Experimentals To Be Banned To Rural Airports?

Old August 29th 08, 12:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
T. \Tim\ Timothy Haag aka HyoogeUmp56[_3_]

Default Experimentals To Be Banned To Rural Airports?

http://www.avweb.com/eletter/archives/avflash/1199-full.html#198676
Old August 29th 08, 12:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

By definition, experimental aircraft have unknown characteristics. It makes
sense that you'd want to test them out away from heavily populated areas.
Boeing and other civilian and military manufacturers don't test out their new
designs at LAX.
Old August 29th 08, 12:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Steve Foley

"T. "Tim" Timothy Haag aka HyoogeUmp56" wrote in
message ...
http://www.avweb.com/eletter/archives/avflash/1199-full.html#198676

'Clark County Aviation Director Randy Walker said he thinks experimental
airplanes should be restricted to airports that are located in less densely
populated areas. "I think the regulatory process on airport systems need to
be revisited in the coming weeks. I am going to ask to meet with the members
of our congressional delegation to see if something can be done," he said at
a news conference. "I do not believe under our circumstances that
experimental and high-risk aircraft operations, such as training and solo
flights, belong in an urban airport," he said.'

Seems pretty short-sighted for an Aviation Director. I also think it's naive
for him to think that anything will be done "in the coming weeks".

Old August 29th 08, 12:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Scott[_7_]

T. "Tim" Timothy Haag aka HyoogeUmp56 wrote:
http://www.avweb.com/eletter/archives/avflash/1199-full.html#198676

Screw him (Randy Walker). Experimentals are issued airworthiness
certificates from the FAA just as are certified aircraft. If they
restrict experimentals from using the "public use" airports, they can
(and should) forfeit Ferderal funding. Has a certified airplane ever
crashed and killed an innocent on the ground? Nuff said.

Scott
(I fly both certified and experimental and have never so much as
scratched either type)
Old August 29th 08, 12:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting

In rec.aviation.owning Mxsmanic wrote:
By definition, experimental aircraft have unknown characteristics. It makes
sense that you'd want to test them out away from heavily populated areas.
Boeing and other civilian and military manufacturers don't test out their new
designs at LAX.

Uttern nonsense.

You haven't a clue what "experimental" means.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old August 29th 08, 12:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting

In rec.aviation.piloting Steve Foley wrote:
"T. "Tim" Timothy Haag aka HyoogeUmp56" wrote in
message ...
http://www.avweb.com/eletter/archives/avflash/1199-full.html#198676

'Clark County Aviation Director Randy Walker said he thinks experimental
airplanes should be restricted to airports that are located in less densely
populated areas. "I think the regulatory process on airport systems need to
be revisited in the coming weeks. I am going to ask to meet with the members
of our congressional delegation to see if something can be done," he said at
a news conference. "I do not believe under our circumstances that
experimental and high-risk aircraft operations, such as training and solo
flights, belong in an urban airport," he said.'

Seems pretty short-sighted for an Aviation Director. I also think it's naive
for him to think that anything will be done "in the coming weeks".

Must be election time in Clark County.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old August 29th 08, 01:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Mike[_22_]

"Scott" wrote in message
.. .
T. "Tim" Timothy Haag aka HyoogeUmp56 wrote:
http://www.avweb.com/eletter/archives/avflash/1199-full.html#198676

Screw him (Randy Walker). Experimentals are issued airworthiness
certificates from the FAA just as are certified aircraft. If they
restrict experimentals from using the "public use" airports, they can (and
should) forfeit Ferderal funding. Has a certified airplane ever crashed
and killed an innocent on the ground? Nuff said.

Scott
(I fly both certified and experimental and have never so much as scratched
either type)

The guy is either a politician or he works for one. When the public hears
"experimental" or "home-built", they hear "death trap" because the public at
large has an irrational fear of aviation to begin with. Also you have the
fact that the public at large perceives no impact to themselves by banning
such operations. Relatively small changes could be made to driving laws and
100 times more lives would be saved, but that would impact the public at
large so that ain't gonna happen. Nobody wants to give up their "right" to
drive with a cell phone, ignore speed limits, run stop lights, etc. even
though such activity puts other people at risk.

Old August 29th 08, 01:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Bob F.[_2_]

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
By definition, experimental aircraft have unknown characteristics. It
makes
sense that you'd want to test them out away from heavily populated areas.
Boeing and other civilian and military manufacturers don't test out their
new
designs at LAX.

First an "experimental" aircraft in aviation talk is just another
classification. The characteristics may be well known and just doesn't fit
into any other class.

Secondly, I have personally flown a number of experimental Boeing aircraft
into LAX when I worked for the flight test group there. I believe B747-100
s/n 1 is still classified as experimental. And I flew B401, 2 and 3 (the
first 3 747-400 designated a/c). They too were classified as experimental
and flew into a lot of large airports with heavy population.

--
Regards, Bob F.

Old August 29th 08, 01:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Mike[_22_]

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
By definition, experimental aircraft have unknown characteristics. It
makes
sense that you'd want to test them out away from heavily populated areas.
Boeing and other civilian and military manufacturers don't test out their
new
designs at LAX.

Experimental aircraft do not have "unknown characteristics" any more than
any other aircraft such as certified and military aircraft which are
routinely flight tested in heavily populated areas.

Old August 29th 08, 01:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Rich Ahrens[_2_]

on 8/28/2008 7:08 PM Bob F. said the following:
"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
By definition, experimental aircraft have unknown characteristics. It
makes
sense that you'd want to test them out away from heavily populated areas.
Boeing and other civilian and military manufacturers don't test out
their new
designs at LAX.

First an "experimental" aircraft in aviation talk is just another
classification. The characteristics may be well known and just doesn't
fit into any other class.

Secondly, I have personally flown a number of experimental Boeing
aircraft into LAX when I worked for the flight test group there. I
believe B747-100 s/n 1 is still classified as experimental. And I flew
B401, 2 and 3 (the first 3 747-400 designated a/c). They too were
classified as experimental and flew into a lot of large airports with
heavy population.

Another epic fail for Anthony...