Finally got to fly my new bird

Old August 18th 03, 05:42 PM
Wayne

I renamed the pic so it's easier do find now. Also did a zoom of the radios,
and the tach. You can clearly read the 997.24 but the needle covers up the 0
to I guess I'll have to get a different angle when I get a chence

I also renamed the pictures that show the power supplies for those radios,
they are huge and heavy.
Wayne
"Dennis O'Connor" wrote in message
Wayne, the picture of the panel is priceless...
All you new comers take a look at how it was done before flip flop rados,
moving maps, etc...

Denny

Have you looked at the project plane I've been
helping with yet? It's a 63 172 with less than 1000TT and has been

sitting
outside for 18 years! Take a peek. http://12.151.5.4/172

Wayne

Old August 22nd 03, 02:18 AM
Jay Honeck

Take a peek. http://12.151.5.4/172

Omigawd. That's a PROJECT, Wayne.

When did it last fly?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 22nd 03, 02:33 AM
Wayne

Yeah it is. Last flight was 1985! Got a couple new pictures today, will
add then ASAP. Learned sometime too, did you know that when all the weight
is off the front wheel, that it lockes in the straight position until it get
weight on it? I never realized it but it makes sense, otherwise during a
crosswind landing, the wheel would touch down crooked.

Wayne

Old August 22nd 03, 03:18 AM
Tom S.

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
Take a peek. http://12.151.5.4/172

Omigawd. That's a PROJECT, Wayne.

When did it last fly?

I can hear it now: "Get this propeller out of here so I can take a bath!!"
:~)

(With apologies to Jeff Foxworthy).

Old August 22nd 03, 04:07 AM
Bob Noel

In article yfe1b.220243$YN5.151637@sccrnsc01,
"Jay Honeck" wrote:

It's the old "Catch-22" -- the guy with the authority to ground your plane
is the same guy who benefits from grounding it.

This enticement makes it easy for an unscrupulous A&P -- probably someone
who's not making a lot of money, and with a family to feed -- to "bend" the
rules in his favor when he senses a newbie in his midst. For some, it's
like blood in shark-infested waters.

You new owners take heed -- bring a trusted old hand to your first annual,
if possible.

amen to that. btw - it's best to bring the trusted soul to each annual.

--
Bob Noel
Old August 22nd 03, 05:49 AM
Ben Jackson

In article ,
Wayne wrote:
Have you looked at the project plane I've been
helping with yet? It's a 63 172 with less than 1000TT and has been sitting
outside for 18 years! Take a peek. http://12.151.5.4/172

We should send that URL to anyone who is thinking of buying a "super
low total time!!!" plane from TAP.

--
Ben Jackson

http://www.ben.com/
Old August 22nd 03, 01:50 PM
Ray Andraka

Technically he can't ground the plane, but practically speaking he does. The
airplane is unairworthy if there are discrepancies. If the owner is made aware
of the discrepancies, and then flies the airplane he can easily be violated for
flying an aircraft that he knows to be unairworthy. Unless you have an
independent A&P available where the aircraft is, you are captive to the IA once
he starts the inspection.

Martin Kosina wrote:

One can also always use a different IA and A&P to remove the conflict
of interest. The IA cannot really "ground" the airplane, only perform
an inspection and make a log entry to that effect ("...list of
discrepancies given to owner", etc.), nothing more. You can then have
an A&P (or yourself, under supervision) correct the discrepancies to
return the aircraft to service.

Martin

--
--Ray Andraka, P.E.
401/884-7930 Fax 401/884-7950

-Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Old August 22nd 03, 04:11 PM
Dave Butler

Wayne wrote:
Not just a hawk. 150, 152, 180. I have had several instructors and none
every mentioned that before. How often do you get to have the nose sitting
in the air (such as when the engine is removed) and get to fiddle with it? I
doubt that most instructors know it at all let alone teach it. They don't
even teach whether the rods connect frm the rudder petals to the nosewheel
push, or pull.

I was told that almost all tricycle gerared planes are this way. Except
like the Grumman with their nosewheel (kind of like a castor wheel) that
turns very sharp. By design though, they straighten themselves.

Not Pipers, either. The nosewheel on Cherokees is connected to the rudder, so if
you touch down in a crosswind with some rudder in, you'd better neutralize the
rudder before the nosewheel touches down.

Remove SHIRT to reply directly.

Dave

Bush finally admits it! noname Military Aviation 1 August 6th 04 11:31 AM
Finally, some real solo IFR practice! Guy Elden Jr. Instrument Flight Rules 0 April 15th 04 03:55 AM
FS - Bird 43 Wattmeter element for Aviation repair Lou Aviation Marketplace 0 March 15th 04 01:27 AM
T Bird - ZackGSD Home Built 1 December 15th 03 01:47 PM
Bird control David Naugler Aviation Marketplace 7 September 22nd 03 03:40 PM