Zoom

Old May 2nd 05, 12:33 PM
ChuckSlusarczyk

In article , sleepy6
says...

You must have conviently missed those pictures of Chuck confronting
Zoom and then Zoom being escorted out of Sun N Fun that recently were
referenced on this list

Those don't count in jauns mind because it wrecks his premise that I never had a
face to face with zoom. Fact is I had quite a few .The year the zoom un-wanted
posters went up at SnF zoom was running around telling people (me included) that
the FBI had sent special agents to the show to investigate and that they had
latent fingerprints from the posters. And that who ever did it should confess
now and recieve a lesser penalty.

He asked me who I thought had done it. I said did you **** anybody off in the
last few years? Fact is there were a ton of people who could have done it.

In another face to face I told him he lied in his article on the Hawk where he
said he looped rolled and spun the Hawk . A group of about 5 or 6 of us watched
his entire flight and there were no loops, rolls and spins.Terry Fuller our test
pilot did in fact do some loops and wingovers that zoom saw in a previous
flight. He looked me square in the eye and said "If I wrote it I did it" .He
obviously believes his own BS. Just shows that jaun is wrong again....

Old May 2nd 05, 03:49 PM
Juan Jimenez

"John Ammeter" wrote in message

Your post has no relevance to what Chuck posted.

That's because you can't read. Not my problem.

The only way the "rest of the story" could be told was RAH
and the internet.

And yet ANN has exactly the opposite policy. Yeah, right.

Do you have any suggestions as to a better means to exposing
Jim Campbells past and current actions??

I have a better idea... why don't you get a life and find something positive
to do with your time rather than waste it throwing pebbles at the cinder
block wall? NOBODY listens to you or the RAH Gaggle that means anything in
the aviation news industry, John. N-O-B-O-D-Y. Get over it, get on with your
life and stop defending the indefensible.

Old May 2nd 05, 10:23 PM
sleepy6

In article eQnde.3343$aB.2874@lakeread03, says...

sleepy6 wrote:

In article ,

says...

"ChuckSlusarczyk" wrote in mess

ag

Granted there is some bashing in some of the posts but the point of

the

posts
is to instruct not bash for bashing sake.

ROFLMAO! Instruct what, that guilt by association is the standard in

his
country? Perhaps in your native Poland, but certainly not here. Or m

ay
be
you're just trying to prove that being dense is an excuse to do anyt

hi
ng you
want on Usenet? Or maybe you're just banging your head against the w

al
because it feels good when you stop. Who knows.

Only thru the Internet and RAH in particular did those of us who we

zoomed
have a voice.

And then again only because not one of you have the gonads to do it

in

person. Hide behind the keyboard and throw rocks. Such a positive
mentality...

Juan

You must have conviently missed those pictures of Chuck confronting
Zoom and then Zoom being escorted out of Sun N Fun that recently wer

referenced on this list

Obviously you misunderstood what those pictures actually represent. It

seems there was an expected civil disturbance at the local Hardee's an
the police went to SnF to ask zoom's advice where upon he offered to g
take charge of the situation. The fact that no such disturbance ensued

is proof that, once again, zoom is an indespensible asset to the commu
nity.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

That sounds like the version that would get reported in ANN

Old May 2nd 05, 11:09 PM
Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

sleepy6 wrote:

[...]

The truly frightening part is I learned how to write like that in the
Air Force.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old May 3rd 05, 02:40 AM
Stuart Fields

Chuck: Reading the list of the posters and some of their comments, it seems
that all of the instruction is going to the choir. It seems all agree with
your point of view except Juan Jimenez. It doesn't look like any kind of
open discussion, but if it makes the participants feel better, I guess
that's reason enough to continue. Although I would like to see the number
of T hangars that could be built with the energy and time spent.
BTW I've been aware of Campbell's reputation for some time and have no
reason to defend him.

"ChuckSlusarczyk" wrote in message
In article , Stuart & Kathryn Fields

says...

Well Chuck, I assume by your reply that something measurably positive is
being created by all of this bashing?

Granted there is some bashing in some of the posts but the point of the

posts
is to instruct not bash for bashing sake. It evident to me that you missed

the
point of the postings. Did you go to http://www.ousterhout.net/ to get

some
background before assuming that there was no positives to all this? Did

you do
any Google searches to get a feel for what this is all about or are you

just
playing newsgroup censor?

In my opinion zoom is a phony and thru the years he has damaged many

peoples
name ,reputation and livihoods, is this OK with you? I would hope not. I'm

sure
the 2 companies he just sued at SnF for non payment of unwanted ads wish

they
could have been informed before doing business with him. That's the

positve
message.

I wish there was as much creative
information about homebuilts here.

There is loads of homebuilt info here and from time to time a zoom thread

will
pop up, run a while and stop .No big deal. Maybe you don't realize that

most of
the people and companies zoom has hurt are deeply involved in the

homebuilt
field. People that he bullied into silence while he had his magazine where

he
controlled the content and never ran a letter to the editor from a lot of

us
defending our positions. His side was the only one heard for a long time.

Only thru the Internet and RAH in particular did those of us who were

zoomed
have a voice. I never knew that there were more then a couple of us who

had been
zoomed until I started posting my story on the net. Then the gates opened

and
the truth about zoom was opened to the light of day. The list of those who

have
been zoomed reads like a "Who's Who in homebuilt aviation" list.

If you look at the relative amount of
postings and the content, the name of the newsgroup might be better

called
"Bashing Practice 101"

Maybe from you seemingly uninformed perspective it may seem that way but I
respectfully disagree with your conclusions.

