2009 Proposed Sports Class Handicaps

Old February 13th 09, 10:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default 2009 Proposed Sports Class Handicaps

The 2009 proposed Sports Class Handicaps are now posted on the SSA
Website - http://www.ssa.org/myhome.asp?mbr=67...w=blog&id=1614.
Please submit comments prior to March 1, directly to me (this site
will not be monitored) at (include a
telephone number). If you are unable to access the SSA site, email me
and I will forward the file.

David Stevenson
Old February 14th 09, 04:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Feb 13, 5:07*pm, wrote:
The 2009 proposed Sports Class Handicaps are now posted on the SSA
Website *- *http://www.ssa.org/myhome.asp?mbr=67...w=blog&id=1614.
Please submit comments prior to March 1, directly to me (this site
will not be monitored) at (include a
telephone number). *If you are unable to access the SSA site, email me
and I will forward the file.

David Stevenson

David,
the link does not go anywhere. Can you please check and repost?
Thanks,
Uli
Old February 14th 09, 04:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

On Feb 13, 9:36*pm, wrote:
On Feb 13, 5:07*pm, wrote:

The 2009 proposed Sports Class Handicaps are now posted on the SSA
Website *- *http://www.ssa.org/myhome.asp?mbr=67...w=blog&id=1614.
Please submit comments prior to March 1, directly to me (this site
will not be monitored) at (include a
telephone number). *If you are unable to access the SSA site, email me
and I will forward the file.

David Stevenson

David,
the link does not go anywhere. Can you please check and repost?
Thanks,
Uli

The link works. Click on the word 'here' once on the page.

Frank
Old February 14th 09, 05:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

http://www.ssa.org/myhome.asp?mbr=6242029070
Old February 14th 09, 09:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
noel.wade

Argh!

Experienced DG-300 pilots, hear me out: Stop flying so well! I get
ready to enter my first contest this year, and what happens? They bump
the DG-300 up to the same handicap as the LS-4! :-P

When I bought my '300, everyone swore that the DG's "dont fly well in
races like the LS ships do" - or that the DG-300 "is a touring glider
while the LS-4 is the thoroughbred"... I was _counting_ on a softer
handicap to make my rookie contest debut look better; and now its been
ruined! Since I believe the folks making the handicaps base their
decisions on real-world data, the blame falls squarely on you DG-300
who did well the last couple of years... darn you! ;-)

Take care,

--Noel

Old February 14th 09, 03:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

On Feb 14, 2:03*am, "noel.wade" wrote:
Argh!

Experienced DG-300 pilots, hear me out: *Stop flying so well! *I get
ready to enter my first contest this year, and what happens? They bump
the DG-300 up to the same handicap as the LS-4! :-P

When I bought my '300, everyone swore that the DG's "dont fly well in
races like the LS ships do" - or that the DG-300 "is a touring glider
while the LS-4 is the thoroughbred"... *I was _counting_ on a softer
handicap to make my rookie contest debut look better; and now its been
ruined! *Since I believe the folks making the handicaps base their
decisions on real-world data, the blame falls squarely on you DG-300
who did well the last couple of years... darn you! ;-)

Take care,

--Noel

Germany and the UK both handicap the LS4 and DG300 the same.

Frank Whiteley
Old February 14th 09, 07:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kirk.stant

On Feb 14, 3:03*am, "noel.wade" wrote:
Argh!

Experienced DG-300 pilots, hear me out: *Stop flying so well! *I get
ready to enter my first contest this year, and what happens? They bump
the DG-300 up to the same handicap as the LS-4! :-P

When I bought my '300, everyone swore that the DG's "dont fly well in
races like the LS ships do" - or that the DG-300 "is a touring glider
while the LS-4 is the thoroughbred"... *I was _counting_ on a softer
handicap to make my rookie contest debut look better; and now its been
ruined! *Since I believe the folks making the handicaps base their
decisions on real-world data, the blame falls squarely on you DG-300
who did well the last couple of years... darn you! ;-)

Take care,

--Noel

Noel,

Just go to the contest and fly - don't even worry about the handicap!
Seriously, the differences are so small that a couple of extra turns
at the top of a thermal make more difference! It's all about the
pilot, not the glider.

Kirk
66
Old February 14th 09, 08:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
noel.wade

Apparently I need to plant my tongue in my cheek even _more_ firmly
next time... I thought y'all would notice that I already had it
skewed that direction; but I appreciate the well-intentioned replies
nonetheless. ;-)

--Noel

Old February 14th 09, 08:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Udo Rumpf[_2_]

At 19:20 14 February 2009, kirk.stant wrote:
On Feb 14, 3:03=A0am, "noel.wade" wrote:
Argh!

Experienced DG-300 pilots, hear me out: =A0Stop flying so well! =A0I

get
ready to enter my first contest this year, and what happens? They bump
the DG-300 up to the same handicap as the LS-4! :-P

When I bought my '300, everyone swore that the DG's "dont fly well

in
races like the LS ships do" - or that the DG-300 "is a touring

glider
while the LS-4 is the thoroughbred"... =A0I was _counting_ on a

softer
handicap to make my rookie contest debut look better; and now its been
ruined! =A0Since I believe the folks making the handicaps base their
decisions on real-world data, the blame falls squarely on you DG-300
who did well the last couple of years... darn you! ;-)

Take care,

--Noel

Noel,

Just go to the contest and fly - don't even worry about the handicap!
Seriously, the differences are so small that a couple of extra turns
at the top of a thermal make more difference! It's all about the
pilot, not the glider.

Kirk
66

Kirk,
Still, I do not understand why they have not put a list together
with a relative narrow range of handicaped gliders, now that they have the
first offical Club Class contest.
Udo
Old February 16th 09, 07:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kirk.stant

On Feb 14, 2:01*pm, "noel.wade" wrote:
Apparently I need to plant my tongue in my cheek even _more_ firmly
next time... *I thought y'all would notice that I already had it
skewed that direction; but I appreciate the well-intentioned replies
nonetheless. ;-)

--Noel

Just trying to be helpful ;^}

What contest are you going to?