US: Who is Flying What

Old November 12th 19, 08:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Leibacher

Default US: Who is Flying What

I have updated the informal listing of US tail IDs with the last 17 years of contest results at http://soaringweb.org/CN/ and mirror sites. There is a lot of hand editing and input from the community, so please send along your corrections and additions to

John Leibacher / 2E
Old November 12th 19, 11:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

PM sent for 5J.

--
Dan, 5J
Old November 13th 19, 01:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Thank you John! You are a tireless ambassador and supporter for our sport! I only wish we were flying together again like the old days!

CH ASW27
Old November 13th 19, 02:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jcg8w%[email protected]

Agreed -- Excellent

John -- thank you very much -- greatly appreciated

AE

========

Old November 13th 19, 04:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net

Very interesting and fun data. I was curious to determine which glider had the "highest" count. Of course as this is based on the ContestID, and a specific glider can be used by others, sold, etc, take the numbers with a grain of salt.

Interesting Factoid - there were 57 one-off unique gliders. These are listed below.

The top 100 models of gliders in order is;

SGS-1-26 564
Ventus 218
Discus 183
ASW-27 172
ASW-20 101
LS-8 83
ASG-29 74
DuoDiscus 71
LS-4 61
PW-5 60
StemmeS-10 51
StdCirrus 47
ASW-24 43
LS-6 40
LS-3 39
LAK-17 39
H-201Libelle 34
ASW-28 32
HPH-304 31
DG-800 30
SZD-55 28
ASW-19 26
Nimbus-3 26
DG-1000 25
Arcus 23
ASH-26 22
JS-1 22
PIK-20 21
ASH-25 20
ASK-21 20
ASH-31 15
SZD-42Jantar 15
DG-300 15
Genesis 13
Glasflügel303Mosquito 12
ASW-15 12
SilentS2 11
DG-808 11
DG-400 11
Blanik-L33 11
304C 10
SparrowHawk 10
Ka-6 10
Mini-Nimbus 10
Nimbus-4 10
RussiaAC-4 9
Cirrus 9
H-301Libelle 9
DG-303 9
DG-505 9

One-Off Gliders
(there has to be some errors in this with the wrong model number listed)

2CM
AC4C
AFH-3
Apis13
ASG-31
ASK-14
ASK21
AustriaSH-1
B-4
Bergfalke3
Bielsko1
Blanik-L23
BS-1
CherokeeII
Concept-70
Concordia
Diiscusb
DuckHawkSV
eDuoDiscus
Egret
ElfeS-3
Extreme
Glasflügel206Hornet
Glasflügel604
GrobTwin
H-201Stan
HP-11
HP-16T
HP-18A
J.LS-4
Ka-8
KatanaExtreme
L-13Blani
L23W
LETL-33
LHP-18
LP-15Nugg
LP-15Nugget
LPH18
LS-18
NG-1
PhoebusB1
Promyk
PZLKrosnoKR-03APuchatek
RS-15
SGS-1-34
SGS-1-35C
SGS-1-36
SlingsbyVegaT65
StandardC
StdAustria
SW-27
SZF24FoKa-4
Tetra15
TST-14M
TwinAstir
Woodstock-11.9

Old November 13th 19, 06:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net

OOPS. I had listed above the top *FIFTY* glider models (I was counting Excel cells - models and counts). Sorry 'bout that.

The full list of the 154 models in John Leibacher's data (with counts) is available at;

http://aviation.derosaweb.net/miscel...2019.11.13.pdf

Enjoy, John

Old November 13th 19, 07:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Leibacher

Many thanks; looks lik I still need to clean yet more of the ways that glider types appear.

John L / 2E
Old November 13th 19, 09:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

It clearly has lots of errors; eg, the FAA lists 30 of the ASH31Mi, while this
list has only 15. Why use this list when you can use the REAL data from the FAA?

Old November 13th 19, 09:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Wednesday, November 13, 2019 at 4:32:55 PM UTC-5, Eric Greenwell wrote:
It clearly has lots of errors; eg, the FAA lists 30 of the ASH31Mi, while this
list has only 15. Why use this list when you can use the REAL data from the FAA?

JL developed the list from contest activity which is why it is based on contest numbers.
I don't think the FAA has those.
Interesting exercise
UH
Old November 14th 19, 12:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom BravoMike

Just a little correction:
SZD-55 - 28 gliders
Promyk - 1 glider