Merry Christmas to Everyone

Old December 27th 04, 09:27 PM
Matt Whiting

Dan Luke wrote:

"Matt Whiting" wrote:

I don't think the issue with atheists is being offended by a
religious expression, they are just jealous because others are happy and
they are miserable. :-)

It is precisely this kind of ignorant smugness that many non-Christians find
so offensive.

As a Jewish friend of mine put it, "I don't care if people want to celebrate
the birth of a blasphemer, but I do care if they try to ram his birthday down
my throat every year and expect me to be of good cheer."

I'm sorry you are too stupid to understand humor, even with the smiley
to making it glaringly obvious.

Matt

Old December 27th 04, 09:51 PM
Peter Duniho

"Jon Kraus" wrote in message
[more stuff snipped]

What Gary said.

Old December 27th 04, 09:55 PM

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 16:27:21 -0500, Matt Whiting
wrote:

Dan Luke wrote:

"Matt Whiting" wrote:

I don't think the issue with atheists is being offended by a
religious expression, they are just jealous because others are happy and
they are miserable. :-)

It is precisely this kind of ignorant smugness that many non-Christians find
so offensive.

As a Jewish friend of mine put it, "I don't care if people want to celebrate
the birth of a blasphemer, but I do care if they try to ram his birthday down
my throat every year and expect me to be of good cheer."

I'm sorry you are too stupid to understand humor, even with the smiley
to making it glaringly obvious.

Matt

When you find that you have to tell someone "this is funny", it
probably isn't.
Old December 27th 04, 09:55 PM
Mark Hickey

Matt Whiting wrote:

Dan Luke wrote:

"Matt Whiting" wrote:

I don't think the issue with atheists is being offended by a
religious expression, they are just jealous because others are happy and
they are miserable. :-)

It is precisely this kind of ignorant smugness that many non-Christians find
so offensive.

As a Jewish friend of mine put it, "I don't care if people want to celebrate
the birth of a blasphemer, but I do care if they try to ram his birthday down
my throat every year and expect me to be of good cheer."

I'm sorry you are too stupid to understand humor, even with the smiley
to making it glaringly obvious.

I guess he was just trying to reinforce the point you made... ;-)

Mark (ducking and running) Hickey
Old December 27th 04, 10:22 PM
Dan Luke

"Matt Whiting" wrote:
I'm sorry you are too stupid to understand humor, even with the smiley
to making it glaringly obvious.

I saw the smiley. It seemed to me feeble attempt to sugar coat the arrogance
of your position. Are you now saying you *don't* believe atheists are
naturally jealous and miserable because they don't believe your book?

BTW, is it "Christian" to call people stupid?
--
Dan
C-172RG at BFM

Old December 27th 04, 10:38 PM
Matt Whiting

Mark Hickey wrote:
Matt Whiting wrote:

Dan Luke wrote:

"Matt Whiting" wrote:

I don't think the issue with atheists is being offended by a
religious expression, they are just jealous because others are happy and
they are miserable. :-)

It is precisely this kind of ignorant smugness that many non-Christians find
so offensive.

As a Jewish friend of mine put it, "I don't care if people want to celebrate
the birth of a blasphemer, but I do care if they try to ram his birthday down
my throat every year and expect me to be of good cheer."

I'm sorry you are too stupid to understand humor, even with the smiley
to making it glaringly obvious.

I guess he was just trying to reinforce the point you made... ;-)

It does appear so, doesn't it? :-)

Matt

Old December 27th 04, 10:39 PM
Matt Whiting

Dan Luke wrote:

"Matt Whiting" wrote:

I'm sorry you are too stupid to understand humor, even with the smiley
to making it glaringly obvious.

I saw the smiley. It seemed to me feeble attempt to sugar coat the arrogance
of your position. Are you now saying you *don't* believe atheists are
naturally jealous and miserable because they don't believe your book?

I'm not an atheist and don't know any who profess that belief so I
really don't know. It was a joke. Get it yet?

BTW, is it "Christian" to call people stupid?

It is Christian to speak the truth.

Matt

Old December 27th 04, 11:15 PM
Jon Kraus

Everything I said is true and I stand by my statements. And yes Kwanza's
celebrants DID claim it was an African holiday. That is the bull****
part. If you are insulted by my opinion then too ****ing bad. :-) We can
agree to disgree.

Jon Kraus
PP-ASEL-IA
Student Mooney Owner

Gary Drescher wrote:
"Jon Kraus" wrote in message

I wouldn't call it a "tirade" at all, you did.

Uh, Jon, no one characterizes their own words as a tirade. But Pete's
characterization is accurate. You disparaged Kwanza as "made-up" (as though
any holiday could be other than made-up) and "phony" (because it's not a
native African celebration--even though its celebrants never claimed it
was!).

I don't believe in the "African-American"
bull****. 99% of black folks have never set foot in Africa and have long
been remove from relatives that are from Africa.

The term "African American" refers to black Americans of African ancestry.
It does not mean "people who have visited Africa, or who speak to their
relatives in Africa", contrary to your peculiar objection.

As with the holiday Kwanza, you take the term "African American" and
misrepresent its meaning in order to make it seem illegitimate. What
motivates you to do so?

Jon Kraus (an American not a German-American)

For many Xs, there are some Americans who prefer to call themselves X
Americans, some who prefer to call themselves Americans, and some who prefer
neither. Why is that difference so hard for you to understand or respect?
Why is it "bull****" for someone's preference to differ from yours in that
regard? Why do you feel the need to insult people for making a different
choice than you as to whether to put their ancestry on a par with their
nationality in their self-description?

--Gary

Old December 27th 04, 11:17 PM

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 17:39:13 -0500, Matt Whiting
wrote:

Dan Luke wrote:

"Matt Whiting" wrote:

I'm sorry you are too stupid to understand humor, even with the smiley
to making it glaringly obvious.

I saw the smiley. It seemed to me feeble attempt to sugar coat the arrogance
of your position. Are you now saying you *don't* believe atheists are
naturally jealous and miserable because they don't believe your book?

I'm not an atheist and don't know any who profess that belief so I
really don't know. It was a joke. Get it yet?

BTW, is it "Christian" to call people stupid?

It is Christian to speak the truth.

Matt

It seems to be "christian" to do whatever suits a "christian's" mood
and inclination at the time, and then create some convenient aphorism
to authorize and validate it.
Old December 27th 04, 11:57 PM
Bob Noel

In article , "Dan Luke"
wrote:

BTW, is it "Christian" to call people stupid?

probably not.

--
Bob Noel
looking for a sig the lawyers will like