Young Eagles + AvWeb

Old October 20th 05, 09:29 PM
Montblack

Default Young Eagles + AvWeb

AvWeb October 20th
http://www.avweb.com/eletter/archive...ll.html#190814
YOUNG EAGLES FLIGHTS CONTINUE AFTER FATALITIES...

"With 500,000 flights and 1.2 million kids safely flown as Young Eagles, we
think our safety procedures are pretty sound,"

That's more than 2 kids per flight.
A. That sucks if you're the kid stuck in back.
B. That number doesn't seem right.

If 200,000 flights have one kid, that leaves 300,000 flights for the
remaining 1 million kids.

I've seen maybe 40 Young Eagles take to the air at ANE (Anoka County -
Blaine, MN). All planes went up with one pilot, one kid.

Montblack

Old October 20th 05, 09:30 PM
pbc76049

A friend of mine flys a Partenavia and hauls
Young Eagles by the busload. The kids love it.

Old October 20th 05, 09:34 PM
Dave Stadt

"Montblack" wrote in message
AvWeb October 20th
http://www.avweb.com/eletter/archive...ll.html#190814
YOUNG EAGLES FLIGHTS CONTINUE AFTER FATALITIES...

"With 500,000 flights and 1.2 million kids safely flown as Young Eagles,

we
think our safety procedures are pretty sound,"

That's more than 2 kids per flight.
A. That sucks if you're the kid stuck in back.
B. That number doesn't seem right.

If 200,000 flights have one kid, that leaves 300,000 flights for the
remaining 1 million kids.

I've seen maybe 40 Young Eagles take to the air at ANE (Anoka County -
Blaine, MN). All planes went up with one pilot, one kid.

Montblack

I have seen hundreds of YE flights. Most have 1 or 3 kids. If it's a 4
place plane three kids pile in, if a 2 place 1 kid.

Old October 20th 05, 10:25 PM
George Patterson

Montblack wrote:

I've seen maybe 40 Young Eagles take to the air at ANE (Anoka County -
Blaine, MN). All planes went up with one pilot, one kid.

and on my flights, I typically carried three, sometimes two.

George Patterson
Drink is the curse of the land. It makes you quarrel with your neighbor.
It makes you shoot at your landlord. And it makes you miss him.
Old October 20th 05, 11:05 PM
Robert M. Gary

I usually do 3 at a time.

Old October 20th 05, 11:08 PM
Matt Whiting

Montblack wrote:

AvWeb October 20th
http://www.avweb.com/eletter/archive...ll.html#190814
YOUNG EAGLES FLIGHTS CONTINUE AFTER FATALITIES...

"With 500,000 flights and 1.2 million kids safely flown as Young Eagles,
we think our safety procedures are pretty sound,"

That's more than 2 kids per flight.
A. That sucks if you're the kid stuck in back.
B. That number doesn't seem right.

If 200,000 flights have one kid, that leaves 300,000 flights for the
remaining 1 million kids.

I've seen maybe 40 Young Eagles take to the air at ANE (Anoka County -
Blaine, MN). All planes went up with one pilot, one kid.

Montblack

Most of the young eagles flights I've seen around here have two or three
kids in the airplane.

Matt
Old October 20th 05, 11:43 PM
Ron Natalie

Montblack wrote:
AvWeb October 20th

]
That's more than 2 kids per flight.
A. That sucks if you're the kid stuck in back.
B. That number doesn't seem right.

I carry three usually. I put the oldest up front. I've not heard
any complaints yet.
Old October 21st 05, 12:39 AM
Gary Drescher

"Montblack" wrote in message
AvWeb October 20th
http://www.avweb.com/eletter/archive...ll.html#190814
YOUNG EAGLES FLIGHTS CONTINUE AFTER FATALITIES...

"With 500,000 flights and 1.2 million kids safely flown as Young Eagles,
we think our safety procedures are pretty sound,"

That's more than 2 kids per flight.
A. That sucks if you're the kid stuck in back.
B. That number doesn't seem right.

If 200,000 flights have one kid, that leaves 300,000 flights for the
remaining 1 million kids.

I've seen maybe 40 Young Eagles take to the air at ANE (Anoka County -
Blaine, MN). All planes went up with one pilot, one kid.

You haven't mentioned any reason to think the flights at ANE are
representative of the YE flights nationwide.

--Gary

Old October 21st 05, 02:57 AM
tony roberts

I fly 3 per flight

A. That sucks if you're the kid stuck in back.

It sucks a lot more if you're the kid on the ground who can't get a
flight. We routinely fly over 100 kids per YE day with 5 or 6 planes.
If we only take one per flight, a lot of those kids ain't flying.

Tony

--

Tony Roberts
PP-ASEL

Old October 21st 05, 04:48 AM
Bob Fry

"M" == Montblack writes:

M "With 500,000 flights and 1.2 million kids safely flown as
M Young Eagles, we think our safety procedures are pretty sound,"

M That's more than 2 kids per flight. A. That sucks if you're
M the kid stuck in back. B. That number doesn't seem right.

M If 200,000 flights have one kid, that leaves 300,000 flights
M for the remaining 1 million kids.

M I've seen maybe 40 Young Eagles take to the air at ANE (Anoka
M County - Blaine, MN). All planes went up with one pilot, one
M kid.

I would think it would suck too, but a lot of kids will only fly if
their parents or school chums go along with them.

I've flown flights of 3 kids in a C-172 and 1 kid in a Cub or my
Aircoupe...I much prefer the single pax. I get the kids who are a
little braver and a little more independent (sometimes a lot more) who
don't have a need for the support of their peers or superiors. I like
that.