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Vaughn Simon

"William Bruce" wrote in message
What would you recommend?

Anything from Lightspeed. http://www.lightspeedaviation.com/products.asp

Vaughn

Old July 4th 07, 03:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Andrew Sarangan

On Jul 3, 7:47 pm, "William Bruce" wrote:
I've lost my long time headset. (I know. No recriminations, please.) I'm
interested in recommendations for low end headsets (read "cheap"). Almost
all of my flights are puddlejumps here on Gulf coast, mainly sightseeing
jaunts of under an hour. Day long comfort is not a requirement. What would
you recommend?

I've used Marv Golden headset for under $100. They are pretty decent
for their price. Whatever you do, don't waste money on the 'cosmetic
flaw/minor damage' headsets advertised on flying magazines. I can't
recall their name right now, but they are major ripoff. I was suckered
into them many years ago. They are not cosmetically flawed headsets.
They are basically two speakers with a coat hanger over your head.
When I called them about why they had next to zero noise attenuation,
they argued that it is important for a pilot to be able to hear the
engine.

Old July 4th 07, 05:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
RomeoMike

I've got some used ones guaranteed to work very well, and they would be
cheap. If interested, email romeomikeAT Gmaildotcom

Old July 4th 07, 05:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
tony roberts

AvCom are good - and they are great value.
But used and working is perhaps your best way to go.
Romeo Mikes offer sound like it is maybe your best deal!

Tony

--

Tony Roberts
PP-ASEL
Old July 4th 07, 09:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Thomas Borchert

William,

I don't think your philosophy is wise, but I'd second the
recommendation for low-end Lightspeeds.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old July 4th 07, 12:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mortimer Schnerd, RN[_2_]

Andrew Sarangan wrote:
I've used Marv Golden headset for under $100. They are pretty decent
for their price.

I second the vote for Marv Golden:

http://www.marvgolden.com/headsets/mg40.htm

I bought these as a second headset to go along with my high dollar Dave Clarks
and found I liked them quite a lot. Plus you can't beat the price: $89.95.
One caveat: Marv Golden says they're sold out for the next three weeks... until
the 25th.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

Old July 4th 07, 09:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Hawkeye[_2_]

Huh. Whadya say? I learned the hard way about not having proper
hearing protection associated with cheap headsets. My Lightspeeds have
been my salvation in preserving my hearing so I can continue to fly.
Hearing loss is accumulative...it all adds up over time. Besides a
missed communication could have serious repercussions.

Headsets are like shoes, if they don't fit well, you tend not to wear
them.

PCA-ANR Headsets Lou Owning 1 May 30th 07 03:52 PM
Headsets tony roberts Piloting 4 September 8th 06 03:46 AM
about headsets Sylvain Piloting 0 August 11th 06 05:36 AM
In-Ear Headsets John Clonts Piloting 3 November 22nd 05 09:19 PM
headsets James myers,jr. Aviation Marketplace 3 October 18th 05 02:45 AM