When will my portable powerFLARM have its logger functionality?

Old February 18th 13, 02:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)

Default When will my portable powerFLARM have its logger functionality?

If it already does, my apologies. Its been a year and a half. When will this feature be available to me as it was a significant part of the reason that I purchased one. I am becoming less and less fond of the permanent indefiniteness of this process.

Thanks,

Sean
F2
Old February 18th 13, 02:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrzej Kobus

On Feb 17, 9:01*pm, "Sean F (F2)" wrote:
If it already does, my apologies. *Its been a year and a half. *When will this feature be available to me as it was a significant part of the reason that I purchased one. *I am becoming less and less fond of the permanent indefiniteness of this process.

Thanks,

Sean

Delays and delays I wonder if it will be months or years...
Old February 18th 13, 04:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Sunday, February 17, 2013 7:01:50 PM UTC-7, Sean F (F2) wrote:
If it already does, my apologies. Its been a year and a half. When will this feature be available to me as it was a significant part of the reason that I purchased one. I am becoming less and less fond of the permanent indefiniteness of this process.

Thanks,

Sean

F2

I have V2.6 which is (Or was when it was loaded) A beta version of the logger. Will let you know how it works in April.
Old February 18th 13, 07:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I intend to install PowerFLARM for 2014 and I'm starting to wonder if the IGC approval will be completed by then, let alone this season.
Old February 18th 13, 08:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Evan Ludeman[_4_]

On Monday, February 18, 2013 3:15:59 PM UTC-5, Darryl Ramm wrote:
On Monday, February 18, 2013 4:45:03 AM UTC-8, waremark wrote:

On Monday, 18 February 2013 11:26:21 UTC, Tim Newport-Peace wrote:

At 07:56 18 February 2013, wrote:

I intend to install PowerFLARM for 2014 and I'm starting to wonder if the

IGC approval will be completed by then, let alone this season.

Have patience. Powerflarm only arrived with IGC on New Years Eve.

Only a politician (whose promises are worth what?) would promise a date,

but expect it ‘real soon now’.

Is the European 'Core' version going to be an IGC approved logger? Will this apply to units already supplied?

Looks like they are planning on it as a paid upgrade. See
http://www.powerflarm.aero/index.php...ffic-sensor-en

For Europe. US Info: http://powerflarm.us/specs/

T8

Old February 18th 13, 08:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Looks like they are planning on it as a paid upgrade. See http://www.powerflarm.aero/index.php...ffic-sensor-en

Rather, it looks like they are planning to sell a cheaper version without ADSB and IGC logger. Those of us who bought cores in the US got the fancy version. We won't pay more, but may regret not having waited for the option to pay less.

If they have logger software submitted to IGC, I don't get why we can't use the logger now without IGC blessing. US contests no not require IGC blessing, we just need IGC files.

John Cochrane

powerflarm portable for sale [email protected] Soaring 0 October 23rd 12 03:32 PM
For Sale PowerFLARM Portable (USA) Andy[_1_] Soaring 0 September 17th 12 12:28 AM
Logger on PowerFlarm? LOV2AV8 Soaring 7 July 27th 12 03:18 AM
FS - Powerflarm Portable Westbender Soaring 0 January 9th 12 09:21 PM
PowerFLARM Portable mount option DaleKramer Soaring 11 October 20th 10 03:45 PM