Chuck S RAH-14/1 ret

"zoom can fool most of the people some of the time ,some of the people

none of
the time& jaun all of the time" anon

Old May 3rd 05, 02:42 AM
Juan Jimenez

"Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired" wrote in message

Obviously you misunderstood what those pictures actually represent. It

seems there was an expected civil disturbance at the local Hardee's an
d the police went to SnF to ask zoom's advice where upon he offered to g
o take charge of the situation. The fact that no such disturbance ensued

is proof that, once again, zoom is an indespensible asset to the commu
nity.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

That sounds like the version that would get reported in ANN

The truly frightening part is I learned how to write like that in the Air
Force.

I can tell. They forgot to teach you how to use a spell checker.

Old May 3rd 05, 04:34 AM
Tim Ward

[...]

snip

What was the charge going to be? Felony satire?

Tim Ward

Old May 3rd 05, 01:05 PM
ChuckSlusarczyk

In article , Stuart Fields says...

Chuck: Reading the list of the posters and some of their comments, it seems
that all of the instruction is going to the choir. It seems all agree with
your point of view except Juan Jimenez.

Beside the people who do post there is a large group of folks who just lurk.
Some because of their jobs (aviation writers) who must be careful of
controversy so they don't post but they certainly read the posts. Usually I see
them at air shows and we discuss zoom among other things.I talked to Kevin
O'Brien from ANN this year and had a friendly ,as usual, discussion with him. I
also saw John Ballentyne from ANN who stopped at our booth to visit but I was in
the trailer working a deal so I couldn't say hi. There are things said that I,
out of courtesy to all the writers I know, wouldn't repeat in public.

You might be surprised to know how many writers zoom has zoomed :-)Most if not
all are aware of zoom and take a tar baby approach to him.

Others have written me private e mails stating they were not aware of zoom's
tactics and took him at face value until they saw the posts and went to John O's
zoom site.However they didn't want to get involved in a public forum.

Generally speaking the "choir" consists mainly of people who have been "zoomed"
at one time or another and have no fear in posting.

It doesn't look like any kind of
open discussion, but if it makes the participants feel better, I guess
that's reason enough to continue.

The purpose or at least my purpose in bringing up zoom from time to time is to
make people aware of what a phony he is and how he used his magazine to unfairly
malign people. Also to warn potential advertisers that zoom may do to them what
he has done for years ,that is to run unwanted ads and bill the companies .If
they don't pay he bullies them with threats of lawsuits and collection agency's.
There would be an open discussion if zoom would defend himself but he's in a non
defensible position .His toady jaun doesn't provide any logical arguments he
just name calls and makes irrelevant statements.

Although I would like to see the number
of T hangars that could be built with the energy and time spent.

Might make an interesting study . However the 5 mins I take to write a post
wouldn't get much done in the T hangar dept.LOL!! At that rate it would take me
about 10 years :-)

BTW I've been aware of Campbell's reputation for some time and have no
reason to defend him.

Which makes me all the more curious as to why you took me to task on this thread
and not jaun. jaun evidently approves of zooms tactics because he constantly
defends him. You say you have no reason to defend zoom but you took the side of
criticizing the thread. I suspect that you knew if you criticized jaun you'd be
blasted and called names by him. On the other hand you and I have had a dialog
that didn't involve name calling and was on a civil level even though we may
not entirely agree.I'd call that an "open discussion." :-)

See ya

Chuck S RAH-14/1 ret

"evil didn't prosper because good men spoke and evil was nuts" anon

Old May 4th 05, 03:42 AM
Otto

Juan Jimenez wrote:
"John Ammeter" wrote in message

Do you have any suggestions as to a better means to exposing
Jim Campbells past and current actions??

I have a better idea... why don't you get a life and find something

positive
to do with your time rather than waste it throwing pebbles at the

cinder
block wall? NOBODY listens to you or the RAH Gaggle that means

anything in
the aviation news industry, John. N-O-B-O-D-Y.

This is nice! Juan admits he is a nobody in aviation journalism!

Get over it, get on with your
life and stop defending the indefensible.

This could qualify as the official usenet definition for
Pot-Kettle-Black.

Otto

(my back hurts)

Old May 4th 05, 05:29 AM
Morgans

"ChuckSlusarczyk" wrote

Which makes me all the more curious as to why you took me to task on this

thread
and not jaun. jaun evidently approves of zooms tactics because he

constantly
defends him. You say you have no reason to defend zoom but you took the

side of
criticizing the thread. I suspect that you knew if you criticized jaun

you'd be
blasted and called names by him. On the other hand you and I have had a

dialog
that didn't involve name calling and was on a civil level even though we

may
not entirely agree.I'd call that an "open discussion." :-)

See ya

Chuck S RAH-14/1 ret

All good points. There are many, among the movers and shakers in the
aviation industry, that need to know the pitfalls of being zoomed. They
should continue to read and learn, and not ignore the zoom threads.

There are others, like myself, that are not among the movers and shakers
(for now - I might have an ace up my sleeve for a future day ;-)...), that
continue to read, just because.. it's good entertainment, or... or...
whatever!

There are others that care not of zoom, or yaun, and who feel that the zoom
threads are an annoyance to their enjoyment of this newsgroup. They should
use the zoom subject as a kill filter, and read not. That was the reason
for one of my posts in this thread; to tell Stuart to filter, and others,
that feel the need to complain, that don't want to learn and be warned.

Clear enough, everyone? :-)
--
Jim in NC

Zoom for Free Quilljar Simulators 2 January 17th 05 05:57 PM
new URL for the Captain Zoom web page John Ousterhout Home Built 20 August 23rd 04 02:11 AM
Zoom fables on ANN ZZZZZZZZZZZZ ChuckSlusarczyk Home Built 49 July 22nd 04 06:06 PM
Old Time RAH Zoom Warriors read this! Bill Berle Home Built 3 March 23rd 04 02:50 AM