Gasohol

Old May 31st 07, 01:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Blueskies

Default Gasohol

Is it true that there is no longer any requirement to label gasoline contaminated with alcohol?

Good article he http://motorcycleinfo.calsci.com/Gasoline.html

I just did the add water to gas test on a couple of local gas sources and all contain alcohol, and none of the pumps
said anything about it. The feds just dropped the requirement to label the pumps and we all missed it?

Jay, where do you fill the grape from and how do you know there is no evil alcohol in it?

Old May 31st 07, 05:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack

("Blueskies" wrote)
Jay, where do you fill the grape from and how do you know there is no evil
alcohol in it?

In the Twin Cities (St Paul / Mpls) the pumps with NO ethanol are marked
special. About 1 in 50 stations has such a pump - and it's usually 93
Premium ...Non-Oxy.

http://www.msra.com/NonOxygenatedFuel/Non-OxyFuel.htm

http://www.msra.com/NonOxygenatedFuel/Non%20Oxygenated%20Fuel%2006.01.07.pdf
Minnesota gas stations with Non-Oxy gas. That's the whole state!

Montblack

Old May 31st 07, 06:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
tony roberts

Is it true that there is no longer any requirement to label gasoline
contaminated with alcohol?

Worse.
I read that, starting in 2007, in some places, California and some
Canadian Provinces included, it is regulated that all gasoline sold must
contain at least 5% alcohol/ethanol.

Tony
--

Tony Roberts
PP-ASEL
Old May 31st 07, 09:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
mike regish

I'm pretty sure Mass. is already there. I don't know if there's a minimum,
but we've got 10% ethanol everywhere now.

mike

Old May 31st 07, 12:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
B A R R Y[_2_]

mike regish wrote:
I'm pretty sure Mass. is already there. I don't know if there's a minimum,
but we've got 10% ethanol everywhere now.

Same in CT.

I think most, if not all, of the Northeastern states sell the same
blend, no longer labeling the pumps for the 10% alchohol content.
Old May 31st 07, 01:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Dick[_1_]

How is the add water to gas test made ? Thanks

Old May 31st 07, 03:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Ron Wanttaja

On Thu, 31 May 2007 12:08:45 GMT, "Dick" wrote:

How is the add water to gas test made ? Thanks

See Page 4 of

http://www.eaa26.org/apr06.pdf

Ron Wanttaja
Old May 31st 07, 04:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Is it true that there is no longer any requirement to label gasoline contaminated with alcohol?

Haven't noticed any change, here in the heart of ethanol-land...

Jay, where do you fill the grape from and how do you know there is no evil alcohol in it?

We test each tank using the "alka-seltzer test". This involves
putting fuel in a cup that contains 1/3 tablet of alka-seltzer, and
observing the results.

If it fizzes, it's got water, ethanol, or both in it. It if doesn't,
it's pure gas.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old May 31st 07, 04:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
RST Engineering

I'm curious. I can understand a whole tablet, a half tablet, or a quarter
tablet. What is magic about a THIRD of a tablet?

Jim

Old May 31st 07, 05:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
clare at snyder.on.ca

On Thu, 31 May 2007 05:11:27 GMT, tony roberts
wrote:

Is it true that there is no longer any requirement to label gasoline
contaminated with alcohol?

Worse.
I read that, starting in 2007, in some places, California and some
Canadian Provinces included, it is regulated that all gasoline sold must
contain at least 5% alcohol/ethanol.

Tony

Here in Ontario I was told not all gasoline must have 5% alky, but 5%
of all fuel sold must be alky - so 50% of all fuel sold being E10
satisfies the requirement. In practice, virtually all 87 octane will
be e10. Premium 91 will (from some companies, at least) be E0, making
the blended 89 E5. Since significantly over half the gasoline sold in
Ontario is 87 octane, this would excede the requirements. - Just from
what I've been told, but you can never trust the elected idiots, or
worse yet the beurocrats

Gasohol Blueskies Piloting 240 July 6th 07 12:42 AM
How scary is gasohol? Charles Talleyrand Owning 27 March 1st 04 12:39 PM