Crows?

Old October 13th 19, 10:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Colin Roney

Default Crows?

I`m searching for good ideas how to deter crows from landing on my glider,
which is picketted out during the season, from wrecking my weather covers?

Old October 13th 19, 12:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

On Sun, 13 Oct 2019 09:20:28 +0000, Colin Roney wrote:

I`m searching for good ideas how to deter crows from landing on my
glider,
which is picketted out during the season, from wrecking my weather
covers?

The best idea I've had involves a row of inverted 'Y' supports along the
fuselage the top of fin with a slack thread strung along them. The line
is slack is so they can't easily perch on it. That should stop them
crapping on the fuselage and fin, but would be fiddly to put on and take
off again and anyway that wouldn't keep them from attacking the wing
covers.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org

Old October 13th 19, 03:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Waveguru

How about one of those propane cannons?

Boggs
Old October 13th 19, 05:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

On Sun, 13 Oct 2019 07:44:59 -0700, Waveguru wrote:

How about one of those propane cannons?

I like your style!

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org

Old October 13th 19, 10:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
George Haeh

https://www.birdbgone.com/products/
Old October 17th 19, 03:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Vaughn Simon[_2_]

Try the simplest solution first, and then move on to more complicated
measures only if necessary: Google the term "Scarecrow Owl".

Vaughn

https://www.avg.com

Old October 17th 19, 05:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]

On Thursday, October 17, 2019 at 7:54:21 AM UTC-7, Vaughn Simon wrote:
Try the simplest solution first, and then move on to more complicated
measures only if necessary: Google the term "Scarecrow Owl".

Vaughn

On 10/13/2019 5:20 AM, Colin Roney wrote:
I`m searching for good ideas how to deter crows from landing on my glider,
which is picketted out during the season, from wrecking my weather covers?

https://www.avg.com

A friend has a "scarecrow owl" in his hangar.
Its covered in bird ****.
Jim
Old October 18th 19, 03:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
C Koenig[_2_]

I deterred crows and raptors from terrorizing (or eating) my chickens by hanging loose fishing line over their yard. Scare tape works too but needs to be replaced often.
Old October 18th 19, 05:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
glidergeek

12 gauge aim high