BURN AMERICA BURN

Old October 25th 03, 06:45 PM
IO

Default BURN AMERICA BURN

http://edition.cnn.com/2003/US/West/...ire/index.html

Old October 25th 03, 07:14 PM
Ron

Subject: BURN AMERICA BURN
From: "IO"
Date: 10/25/2003 11:45 AM Mountain Daylight Time
http://edition.cnn.com/2003/US/West/...ire/index.html

I am sure you will be delighted to know that Italy is ordering new American
Skycrane helicopters for their own wildland firefighting operations.

Ron
Pilot/Wildland Firefighter

Old October 25th 03, 07:32 PM
Marc Reeve

IO wrote:

http://edition.cnn.com/2003/US/West/...ire/index.html

What has this to do with military aviation? (I don't think there are any
active bases near what's burning.) This is not unusual for Southern
California (or, indeed, Northern California) this time of year...

-Marc
--
Marc Reeve
actual email address after removal of 4s & spaces is
Old October 25th 03, 08:56 PM
av8r

Marc Reeve wrote:
IO wrote:

http://edition.cnn.com/2003/US/West/...ire/index.html

What has this to do with military aviation? (I don't think there are any
active bases near what's burning.) This is not unusual for Southern
California (or, indeed, Northern California) this time of year...

-Marc

Perhaps their are surplas military aircraft out there dropping fire
retardent.

Old October 25th 03, 09:05 PM
Ron

What has this to do with military aviation? (I don't think there are any
active bases near what's burning.) This is not unusual for Southern
California (or, indeed, Northern California) this time of year...

-Marc

Perhaps their are surplas military aircraft out there dropping fire
retardent.

I can assure you there are

Such as OV-10, S-2A, S-2T, UH-1 (or Bell civilian model), P-2V, possibly DC-4
or 6 also, Skycrane helicopters, etc

Old October 26th 03, 04:35 AM
Ron

Such as OV-10, S-2A, S-2T, UH-1 (or Bell civilian model), P-2V, possibly
DC-4
or 6 also, Skycrane helicopters, etc

A couple of O-2 (don't know if A or B) and a PB4Y-2 around here.

You sure? I thought CDF stopped flying O-2s years ago when they went to OV-10,
and that the PB4Y-2s were grounded....Actually I know the PB4Y-2s are grounded,
Hawkins and Powers has them up for sale...

Old October 26th 03, 09:16 AM
Ron

That would explain the OV-10 at Hollister. I just figured the O-2 was
back in the hangar, as normal. I don't get out much, lately.

and that the PB4Y-2s were grounded....Actually I know the PB4Y-2s are
grounded, Hawkins and Powers has them up for sale...

Didn't know they'd been grounded. Last time I saw one, it was working a
fire out from Santa Rosa, but that was a few years ago.

After the crashes last year, the C-130As and PB4Y-2s are not flying, at least
in the US.