Vietnamese Farmers go green - 01.jpg (1/1) [70K]

Old February 7th 10, 10:12 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.military,alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Netko

Default Vietnamese Farmers go green - 01.jpg (1/1) [70K]

Recycling aircraft in Bac Ninh Province, Vietnam.

Some sort of mental block (I assume) is making me wonder about the national
marking seen in this picture and the next. Can anyone unblock me?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	01.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	41316
Old February 7th 10, 10:37 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.military,alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
D. St-Sanvain

Hello,

Netko a écrit :
Recycling aircraft in Bac Ninh Province, Vietnam.

Some sort of mental block (I assume) is making me wonder about the national
marking seen in this picture and the next. Can anyone unblock me?

Don't worry, be happy :
http://cocardes.monde.online.fr/v2ht.../viet_nam.html

Bye

--
Bye,

--
D520
Light aviation : http://tagazous.free.fr

Old February 8th 10, 10:30 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.military,alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Netko

On Sun, 7 Feb 2010 22:37:52 +0000, D. St-Sanvain wrote
(in article ):

Some sort of mental block (I assume) is making me wonder about the national
marking seen in this picture and the next. Can anyone unblock me?

Don't worry, be happy :
http://cocardes.monde.online.fr/v2ht.../viet_nam.html

Here's my problem with that:

- the VPAF star is yellow on a red background;

- the star in pictures 1 and 2 is red with a yellow outline.

At least that's how it looks to me. Maybe my colour vision is shot or my
monitor is badly adjusted or weathering has changed the colours.

Old February 8th 10, 06:17 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.military,alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Steve Vernon

"Netko" wrote in message
x.com...
On Sun, 7 Feb 2010 22:37:52 +0000, D. St-Sanvain wrote
(in article ):

Some sort of mental block (I assume) is making me wonder about the
national
marking seen in this picture and the next. Can anyone unblock me?

Don't worry, be happy :
http://cocardes.monde.online.fr/v2ht.../viet_nam.html

Here's my problem with that:

- the VPAF star is yellow on a red background;

- the star in pictures 1 and 2 is red with a yellow outline.

At least that's how it looks to me. Maybe my colour vision is shot or my
monitor is badly adjusted or weathering has changed the colours.

or perhaps China:
http://cocardes.monde.online.fr/v2ht...ays/chine.html
who has a red star with yellow outline, but also has red side bars.
What they put on the fin as opposed to on the fuselage, is another question.

Old February 8th 10, 10:46 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.military,alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Netko

Default Vietnamese Farmers go green - J-8.jpg (1/1) [101K]

On Mon, 8 Feb 2010 18:17:00 +0000, Steve Vernon wrote
(in article ) :

or perhaps China:
http://cocardes.monde.online.fr/v2ht...ays/chine.html
who has a red star with yellow outline, but also has red side bars.
What they put on the fin as opposed to on the fuselage, is another question.

I thought of China but I couldn't convince myself.

From my observations (admittedly unsystematic), Chinese military aircraft
rarely seem to have tail markings. Occasionally you'll see a flag on
transport aircraft or maybe a serial number.

Having said that, Beijing's Aviation Museum has a J-8 and a J-8II which both
have the *full* national marking on the tail. I attach Max Smith's photo of
the former - note how the marking has weathered.

So, no, I don't think the marking shown in the pictures I found is Chinese.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	J-8.jpg
Views:	61