Am I too old to fly?

Old December 13th 10, 12:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Philip Mellinger[_2_]

Default Am I too old to fly?

I was thinking about taking up flying, but
not sure if I'm too old. I'm 62. Is this a bad
idea or should I go for it?

---
Philip Mellinger
Old December 13th 10, 01:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
vaughn[_3_]

"Philip Mellinger" wrote in message
I was thinking about taking up flying, but
not sure if I'm too old. I'm 62. Is this a bad
idea or should I go for it?

It CAN make sense if you don't push anything and never add up your flight hours
(because you won't want to know). The fact is, it will take you a long time,
but you can still enjoy the flying and you can get great satisfaction from
mastering the basics. Think of it as "just going flying", only difference is
there will be a (probably young) instructor sitting in the right seat for longer
than normal. Don't worry, paying the instructor is the cheapest part of flight
training. When/if you finally progress to the point where you are safe to solo,
he/she will tell you, but never ask and never-never push.

Vaughn

Old December 13th 10, 03:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Terry

"Philip Mellinger" wrote in message
I was thinking about taking up flying, but
not sure if I'm too old. I'm 62. Is this a bad
idea or should I go for it?

---
Philip Mellinger

Hi Philip

Age 62 is not to old! Heck I'm a lot older and still flying.

Only thing I'd suggest is unless you are going to fly Light Sport,
go get your medical first. If you pass it, then go for it! If you
don't pass then you have not wasted your money even for the 1st few
hours of instruction and plane rental.

Just an opinion

Terry

Old December 13th 10, 05:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mark IV[_3_]

On Mon, 13 Dec 2010 04:39:51 -0800 (PST), Philip Mellinger wrote:

I was thinking about taking up flying, but
not sure if I'm too old. I'm 62. Is this a bad
idea or should I go for it?

---
Philip Mellinger

I am approaching your age Phil and have been
working on my license for 40 years. It is never
to late to obtain your license. The time is NOW.

Satan Unleashed, end times are here. Here we clearly see the exit
portal to Hell which has opened up in South America.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2010/06/100601-sinkhole-in-guatemala-2010-world-science/

This coorresponds with an alignment of the world against Jews, as they
try to eliminate the importation of more rockets used against them,
and,

of course, the complete annhilation of innocence in the Gulf of
Mexico, as beauty is coated with the filth of corporate oil, bringing
death to purity. I swoon at the thought.

Yes I know that isn't South America but I'm so ****ing cool. I mean,
Mark recently made 82 thousand dollars in one day. Did I mention how
beautiful all my new porcelin crowns look? Yeah, just like Hollywood.
I'm convinced my new white smile is playing a part in keeping my new
19 year old girlfriend mesmerized. Or maybe it's just all this
enthusiastic confident energy I'm exuding. What young beauty wouldn't
**** a tall, muscular, rich pilot-musician.

Get licensed.
--
https://twitter.com/CorruptNutsac
http://gayincarolina.jottit.com/my_main_squeeze
Old December 13th 10, 05:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ari Silverstein

On Mon, 13 Dec 2010 04:39:51 -0800 (PST), Philip Mellinger wrote:

Hi Mark(ie), trolling again?

*LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL* ****ing idiot.
--
A fireside chat not with Ari!
http://tr.im/holj
Old December 13th 10, 05:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Phil

On Mon, 13 Dec 2010 04:39:51 -0800 (PST), Philip Mellinger wrote:

I was thinking about taking up flying, but
not sure if I'm too old. I'm 62. Is this a bad
idea or should I go for it?

---
Philip Mellinger

Good to hear from another Phil. I cannot assist. I leavce the flying
to those with caps and bars and pretty suits.

Phil
Old December 13th 10, 05:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ari Silverstein

On Mon, 13 Dec 2010 12:18:28 -0500, Phil wrote:

On Mon, 13 Dec 2010 04:39:51 -0800 (PST), Philip Mellinger wrote:

I was thinking about taking up flying, but
not sure if I'm too old. I'm 62. Is this a bad
idea or should I go for it?

