Blanik L-13 AD

Old December 4th 07, 07:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Blanik L-13 AD

There is a new AD on all models and all serial #'s of Blanik L-13's.
It will take effect on Jan. 08, 2008 and the compliance period is
three months from that date. Check Docket No. FAA-2007-28980
Directorate Identifier 2007-CE-071-AD; Amendment 39-15282; AD
2007-25-01

You may examine the AD docket on the Internet at:

Http://www.regulations.gov

Tom
Idaho
Old December 4th 07, 12:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Burt Compton - Marfa

Blanik L-13 AD for Repetitive Inspection. AD effective JAN 2008.

(FAA) . . . issued a notice of proposed rulemaking (NPRM) to amend
14 CFR
part 39 to include an AD that would apply to the specified products.
That NPRM was published in the Federal Register on October 4, 2007
(72
FR 56700). That NPRM proposed to correct an unsafe condition for the
specified products. The MCAI states:

This Airworthiness Directive (AD) is prompted by the discovery
of cracks on L13 BLANIK sailplanes in zones where the forward and
aft control sticks are attached to the connecting rod, designated as
``control bridge'' in the relevant Illustrated Parts Catalogues
(IPC). If left uncorrected, cracks could propagate and lead to
failure of the connecting rod with subsequent loss of control of the
sailplane.

For the reasons described above, this AD requires an inspection
of the control bridge to detect cracks and replacement, if
necessary. In addition, this AD requires an update of the aircraft
Maintenance Manual (MM) to incorporate repetitive inspections of the
control bridge.

Old January 12th 08, 01:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
David Laitinen

Does anyone have a copy of the service bulletin that is referenced in this
AD? It is bulletin L13/105a, I have found references to it on the LET site
but not the actual bulletin. I'll be sending a request to Vitek (Blanik
America) as well.

Thanks,
Dave

Old February 1st 08, 12:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Taylor

On Jan 11, 6:12 pm, "David Laitinen" wrote:
Does anyone have a copy of the service bulletin that is referenced in this
AD? It is bulletinL13/105a, I have found references to it on the LET site
but not the actual bulletin. I'll be sending a request to Vitek (Blanik
America) as well.

Thanks,
Dave

Has anyone received this Bulletin? Can you send a copy please.
Blanik America has not posted one yet and not available form the LET
website.

Old February 2nd 08, 03:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Taylor

"Tim Taylor" wrote in message

On Jan 11, 6:12 pm, "David Laitinen" wrote:
Does anyone have a copy of the service bulletin that is referenced in
this
AD? It is bulletinL13/105a, I have found references to it on the LET
site
but not the actual bulletin. I'll be sending a request to Vitek (Blanik
America) as well.

Thanks,
Dave

Has anyone received this Bulletin? Can you send a copy please.
Blanik America has not posted one yet and not available form the LET
website.

Daid,

I heard form the US rep last night.

I find it offensive that a company would charge for an electronic
version of a service bulletin to fix their design flaw in their
glider.

I will not support a company or their representative that take that
approach with customers.

From those I have heard from many others in the soaring community are
very offended by the US representative and LET. This is a very poor
business decision.

Tim

Old February 2nd 08, 05:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

"Tim Taylor" wrote in message

[...]

From those I have heard from many others in the soaring community are
very offended by the US representative and LET. This is a very poor
business decision.

Tim

Tim - welcome to aviation.

Airframe and Engine manufacturers have been sticking the customers
with the bills for their screwups for years.
Old February 3rd 08, 08:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
nimbus

"Tim Taylor" wrote in message

[...]

From those I have heard from many others in the soaring community are
very offended by the US representative and LET. This is a very poor
business decision.

Tim

Tim - welcome to aviation.

Airframe and Engine manufacturers have been sticking the customers
with the bills for their screwups for years.

I have this bulletin under electronic format. Send a MP to me for
receiving it free of charge. :-)
Bruno
(an european pilot)

Blanik L-23 BDS[_2_] Soaring 7 June 27th 07 03:35 PM
Blanik L-13 brien Soaring 0 December 5th 04 02:00 PM
Blanik L-13 for sale. Roger Soaring 0 May 25th 04 04:58 AM
Blanik L-23 Duane Eisenbeiss Soaring 8 April 27th 04 05:53 AM
WTB Blanik L13 mike fadden Soaring 2 August 8th 03 04:30 AM