King Nav Head

Old March 30th 05, 06:56 PM
RST Engineering

Default King Nav Head

About a month or more ago, I received a (free) Nav Head from a friend in
Marlborough MA. I'd like to publicly thank that person for their
generosity, but there was no name on the package.

I know it came from a post here in the ra* groups, but I can't google the
original document.

Any help?

Jim

Old March 30th 05, 08:09 PM
Aaron Coolidge

In rec.aviation.owning RST Engineering wrote:
: About a month or more ago, I received a (free) Nav Head from a friend in
: Marlborough MA. I'd like to publicly thank that person for their
: generosity, but there was no name on the package.

: I know it came from a post here in the ra* groups, but I can't google the
: original document.

: Any help?

You mean that I forgot to put my name on it? Whatta clown. Does it work?
--
Aaron Coolidge

Old March 30th 05, 08:49 PM
RST Engineering

We have a winner, Aaron Coolidge in Marlborough MA.

Many thanks for your generosity, Aaron. The head works just fine.

Jim

Old March 30th 05, 10:50 PM
Aaron Coolidge

In rec.aviation.owning RST Engineering wrote:
: We have a winner, Aaron Coolidge in Marlborough MA.

: Many thanks for your generosity, Aaron. The head works just fine.

: Jim

I take it that you're picking up the first one at Friar Tuck's?
--
Aaron Coolidge

Old March 30th 05, 11:31 PM
Darrel Toepfer

RST Engineering wrote:

About a month or more ago, I received a (free) Nav Head from a friend in
Marlborough MA. I'd like to publicly thank that person for their
generosity, but there was no name on the package.

I know it came from a post here in the ra* groups, but I can't google the
original document.

Any help?

Jim I resemble that remark, except for the "Marlborough MA" part,
you never responded to any requests if the KX170B radio and VOR
head I sent worked okay...

Old March 31st 05, 03:25 AM
RST Engineering

Well, it WASN'T a KX170 (but a KX175) and it WASN'T free, and it WAS in
....well used condition ...

but it DID work, and it DID work well, and I thank you for putting up with
the busslit that went on with the transaction.

Jim

Old March 31st 05, 03:37 AM
RST Engineering

Sure, if you drop it on the floor.

Jim

(Just kidding...I've actually never BEEN to Friar Tucks, but since we are
committed to the whole damned week in Oshkosh this year[*] we may just fall
by Tuck's some evening. I'd be proud to buy you one.)

[Gail wants to be at Honeck's pool party on the previous Saturday. I need
to be at the EAA Board Elections the subsequent Saturday -- running for the
Board, don'cha know. That makes a full week in Oshkosh. This is my 32nd
year in a row, and Gail has been about 13 of them. THere isn't a hell of a
lot we haven't seen, so we are always looking for something to do. Dancing
on the wing of Atlas is high on the list, unless you consider that I'm 230#
bare ass nekkid and the spar might just not take it {not to mention scaring
local small animals}. Friar Tuck's sounds like a delightful diversion.]

jw

Old March 31st 05, 03:56 AM
Darrel Toepfer

RST Engineering wrote:

Well, it WASN'T a KX170 (but a KX175) and it WASN'T free, and it WAS in
...well used condition ...

but it DID work, and it DID work well, and I thank you for putting up with
the busslit that went on with the transaction.

I never said anything about a "free" radio, but the head came somewhere
in that price range... G

Glad it worked out for ya...
Old March 31st 05, 01:45 PM
Dave Butler

RST Engineering wrote:

(Just kidding...I've actually never BEEN to Friar Tucks, but since we are
committed to the whole damned week in Oshkosh this year[*] we may just fall
by Tuck's some evening. I'd be proud to buy you one.)

You haven't missed much, in my estimation. Its only redeeming virtue is its
proximity to the hole-in-the-fence.

[Gail wants to be at Honeck's pool party on the previous Saturday. I need
to be at the EAA Board Elections the subsequent Saturday -- running for the
Board, don'cha know.

What's the process for getting you on the board, now that you are (I presume) on
the ballot? Who gets to vote? Should we be lobbying for you in some way?

Dave
Old March 31st 05, 07:47 PM
Mike in GR

"Dave Butler" wrote in message news:1112272984.475784@sj-nntpcache-5...
RST Engineering wrote:

You haven't missed much, in my estimation. Its only redeeming virtue is its proximity to the hole-in-the-fence.

SNIP

Dave

Well, that and the worlds best Reuben.

Mike Z