TSA - another indignity for permanent residents

Old September 26th 04, 01:47 AM
Marco Rispoli

"Andrew Gideon" wrote in message
online.com...

I wonder if it's worth
contacting Larry - the fellow behind Surface Winds - in hopes of an

article
on the matter.

- Andrew

I'm all ears. Who's this Larry?

I am ready to fight this to the very end.

I am eligible to become a citizen within 6 months to a year so this is
almost a non-issue for me. It's a matter of principle though.

They are stiflying GA. They are starting with Permanent Residents but think
about that: who's next? People that have bad driving records? People older
than 60 years of age?

All you need is a couple of "coincidental" accidents involving a particular
group of pilots and they'll impose regulations to stop them.

They are taking aside the "minorities" inside GA, one by one, and eroding us
one at the time .

That's the way I see it.

--
Marco Rispoli - NJ, USA / PP-ASEL
My on-line aviation community - http://www.thepilotlounge.com

Old September 26th 04, 10:13 AM
Martin Hotze

On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 00:47:53 GMT, Marco Rispoli wrote:

I am eligible to become a citizen within 6 months to a year so this is
almost a non-issue for me. It's a matter of principle though.

hm, I would ask the question if I want to be a citizen within such an
environment. Because *then* it is *your* government doing these things.

It is just changing the side of the fence.

aviation content: IMHO these actions all affect the aviation business and
hurts economically. How many FBOs went bankrupt after 9/11? How many will
follow? How much many stays outside of the country because of the bad
climate?
Hm, this is r.a.p: are there any such things in Canada? Maybe I should plan
my next holiday there?

#m

--
Somehow, some way, the Left trash talks "multi-national corporations" and
"big corporations" as if they were messengers of evil, when, in fact,
Old September 26th 04, 06:50 PM
Andrew Gideon

Marco Rispoli wrote:

"Andrew Gideon" wrote in message
online.com...

I wonder if it's worth
contacting Larry - the fellow behind Surface Winds - in hopes of an

article
on the matter.

- Andrew

I'm all ears. Who's this Larry?

The editor of "Surface Winds". He's also active in Chapter 73 of the EAA,
but I don't know the details.

[...]
They are stiflying GA.

Well, we're inconvenient to them. We're outside the system that is their
reason for being. To prove that they are needed, there must be nothing
outside their system.

Then there are bozos like that Weiner fellow from NY that act out of simple
ignorance and a failure to recognize that ignorance and wisdom are not
equal.

- Andrew

Old September 27th 04, 12:30 AM
David Brooks

I just submitted my comments to be reviewed and posted. There's a copy at
http://www.msnusers.com/davidbrooks/...comments%2Ehtm

-- David Brooks

"David Brooks" wrote in message
I've lived in this country for many years, paid my taxes, been a
schoolteacher and a Scout leader, and now this:

http://dms.dot.gov/search/searchResu...hTy pe=docket.
The restrictions recently placed on 12500 training is being extended to

all
aircraft. TSA claims that Congress mandated it, and maybe we were all

asleep
when that happened. The rule is already in effect; the documentation and
security training requirements kick in Oct 20.
(blah blah)