IGlide loses routes

Old October 8th 19, 03:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default IGlide loses routes

I thought this problem had been fixed, but it’s back. All my saved routes disappear. There is never an issue with the log files, turnpoint files, or map files. But the routes must get written to someplace that is not stored. And every now and again, they are gone! Is there a fix for this?
Old October 8th 19, 04:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jfitch

On Monday, October 7, 2019 at 7:00:28 PM UTC-7, wrote:
I thought this problem had been fixed, but it’s back. All my saved routes disappear. There is never an issue with the log files, turnpoint files, or map files. But the routes must get written to someplace that is not stored. And every now and again, they are gone! Is there a fix for this?

I never seen that happen - but as I recall the routes are stored in the Routes.aip file, which you can backup in iTunes.
Old October 8th 19, 10:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Foster

On Monday, October 7, 2019 at 9:29:54 PM UTC-6, jfitch wrote:
On Monday, October 7, 2019 at 7:00:28 PM UTC-7, wrote:
I thought this problem had been fixed, but it’s back. All my saved routes disappear. There is never an issue with the log files, turnpoint files, or map files. But the routes must get written to someplace that is not stored. And every now and again, they are gone! Is there a fix for this?

I never seen that happen - but as I recall the routes are stored in the Routes.aip file, which you can backup in iTunes.

Is there a published manual for iGlide? Online somewhere?
Old October 8th 19, 10:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jfitch

On Tuesday, October 8, 2019 at 2:17:39 PM UTC-7, John Foster wrote:
On Monday, October 7, 2019 at 9:29:54 PM UTC-6, jfitch wrote:
On Monday, October 7, 2019 at 7:00:28 PM UTC-7, wrote:
I thought this problem had been fixed, but it’s back. All my saved routes disappear. There is never an issue with the log files, turnpoint files, or map files. But the routes must get written to someplace that is not stored. And every now and again, they are gone! Is there a fix for this?

I never seen that happen - but as I recall the routes are stored in the Routes.aip file, which you can backup in iTunes.

Is there a published manual for iGlide? Online somewhere?

Yes, in the support section on the Air Avionics site. Unfortunately, it is very down rev and does not describe the xml and aip files where it stores all of the settings and preferences. The appearance can be customized to a large extent by editing the config and styles xml files, while these are nearly human readable there is no documentation so you must do some trial and error experiments. Try:

https://www.air-avionics.com/?page_id=401

Old October 8th 19, 11:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
MMOORE

https://www.air-avionics.com/support..._manual_en.pdf
Old October 9th 19, 12:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Foster

On Tuesday, October 8, 2019 at 4:25:13 PM UTC-6, MMOORE wrote:
https://www.air-avionics.com/support..._manual_en.pdf

Thanks. I'm assuming this is for the "Pro" version? It does not seem to differentiate between the different versions, and I'm unable to make many of the features work in the "Lite" version (expected). It would be nice though to have more details on how to use all the features available in each version.
Old October 9th 19, 09:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Magnetar

Not sure if it would help, I never had the routes deleted without the maps, waypoints, etc deleted as well.

I sent an email earlier this year to tech support about that and their answer was the following:

"thank you for your message. Please make sure there is at minimum 25% memory left in your IOS device at every time.
Otherwise the IOS system is deleting "non-priority data" regularaly.
Often it helps to delete data that is not needed anymore, like pictures, videos, messahes, etc.

We are always happy to help if you have more questions.

Kind regards
Frank Woidich"

I then asked if it was possible to have iGlide as 'priority' data but never got any answer.
Old October 9th 19, 05:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jfitch

On Tuesday, October 8, 2019 at 4:20:14 PM UTC-7, John Foster wrote:
On Tuesday, October 8, 2019 at 4:25:13 PM UTC-6, MMOORE wrote:
https://www.air-avionics.com/support..._manual_en.pdf

Thanks. I'm assuming this is for the "Pro" version? It does not seem to differentiate between the different versions, and I'm unable to make many of the features work in the "Lite" version (expected). It would be nice though to have more details on how to use all the features available in each version.

There is nothing from Air Avionics explaining the differences. With the Advanced version you get the ability to construct routes, which is key to any use. The Lite version is really not useful for much cross country and useless for tasks. The Pro version gives you more ability to customize turnpoints for racing task creation, and more racing statistics. Much of the Pro is directed more at FAI racing rules (sector and keyhole turnpoints, etc.)

I am a big fan of the program, but the Advanced is the minimum you should consider in my opinion. I wish (and have implored them to do so) that they had a free version with all of the features that ran only in simulation mode.. They would sell many more if they did that. Right now the only way to sample is to buy the Lite, and that is discouraging as it does not do routes. If you fly cross country or do any racing at all, you need Advanced. If you do a lot of racing, you need the Pro.
Old October 11th 19, 12:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Agreed, the Pro version is excellent. The others not so much.
Old October 11th 19, 04:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jfitch

On Thursday, October 10, 2019 at 4:10:45 PM UTC-7, wrote:
Agreed, the Pro version is excellent. The others not so much.

Actually the Adv does quite a bit. Pretty much everything I'd want to do, except that there is little flexibility in customizing the turn point geometry. The Lite does not do enough to be useful for cross country flight.

iGlide loses saved routes [email protected] Soaring 1 November 18th 18 05:10 PM
iGlide John Foster Soaring 9 August 7th 18 08:02 PM
Saving tasks (routes) in iglide [email protected] Soaring 9 July 28th 17 03:53 PM
Iglide chris johnson Soaring 2 August 1st 15 03:22 PM
iglide [email protected] Soaring 1 June 2nd 13 05:07 PM