Do any of you recognize this missing person? He was perhaps a gliderenthusiast prior to 2003.

Old March 26th 20, 03:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Joseph Calash

Default Do any of you recognize this missing person? He was perhaps a gliderenthusiast prior to 2003.

In 2004 a man was found dead in the "Flat Tops" area of Garfield County Colorado. I've been trying to help find his identity. Here's a link to him.

https://www.namus.gov/UnidentifiedPersons/Case#/15487

The man left a hand written letter in a notebook with his last wishes written on it. Because the notebook was exposed to to the elements, the letter was largely indecipherable. I've worked a long time to decipher more of the letter and along with the legible parts, there is no doubt this dead man loved gliding.

Ive deduced that this "John Doe" is likely Mark Allen Husk. See his missing person info along with his picture with this link/

https://www.namus.gov/MissingPersons/Case#/2842/details

It was brought to my attention that you nice folks may be able to help me. I'd like you to take a look at Mark Allen Husk's picture and see if you recognize him, from the gliding community. If he looks familiar and he was a member of the gliding community then that would guarantee that Mark Allen Husk is Flat Tops John Doe. Take a look at both their profiles and please let me know.

Mark disappeared in 2003 so you have to recognize him from then. Thanks Joe
Old March 27th 20, 05:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AS

On Wednesday, March 25, 2020 at 10:19:22 PM UTC-4, Joseph Calash wrote:
[...]

Joe - this is indeed a sad story! If you do not get any results here, you should post to similar forums dedicated to Hang-Gliding or Para-Gliding to broaden your search.
Best of luck with this project.

Uli
'AS'
Old March 27th 20, 02:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
rudolph stutzmann

If you think he may have been a glider pilot, you could try contacting the Soaring Society of America, www.ssa.org. They may be able to tell if he was a registered member, which virtually all glider pilots are in the US. If they can find/pull up his info it may list if he was affiliated with a certain gliding club and you might be able to try contacting them???
Old March 27th 20, 06:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Joe,

A quick inquiry of the FAA airman registry puts Nark Allen Husk alive and well, flying drones in Florida as of 2018!

MARK ALLEN HUSK
FORT LAUDERDALE FL

ZB
Old March 28th 20, 01:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Joseph Calash

On Friday, March 27, 2020 at 1:54:26 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Joe,

A quick inquiry of the FAA airman registry puts Nark Allen Husk alive and well, flying drones in Florida as of 2018!

MARK ALLEN HUSK
FORT LAUDERDALE FL

ZB

That would be really wierd if that was him. My Mark would be 14 years older though

Old March 28th 20, 01:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

On Friday, March 27, 2020 at 6:10:53 PM UTC-6, Joseph Calash wrote:
[...]

There is no Mark Allen Husk in the SSA member data (~90,000 records) nor in the Soaring Magazine archive.

Frank Whiteley
SSA Director, Region 9
Old March 29th 20, 01:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Joseph Calash

On Friday, March 27, 2020 at 8:47:56 PM UTC-4, Frank Whiteley wrote:
[...]

Thank you very much.

Old March 29th 20, 03:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Stephen Szikora

I think we just helped the mob find a guy in the witness protection program.