A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

iGlide functionality

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 10th 19, 11:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Foster
external usenet poster

Default iGlide functionality

In an effort not to hijack a recent thread any more than I've already done, I decided to start this thread here to deal with any/all my questions regarding this software.

I'm running the "Lite" version of this currently on an iPhone XS Max. So far it is pretty basic in that it will log my flights with a moving map display. I've attempted to customize the boxes at the top and bottom of the screen, but on some flights recently, there are some features that just don't seem to work. I'm not sure if this is because its the Lite version, or if its because of something else. I did notice in a recent link to the online manual that it mentioned somewhere that "some features won't work unless connected to an outside GPS source". I'm curious why that wouldn't work using the phone's built-in GPS. I wasn't able to get it to display glide ratio and am wondering if this is the problem.

I'll likely have more questions about different features, and will try to post them here in this thread unless appropriate for elsewhere. Thanks.