Experimentals To Be Banned To Rural Airports?

Old August 31st 08, 11:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
BT

Default Experimentals To Be Banned To Rural Airports?

Tom.. may I asked where you moved it to?
Because if you picked 0L7 and CCDoA gets their way.. that airport will be
closed in 2017.

They (CCDoA) won't tell you it will be closed, they are not allowing further
development at the airport, but this is where RandyW wants experimentals to
go. There are no hangers, there are no maint facilities, they are allowing
cracks in the ramp and runways to develop. The legislative language that got
them the BLM land for their new airport says that 0L7 will remain open "as
long as it is feasibly safe".

If they get their way and the new IVP airport opens, say hello to expansion
of the current ClassB, or at least a Class C, and the 0L7 airport will be
within the Class D radius of the IVP operations, so you'll need clearance
from a remote tower to get in and out. Oh.. another thing.. the FAF for the
approach into IVP will be just about where the downwind is for 20R.

Also, CCDoA is making no noise about closing 0L7, and they are making no
noise about developing another "Sport Aviation" facility to take it's place.

BT

"Tom C" * wrote in message

"Steve Foley" wrote in message
"T. "Tim" Timothy Haag aka HyoogeUmp56" wrote in
message ...
http://www.avweb.com/eletter/archives/avflash/1199-full.html#198676

'Clark County Aviation Director Randy Walker

I just moved my Cherokee from VGT not because of safety, but because this
guy is well known to hate GA. All he wants there are small jet ops. VGT is
enough of a PIA because of McCarran's and Nellis Class B then throw in VGT
class D. Now you have this guy who hates GA and the clueless people who
were sold a bill of goods by developers that encroached on an airport
that's been there since WW II and we have one melting ball of wax.

All but one Grand Canyon tour operator has been pushed out of VGT. Mercy
Air has no bases there only maintenance. Two fixed wing air ambulances
were pushed to McCarran and Henderson,

All this guy needed was an excuse. Now he has a Velocity into one house
and a certified twin into another.

It's going to get ugly.

Tom C

Old August 31st 08, 11:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Tom C

61B dodging helicopters Only $5 bucks more a month and it's way closer to
home so I make it up in time savings and gas. Plus the best Brew Pub in
Clark County is out there so when I put the plane away I can go for cold
draft and tasty burger.

Tom C

Old September 1st 08, 01:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Orval Fairbairn[_2_]

In article ,
Gezellig wrote:

On Sun, 31 Aug 2008 10:31:17 -0700, Tom C wrote:

Now you have this guy who hates GA and the clueless people who were
sold a bill of goods by developers that encroached on an airport that's
been
there since WW II and we have one melting ball of wax.

In another thread I was reading about the hazards of airparks. The
discussion were adamant about that not being the case yet here I have
this opinion stated three or four times in this thread. Care to comment?

HUH???? What hazards of airparks? There has been nothing in this thread
about it!

Old September 1st 08, 01:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe

"Orval Fairbairn" wrote in message
news
In article ,
Gezellig wrote:

On Sun, 31 Aug 2008 10:31:17 -0700, Tom C wrote:

Now you have this guy who hates GA and the clueless people who were
sold a bill of goods by developers that encroached on an airport
that's
been
there since WW II and we have one melting ball of wax.

In another thread I was reading about the hazards of airparks. The
discussion were adamant about that not being the case yet here I have
this opinion stated three or four times in this thread. Care to comment?

HUH???? What hazards of airparks? There has been nothing in this thread
about it!

That was some thread a while ago. Someone was convinced that living at an
airpark was something like a suicide attempt. Data to the contrary was
dismissed as obviously wrong because living near a runway was
pre-determined to be dangerous.

--
Geoff
The Sea Hawk at Wow Way d0t Com

Old September 1st 08, 01:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
BT

roger on 61B and dodging helo's..
which pub would that be?? the A&W?
BT

Old September 1st 08, 04:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Tom C

"BT" wrote in message
roger on 61B and dodging helo's..
which pub would that be?? the A&W?

Boulder Dam Brewery. Try the IPA and the stout. Heck even the light beer is
good.

Tom C

BT

Old September 1st 08, 09:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Tri-Pacer

That was some thread a while ago. Someone was convinced that living at an
airpark was something like a suicide attempt. Data to the contrary was
dismissed as obviously wrong because living near a runway was
pre-determined to be dangerous.

Damn right they're dangerous. I'm suicidal and want to buy your airpark at a
deep discount

Help me end it all !!!!

PS It's gotta have a nice hangar

Cheers:

Paul
N1431A
KPLU

Old September 1st 08, 10:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Gezellig

On Sun, 31 Aug 2008 20:16:46 -0400, Orval Fairbairn wrote:

In article ,
Gezellig wrote:

On Sun, 31 Aug 2008 10:31:17 -0700, Tom C wrote:

Now you have this guy who hates GA and the clueless people who were
sold a bill of goods by developers that encroached on an airport that's
been
there since WW II and we have one melting ball of wax.

In another thread I was reading about the hazards of airparks. The
discussion were adamant about that not being the case yet here I have
this opinion stated three or four times in this thread. Care to comment?

HUH???? What hazards of airparks? There has been nothing in this thread
about it!

What hazards? Get serious, air parks like any other airfield have
hazards.
Old September 1st 08, 10:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Gezellig

On Sun, 31 Aug 2008 20:50:06 -0400, Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe wrote:

In another thread I was reading about the hazards of airparks. The
discussion were adamant about that not being the case yet here I have
this opinion stated three or four times in this thread. Care to comment?

HUH???? What hazards of airparks? There has been nothing in this thread
about it!

That was some thread a while ago. Someone was convinced that living at an
airpark was something like a suicide attempt. Data to the contrary was
dismissed as obviously wrong because living near a runway was
pre-determined to be dangerous.

The thread I am reading is pretty fairly discussed by the poster. It
does appear that a bunch got their knickers in a wad over the realities
of airpark hazards. What has been lost is my question as to why
developers were /against/ GA, I had wrongly assumed there were
developers who had sold the + benefits of GA to homebuyers.
Old September 1st 08, 10:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Gezellig

On Mon, 1 Sep 2008 13:18:36 -0700, Tri-Pacer wrote:

That was some thread a while ago. Someone was convinced that living at an
airpark was something like a suicide attempt. Data to the contrary was
dismissed as obviously wrong because living near a runway was
pre-determined to be dangerous.

Damn right they're dangerous. I'm suicidal and want to buy your airpark at a
deep discount

Help me end it all !!!!

PS It's gotta have a nice hangar

Cheers:

Paul
N1431A
KPLU

Paul, you should have no problem, there are dozens of them in the USA
for sale.