Girl Scouts and aviation??

Old March 22nd 05, 08:07 AM
Robert M. Gary

The EAA provides the 1 million smooth that BSA requires. I've done this
many times, EAA is very familar with working with BSA.

Girl Scouts are another story. No airplanes, no mater what (although
I'm not sure why my box of Girl Scout cookies shows a bunch of girls
sitting in a GA plane)

-Robert
BSA registered leader.

Old March 22nd 05, 08:09 AM
Robert M. Gary

Nothing severe in the BSA insurance restrictions. EAA provies the $1m
smooth insurance for you for $35/year. I do it all the time, no problem
with BSA. You just need to fill out both a BSA tour permit and a flight
permit and have it signed by council. YOu also need to provide
information such as medical,etc

-Robert
BSA registered leader and CFI

Old March 22nd 05, 08:12 AM
Robert M. Gary

When Boy Scout sell stuff its because they want to do cool stuff, like
go to Residence camp and shoot riffles, camp, do archery, etc
When Girl Scouts sell stuff its because they want to rent a hotel room
and stay up late telling stories.
I just don't understand Girl Scouts, but I guess I'm biased.

-Robert,
Registered BSA leader.

Old March 22nd 05, 02:19 PM
C J Campbell

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
oups.com...
Nothing severe in the BSA insurance restrictions. EAA provies the $1m
smooth insurance for you for $35/year. I do it all the time, no problem
with BSA. You just need to fill out both a BSA tour permit and a flight
permit and have it signed by council. YOu also need to provide
information such as medical,etc

So EAA has the required insurance? I had not been able to find it anywhere
else.

Old March 22nd 05, 02:58 PM
Newps

C J Campbell wrote:

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
oups.com...

Nothing severe in the BSA insurance restrictions. EAA provies the $1m
smooth insurance for you for $35/year. I do it all the time, no problem
with BSA. You just need to fill out both a BSA tour permit and a flight
permit and have it signed by council. YOu also need to provide
information such as medical,etc

So EAA has the required insurance? I had not been able to find it anywhere
else.

The insurance is provided as part of your yearly membership fee and is
in effect for young eagles flights only. You must belong to EAA to give
young eagles flights.

Old March 22nd 05, 04:37 PM
Blanche

Robert M. Gary wrote:
When Boy Scout sell stuff its because they want to do cool stuff, like
go to Residence camp and shoot riffles, camp, do archery, etc
When Girl Scouts sell stuff its because they want to rent a hotel room
and stay up late telling stories.
I just don't understand Girl Scouts, but I guess I'm biased.

I am pleased as punch that my one and only year in the Girl Scout
environment (as a Brownie) was a dismal failure. And I consider it
a mark of honor that I was tossed out of the troop.

And Mom was the troop leader!

Old March 22nd 05, 05:49 PM
Ross Richardson

Ron Natalie wrote:

Kyle Boatright wrote:

We've faced a similar problem with Boy Scouts. They are not allowed
to fly in EXPERIMENTAL aircraft. Makes it tough when the EAA chapter
is giving the rides, and huge surprise!! most of the aircraft are
Experimental. We've started telling Scout groups that their members
are welcome to come fly at Young Eagle events, but not to do it as
part of an official scout activity - i.e. no uniform, etc.

The Boy Sprouts also require a million dollars of liability insurance and
require you to disclose all sorts of stuff (carrier, etc...) prior to
allowing
you to fly them.

The school system here had a cow when Margy wanted to announce the YE
events
at her school.

Years ago our chapter decided not to fly Boy Scouts as a scout function
because of their rules. We tried to work with the local council and did
not win. We will fly scouts and for merit badges, but they come as
individuals out of uniform. BTW the $1M is covered by national EAA if
the pilot/owner has the mininum insurance.

Ross
Old March 22nd 05, 05:53 PM
Ross Richardson

Robert M. Gary wrote:

Nothing severe in the BSA insurance restrictions. EAA provies the $1m
smooth insurance for you for $35/year. I do it all the time, no problem
with BSA. You just need to fill out both a BSA tour permit and a flight
permit and have it signed by council. YOu also need to provide
information such as medical,etc

-Robert
BSA registered leader and CFI

But the hassel got so bad. The local council required copies of each
pilots, 1) license, 2, logbook, 3, medical, insurance, etc, etc. And all
of this had to be turned in several weeks in advanced. We really didn't
know who the pilots were going to be. Just too much trouble for a FREE ride.

--
Regards,

Ross

Old March 22nd 05, 08:07 PM
W P Dixon

ALL RIGHT BLANCHE!!!! You rock girl! I was alittle to dang ornary for the
boy scouts as well. I think I learned more playing war in the big woods than
I would have in the scouts. My buddies Dad was a Green Beret, and he taught
us boys all kinds of cool stuff!!!!

Patrick
student SPL
aircraft structural mech

Old March 22nd 05, 10:44 PM
Blueskies

"Ross Richardson" wrote in message ...
Robert M. Gary wrote:

Nothing severe in the BSA insurance restrictions. EAA provies the $1m
smooth insurance for you for $35/year. I do it all the time, no problem
with BSA. You just need to fill out both a BSA tour permit and a flight
permit and have it signed by council. YOu also need to provide
information such as medical,etc

-Robert
BSA registered leader and CFI

But the hassel got so bad. The local council required copies of each pilots, 1) license, 2, logbook, 3, medical,
insurance, etc, etc. And all of this had to be turned in several weeks in advanced. We really didn't know who the
pilots were going to be. Just too much trouble for a FREE ride.

--
Regards,

Ross

And it has to be a production FAA certified airplane...