---
Philip Mellinger

Good to hear from another Phil. I cannot assist. I leavce the flying
to those with caps and bars and pretty suits.

Phil

Mark(ie)/Mellinger has a pretty suit. He saves it for the little
children. Show and Don't Tell, you know.
--
A fireside chat not with Ari!
http://tr.im/holj
Old December 13th 10, 07:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ari Silverstein

On Mon, 13 Dec 2010 12:15:51 -0500, Mark IV wrote:

On Mon, 13 Dec 2010 04:39:51 -0800 (PST), Philip Mellinger wrote:

I was thinking about taking up flying, but
not sure if I'm too old. I'm 62. Is this a bad
idea or should I go for it?

---
Philip Mellinger

I am approaching your age Phil and have been
working on my license for 40 years. It is never
to late to obtain your license. The time is NOW.

In another 40 you might obtain your cert, you will only be 56
Mark(ie).

*har*

Satan Unleashed, end times are here. Here we clearly see the exit
portal to Hell which has opened up in South America.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2010/06/100601-sinkhole-in-guatemala-2010-world-science/

This coorresponds with an alignment of the world against Jews, as they
try to eliminate the importation of more rockets used against them,
and,

Stupid Jews, don't like to get massacred. How trite of them.

of course, the complete annhilation of innocence in the Gulf of
Mexico, as beauty is coated with the filth of corporate oil, bringing
death to purity. I swoon at the thought.

Swoon less. Since I can see the GoM out my window, and you can't see
anything except the end of your dick in Hickville, S.C., you are, as
usual, full of ****.

Yes I know that isn't South America but I'm so ****ing cool. I mean,
Mark recently made 82 thousand dollars in one day.

Whereupon you invested in a solar panel company, lost all of it in
less than a week, and got booted by your partners back to Hickville.

*O the irony LOL*

Did I mention how beautiful all my new porcelin crowns look? Yeah,
just like Hollywood. I'm convinced my new white smile is playing a
part in keeping my new 19 year old girlfriend mesmerized.

Oooh datin up the age scale, eh?

Or maybe it's just all this enthusiastic confident energy I'm
exuding. What young beauty wouldn't **** a tall, muscular, rich
pilot-musician.

None probably but what has that to do with you, a squatty, clinically
obese, welfare-doling, pilot wannabe like you?

Get licensed.

Get ****ed.

*LOL*
--
A fireside chat not with Ari!
http://tr.im/holj
Old December 13th 10, 07:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mark IV[_3_]

On Mon, 13 Dec 2010 12:17:12 -0500, Ari Silverstein wrote:

On Mon, 13 Dec 2010 04:39:51 -0800 (PST), Philip Mellinger wrote:

Hi Mark(ie), trolling again?

*LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL* ****ing idiot.

While I have no idea what the hell I am
babbling on about with myself, as I pretend
to be arguing with "me", I'm sensing by my
frequent misspelling, my obsessive/compulsion,
and childishness... that I am a disabled alcoholic
with a cheap laptop and a crippled self-esteem.
Thus the pilot fantasies, cruise ship director
fantasies, sports car fantasies, etc.

I'm thinking public housing soon before they
take my Mom's trailer.

Mark IV
Old December 13th 10, 08:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
george

On Dec 14, 2:34*am, "vaughn" wrote:

It CAN make sense if you don't push anything and never add up your flight hours
(because you won't want to know). *The fact is, it will take you a long time,
but you can still enjoy the flying and you can get great satisfaction from
mastering the basics. * Think of it as "just going flying", only difference is
there will be a (probably young) instructor sitting in the right seat for longer
than normal. *Don't worry, paying the instructor is the cheapest part of flight
training. *When/if you finally progress to the point where you are safe to solo,
he/she will tell you, but never ask and never-never push.

Friend of mine is an ag pilot at 75.
The original poster shouldn't have any more problems flying, going
solo, doing the training and getting a PPL than any-one younger.