Wedekind sleeves source

Old November 8th 19, 09:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charles Longley

Default Wedekind sleeves source

Does anyone have a source for Wedekind sleeves on an ASW20? Schleicher says no mas.
Old November 8th 19, 10:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike Reid

On Friday, November 8, 2019 at 11:56:33 AM UTC-9, Charles Longley wrote:
Does anyone have a source for Wedekind sleeves on an ASW20? Schleicher says no mas.

John DeRosa references a couple of suppliers he http://aviation.derosaweb.net/wedekind/

Mike
Old November 9th 19, 12:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]

On Friday, November 8, 2019 at 12:56:33 PM UTC-8, Charles Longley wrote:
Does anyone have a source for Wedekind sleeves on an ASW20? Schleicher says no mas.

Try Lindner. They have various types.
Jim
Old November 9th 19, 03:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charles Longley

OK thanks I’ll give them a call.
Old November 9th 19, 01:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie Quebec

Odd, I got them from Schleicher a ago. Great improvement on pins.
Old November 9th 19, 02:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charles Longley

I talked to some gal at Williams. Maybe she didn’t understand what I was asking for. I’ll call Rex next week.
Old November 9th 19, 02:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]

On Saturday, November 9, 2019 at 4:15:52 AM UTC-8, Charlie Quebec wrote:
Odd, I got them from Schleicher a ago. Great improvement on pins.

Another option, since Wedekind sleeves involve a bit of installation...
Binder
https://www.binder-flugmotorenbau.de/start.html?&L=1
use a different type of connector on the EB28 and EB29. They have just made them retrofittable n LS- 1d, 1f, 4, 4a 6a, 6b... But that is done through DG, who are a pain in the arse to deal with if you don't pay the "LS Tax".
Here is the LS retrofit page, where you see the connector.
https://www.dg-flugzeugbau.de/en/dg-...otellier/18390
Since the EB series started out as ASH25, perhaps they have something that works on ASW20.
That connector is much nicer looking than the nasty old L'Hotelliers.
I've personally found two L'Hotelliers that failed, discovered while de-rigging after flight. Both fortunately had safeties.
Jim
Old November 9th 19, 07:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net

Everyone - please report back with what you find, good or bad, so that I can update my document with the best info.

Thanks, John
Old November 9th 19, 08:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Saturday, November 9, 2019 at 7:58:14 AM UTC-6, JS wrote:
[...]

These Binder SKB connectors sound interesting. Do they replace both of the L'Hotelliers parts (the ball and the cup portions)?

Thanks, John
Old November 9th 19, 09:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie Quebec

I would contact them direct in Germany.

White LS Sleeves VS Wedekind for ASW 19? Nicholas L Soaring 10 May 19th 14 05:44 PM
Wedekind Sleeves for GROB ASTIR CS Juliet11[_2_] Soaring 2 April 1st 13 03:39 PM
Wedekind Safety Sleeves ContestID67 Soaring 3 March 5th 07 01:04 PM
Wedekind Safety Sleeves Huds Soaring 5 May 8th 05 03:07 AM
Source for Wedekind sleeves - AS-W20a Mark Grubb Soaring 7 April 6th 04 08:19 PM