ASG-29 w&b data

Old March 9th 12, 04:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2NO

Default ASG-29 w&b data

I don't have access to my manuals. If anyone has a soft copy of the page with the W&B slope data or can email me the details thereon I would be most grateful.

And back in the air sooner

ted/2NO
Old March 9th 12, 05:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Peter von Tresckow

The TCDS has most of the info you're looking for I think.

http://easa.europa.eu/certification/...2-20022008.pdf

Peter

Old March 9th 12, 05:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2NO

Thanks but I can't find it there. I'm looking for the required fuselage slope data for W&B -- the tail has to be propped up a specific height above ground.
Old March 9th 12, 05:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall

On Mar 9, 9:08*am, 2NO wrote:

Thanks but I can't find it there. I'm looking for the required
fuselage slope data for W&B -- the tail has to be propped
up a specific height above ground.

The document that Peter linked contains the following verbiage:

Leveling means: slope 1000 : 52 placed on upper side of fuselage
boom horizontal...

Is that not the information you seek? According to that, a meter stick
with one end raised 5.2mm yields the correct attitude.

Thanks, Bob K.
Old March 9th 12, 05:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Peter von Tresckow

"2NO" wrote in message
Thanks but I can't find it there. I'm looking for the required fuselage
slope data for W&B -- the tail has to be propped up a specific height
above ground.

It's kind of badly translated Germish. In section 10 :-)

"Leveling means: slope 1000 : 52 placed on upper side of fuselage boom
horizontal"

Teh template needs to ne 1m long anf the far end needs to be 52mm tall.
Level to the top of the template.

Peter

Old March 9th 12, 05:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall

On Mar 9, 9:26*am, Bob Kuykendall wrote:

Is that not the information you seek? According to that, a meter stick
with one end raised 5.2mm yields the correct attitude.

Disregard the previous. I think Peter has it right: 52mm high (5.2
cm), _not_ 5.2mm. My apologies for the confusion.

Thanks, Bob K.
Old March 9th 12, 05:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2NO

I got what I needed. Many thanks to all who responded!
Old March 11th 12, 04:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paulus[_2_]

On Mar 9, 1:57*pm, 2NO wrote:
I got what I needed. Many thanks to all who responded!

Ted;

Caution....The link provided by Peter v T. is for the ASW-27, not for
the ASG-29 as you requested.

Info provided on this site is often worth exactly what you pay for
it.

Cheers;;;Paul

Old March 11th 12, 04:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

On Mar 11, 11:00*am, Paulus wrote:
On Mar 9, 1:57*pm, 2NO wrote:

I got what I needed. Many thanks to all who responded!

Ted;

Caution....The link provided by Peter v T. is for the ASW-27, *not for
the ASG-29 as you requested.

Info provided on this site is often worth exactly what you pay for
it.

Cheers;;;Paul

My understanding is the ASG-29 is certified as an "ASW 27-18" and is
therefore included on the ASW 27 type certificate in europe.
Old March 12th 12, 12:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Michael Clarke[_2_]

At 16:52 11 March 2012, Tony wrote:
On Mar 11, 11:00=A0am, Paulus wrote:

Ted;

Caution....The link provided by Peter v T. is for the ASW-27, =A0not

for
the ASG-29 as you requested.

Info provided on this site is often worth exactly what you pay for
it.

Cheers;;;Paul

My understanding is the ASG-29 is certified as an "ASW 27-18" and is
therefore included on the ASW 27 type certificate in europe.

Tony

Absolutely right.

Paulus - I give you the following information for free:

The type certificate says:

For variants:
ASW 27
ASW 27-18
ASW 27-18 E

And an ASW 27-18 E is otherwise know as an ASG 29 E

From the ASG 29 E Flight Manual:

1.6 Why “ASW 27-18” and not “ASG 29” on manuals and
placards
This sailplane model clearly derives from the ASW 27. Well-proven features
were taken over and details with potential for improvement were
reconsidered. Nevertheless AS decided to announce her, and publicly refer
to her as ASG 29(E). This has two reasons:
The whole glider has been searched for aspects worth improving. And it
prevents confusion: a 29 with 15m tips and a 27 can clearly be
distinguished with the denomination.

On the other hand, we decided to bring this model on the same type
certificate as the ASW 27, to not further increase the number of type
certificates hold by AS. There has to be a reference from the designation
to the type certificate, thus the denomination when referring to
authorities is ‘ASW 27-18’.

And just to be clear, the Maintenance Manual figure 6.2.1 also gives the
required slope as 1000:52.

Mike
ASG 29 E MC