Mystery instrument panel - was: Help please

Old April 6th 10, 02:24 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Mike Mackenzie

Default Mystery instrument panel - was: Help please

I'm posting this again because it has still not been identified. Could
this be the first aviation item to baffle the gurus in this NG??

From the previous thread I think we would have to agree that it is
not a glider, or a relatively high performance fighter type of that
era, or a chopper (wrong instruments). Also, I think it would have
to be single pilot and probably single engine. I know it is not a
Link Trainer - were there any other "simulators" around then? The
instruments are of American manufacture and they were last overhauled
by Kingsford Smith Aviation, Bankstown (Sydney, NSW) in 1969.

Any further ideas?

--
Mike Mackenzie (AVCOM Services)
Brisbane, AUSTRALIA

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Instrument panel.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	42013
Old April 6th 10, 07:44 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Ronald de Bruin

Mike Mackenzie schrieb:
I'm posting this again because it has still not been identified. Could
this be the first aviation item to baffle the gurus in this NG??

From the previous thread I think we would have to agree that it is
not a glider, or a relatively high performance fighter type of that
era, or a chopper (wrong instruments). Also, I think it would have
to be single pilot and probably single engine. I know it is not a
Link Trainer - were there any other "simulators" around then? The
instruments are of American manufacture and they were last overhauled
by Kingsford Smith Aviation, Bankstown (Sydney, NSW) in 1969.

Any further ideas?

Hi there. I think its not an original part of an aircraft.
To me it looks like something what has been made in a workshop, a hangar
or so. Watch the space between the compass and te empty hole. It's
different to the other side between compass and the other instrument.
(never seen such inst.) No manufacturer sells parts made like this.
The airspeed goes up to 300 mph or nautic miles. Thats fast.
The vario ends at 2000 ft/min. every Cessna150 does this.
With other words it does not fit together and the panelboard has been
homemade to my opinion. The turn and bank indicator looks like an
instrument made by 'Schwien' (thats the manufacturer).
They made that in the middle or late 40th. These were used for
Cessna140, Ercupe and others like this.

No more ideas. Ronald
Old April 7th 10, 06:20 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Mike Mackenzie

Ronald de Bruin wrote (in part):

Mike Mackenzie schrieb:
I'm posting this again because it has still not been identified. Could
this be the first aviation item to baffle the gurus in this NG??

From the previous thread I think we would have to agree that it is
not a glider, or a relatively high performance fighter type of that
era, or a chopper (wrong instruments). Also, I think it would have
to be single pilot and probably single engine. I know it is not a
Link Trainer - were there any other "simulators" around then? The
instruments are of American manufacture and they were last overhauled
by Kingsford Smith Aviation, Bankstown (Sydney, NSW) in 1969.

Any further ideas?

Hi there. I think its not an original part of an aircraft.
To me it looks like something what has been made in a workshop, a hangar
or so. Watch the space between the compass and te empty hole. It's
different to the other side between compass and the other instrument.
(never seen such inst.) No manufacturer sells parts made like this.

Thanks Ronald - I didn't notice that. Perhaps it was a 'homebuilt'
made around 1969 (when the instruments were last serviced). It might
have come to grief, or just been disused for many years, and someone
eventually salvaged the usable parts (including this panel) and put
them away - then forgot about them.

The airspeed goes up to 300 mph or nautic miles. Thats fast.
The vario ends at 2000 ft/min. every Cessna150 does this.
With other words it does not fit together and the panelboard has been
homemade to my opinion. The turn and bank indicator looks like an
instrument made by 'Schwien' (thats the manufacturer).
They made that in the middle or late 40th. These were used for
Cessna140, Ercupe and others like this.

No more ideas. Ronald

Anyone else?

Old April 7th 10, 04:10 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation

In article ,
Mike Mackenzie wrote:

I'm posting this again because it has still not been identified. Could
this be the first aviation item to baffle the gurus in this NG??

From the previous thread I think we would have to agree that it is
not a glider, or a relatively high performance fighter type of that
era, or a chopper (wrong instruments). Also, I think it would have
to be single pilot and probably single engine. I know it is not a
Link Trainer - were there any other "simulators" around then? The
instruments are of American manufacture and they were last overhauled
by Kingsford Smith Aviation, Bankstown (Sydney, NSW) in 1969.

Any further ideas?

The airspeed goes to 300, say mph, but the altimeter only to 2000 feet?
Old April 9th 10, 06:45 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
christophe Feyen

In article ,
Mike Mackenzie wrote:

I'm posting this again because it has still not been identified. Could
this be the first aviation item to baffle the gurus in this NG??

From the previous thread I think we would have to agree that it is
not a glider, or a relatively high performance fighter type of that
era, or a chopper (wrong instruments). Also, I think it would have
to be single pilot and probably single engine. I know it is not a
Link Trainer - were there any other "simulators" around then? The
instruments are of American manufacture and they were last overhauled
by Kingsford Smith Aviation, Bankstown (Sydney, NSW) in 1969.

Any further ideas?

Hi, I think I have more or less the same compas here....
Bendix Aviation Corporation
Pioneer Instrument Division
Bendix New Jersey, USA
Order No AC-26968 ( or 3)

My father told me that it came out of an old DC3 in the late 60's..
Kind regards
Christophe F

ASW-20 Mystery Instrument jcarlyle Soaring 2 March 28th 10 08:57 PM
PIK-20D Instrument panel Solo Soaring 5 February 15th 09 06:50 PM
Instrument Panel ccwillwerth Home Built 7 February 9th 06 02:15 PM
DG-300 instrument panel [email protected] Soaring 14 January 29th 06 02:48 PM
LS 6 b instrument panel John Brenann Soaring 4 November 19th 05 04:37 AM