Aztec Lower Cowl Mod STC

Old April 15th 06, 03:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Aztec Lower Cowl Mod STC

Ronnie, Kyler and other Aztec owners, if you are interested in the STC to
modify your lower engine cowls, keep reading. The mod cuts the bottom cowl
in front of the air box, then installs a row of cam locks for easy cowl
removal. No more lying on your back with feet and arms extended trying to
support the whole lower cowl while two other people remove the screws!
There are two versions of the STC available, the contact numbers are below.
I have the abbreviated plans and install instructions for one version, let
me know if you want the PDF file.

Aztec Nomad Inc. 1201 Gravenhurst Parkway, Gravenhurst, ON Canada P1P 1R1
Email Address: Phone705) 687-6696 Fax705) 645-3914

NTM Aviation, 3870 Davis Rd, McNeal, AZ 85617, USA | phone:520-642-9280 |
fax:520-642-9336
Contact us: about NTM Aviation

Jim

Old April 15th 06, 11:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Hi Jim,

I saw the ad for that the other day and sent an email to Aztec
Nomad, Inc to get some info. Sounds like a wonderful mod.
Seriously thinking about it for mine. Let me know how it works
for you. They also have a pilot door mod that would be nice to
have, but at $14,500 installed I'm going to have to think about
that one a bit more.

Ronnie

Old April 16th 06, 04:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Jim Burns wrote:
Ronnie, Kyler and other Aztec owners, if you are interested in the STC to
modify your lower engine cowls, keep reading. The mod cuts the bottom cowl
in front of the air box, then installs a row of cam locks for easy cowl
removal. No more lying on your back with feet and arms extended trying to
support the whole lower cowl while two other people remove the screws!
There are two versions of the STC available, the contact numbers are below.
I have the abbreviated plans and install instructions for one version, let
me know if you want the PDF file.

Aztec Nomad Inc. 1201 Gravenhurst Parkway, Gravenhurst, ON Canada P1P 1R1
Email Address: Phone705) 687-6696 Fax705) 645-3914

NTM Aviation, 3870 Davis Rd, McNeal, AZ 85617, USA | phone:520-642-9280 |
fax:520-642-9336
Contact us: about NTM Aviation

Jim

I have this STC on my Aztec, and it's wonderful. It had already been
done when I bought it, but it does make working on things quite a bit
easier. The problem I have (goes for the top cowl as well) is making
sure I get the right cam lock back in their proper locations. Because
my airframe is so old, there are a couple of spots where a longer cam
lock is used to keep things in shape.

--
Louis L. Perley III
N370 @ 48V

Old April 16th 06, 03:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Louis,
Would you happen to have any pictures? If so, perhaps you could post them
to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation. I'm finding pictures of the mod very
hard to come by.

Thanks,
Jim

"Louis L. Perley III" wrote in message
oups.com...

Stuck cowl flap cable Jim Burns Owning 7 March 24th 05 02:07 PM
Archer Cowl needs work - Advice? Bob Chilcoat Home Built 26 March 4th 05 02:26 AM
M14 Radial Cowl Parts Dan Horton Home Built 0 January 26th 05 05:18 PM
Mooney M20 Preflight and Cowl Jon Kraus Owning 3 November 24th 04 10:21 PM
FS: 182 Cowl Plugs, Pitot Cover, Sunscreens Robert Bullock Aviation Marketplace 0 May 25th 04 05:05 PM