Video Making Suggestions

Old October 18th 07, 04:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Randy[_2_]

Default Video Making Suggestions

I am looking for suggestions on what type of video equipment to use
record some soaring flights. I would also like to know to safely mount
the
cameras, (both inside and outside the cockpit).
Thanks for your time!

Randy

Old October 18th 07, 12:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ken Kochanski (KK)

One of the students in our club just put together a nice video -
Sunday Soaring ... I just posted the file to our site last night ...
and was going to include details I recieved in an e-mail from the
maker. These will be updated on the site tonight ... don't have them
here at work, unfortunately.

This is a big file ... you will need a high speed link ...

http://www.pgcsoaring.org/07_Album_Menu.html

Old October 18th 07, 02:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ASW20C

What a great video! Good footage, good music; too bad we don't see
more of this.
Thanks for posting the link!

Old October 18th 07, 03:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Adam

On Oct 17, 10:43 pm, Randy wrote:
I am looking for suggestions on what type of video equipment to use
record some soaring flights. I would also like to know to safely mount
the
cameras, (both inside and outside the cockpit).
Thanks for your time!

Randy

I would talk to Sebastian Kawa. his home videos are fantastic!

http://www.youtube.com/user/kawior10

Old October 18th 07, 03:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
5Z

I just heard about this new company that is selling video setup for
recording airplane flight training: http://www.reflight.com/

Wasn't clear from the website, but it looks like either now or in the
future, the recorder will accept NMEA input from a GPS so one could
correlate video with position.

A bit more expensive than something one could cobble up themselves,
but it's a complete package that's specifically aimed at aviation.

-Tom

Old October 18th 07, 05:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Greg Arnold

Ken Kochanski (KK) wrote:
One of the students in our club just put together a nice video -
Sunday Soaring ... I just posted the file to our site last night ...
and was going to include details I recieved in an e-mail from the
maker. These will be updated on the site tonight ... don't have them
here at work, unfortunately.

This is a big file ... you will need a high speed link ...

http://www.pgcsoaring.org/07_Album_Menu.html

Very nice. Compare that to the one the SSA currently is spending its
money on (the one with the slow-talking narrator and the interminable
shots of gliders taking off and landing).
Old October 18th 07, 05:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Vsoars

On Oct 18, 9:49 am, 5Z wrote:
I just heard about this new company that is selling video setup for
recording airplane flight training:http://www.reflight.com/

Wasn't clear from the website, but it looks like either now or in the
future, the recorder will accept NMEA input from a GPS so one could
correlate video with position.

A bit more expensive than something one could cobble up themselves,
but it's a complete package that's specifically aimed at aviation.

-Tom

"Sunday Soaring" and all of Sebastian Kawa's should inspire people to
try soaring.

I have collected some excellent videos on my web site http://soar.weebly.com/

The purpose of this site is to give us another tool as we promote
soaring to young/adventurous people. I'd appreciate other suggestions
for additions, especially club videos. We need a collection to inspire
clubs to develop their own videos.

Old October 19th 07, 07:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper

Good video, but they seriously need a MKII "high tech" yaw string! What was
all that glopped-on ugly tape filling the top of the picture?

all the best,
--
bumper ZZ (reverse all after @)
"Dare to be different . . . circle in sink."

oups.com...

Old October 19th 07, 12:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ken Kochanski (KK)

On Oct 19, 2:25 am, "bumper" wrote:
Good video, but they seriously need a MKII "high tech" yaw string! What was
all that glopped-on ugly tape filling the top of the picture?

all the best,
--
bumper ZZ (reverse all after @)
"Dare to be different . . . circle in sink."

"Ken Kochanski (KK)" wrote in ooglegroups.com...

On Oct 17, 11:43 pm, Randy wrote:
I am looking for suggestions on what type of video equipment to use
record some soaring flights. I would also like to know to safely mount
the
cameras, (both inside and outside the cockpit).
Thanks for your time!

Randy- Hide quoted text -

Yeah ... I think we have about a square yard of tape and residue on
the canopy. =8o

I think this was Kyle's first attempt at a soaring video ... and he
was combining student instructional flights with the video efforts ...
I'm thinking maybe we can just reshoot and re-edit these forward
facing sequences to remove the only 'artistic' blemish I can see in
the production. Still a great video ...

KK

Old October 19th 07, 05:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ContestID67

This has to be one of the best short videos of soaring I have ever
seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pymv4IEk6pk

making money william[_2_] Home Built 2 July 19th 07 11:53 PM
On making it difficult for everyone else Frank Whiteley Soaring 35 May 8th 07 05:52 PM
So, can we quit making believe the man can't fly? Marc Ramsey Soaring 10 March 10th 05 06:06 PM
VIDEO: Frecce Tricolore collides over Ramstein - a new head on video Montblack Piloting 1 February 12th 05 04:03 AM
Making your own canopy c hinds Home Built 6 November 22nd 04 09:10 AM