Inter Club Competition (US NE Node)

Old January 22nd 05, 04:21 PM
Ken Kochanski (KK)

Default Inter Club Competition (US NE Node)

The Governor's Cup is a season long soaring contest serving an area
including Eastern PA, Northern Delaware, Western NJ, and Southern NY.
The web site has history, rules, results, etc.
http://home.netcom.com/~pappa3/index.html

The highest scoring club, again this year, was Aero Club Albatross
operating out of Blairstown Airport in NJ. OK, I guess I understand
that ... Blairstown is a wonderful ridge/wave/thermal site and it has
attracted a large number of private owners. So, the ability to fly XC
in all conditions and the sheer number of flights racks up the club
points.

Anyway, I decided to go to the Governor's Cup Award Banquet last Fall,
and was having a pretty nice time until I looked at one of the place
setting souvenirs - a roll of while vinyl glider tape which was adorned
with a ceremonial Governor's Cup label. Very nice I thought ... until
I read the entire inscription.

2004 GOVERNOR'S CUP ... ACA HAS BALLS, PGC STALLS.

Now, what is this? What kind of message is this? Would a German Glider
club ever print "ACA HAT BALLE, PGC ABKIPPT"?

I don't think so. First, I'm sure my translation is wrong. Second,
and more importantly, it is just crude and in bad taste! But, I guess
I should have expected as much from the aluminum-recycling posers at
Blairstown. (There are so many empties coming off the field, the
county has put a very profitable recycling center at the approach end
of runway seven.)

OK guys, the gloves are off ... the roll of tape is going to have a
different message next year. The PGC and Valley Soaring XC pilots are
going to teach you bullies a lesson this season.

KK

Old January 22nd 05, 05:46 PM
Bill Thar

Hey Ken,

I like your spirit but the truth is that ACA sent out the second team to
wipe up the remnants of any competition. Isn't it a little embarrassing to
be put down by a lowly PW-5? If you push us we'll just bring out the big
guns....

G8
oups.com...