Zoom

Old April 19th 05, 12:51 AM
Juan Jimenez

"BobR" wrote in message
oups.com...
I just love it when your reply reflects directly back on your own image.

Who cares what you think my image is, nitwit? Haven't you figured out yet
that if I want to know what your opinion is of me, I'll ask you? Shoo, back
under your brownnosing rock.

Old April 19th 05, 12:52 AM
Juan Jimenez

"BobR" wrote in message
oups.com...
Quote from the MASTER of knowing nothing about everyting...Janu Jimenez

Spoken by the typical Texas moron who couldn't spell a word right if his
life depended on it. Hell, if it weren't for gravity, you probably would
never have figured out how to land a plane!

Old April 19th 05, 12:57 AM
Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Juan Jimenez wrote:

As I expected, your word isn't worth the nanoamperes used to transmit them.
Didn't your daddy teach you that a man is only as good as his word? That
ought to tell you what yours is worth. No one cares what you think the
pictures say or don't say, Dannyboy. All the events were independently
verified and reported in the general media and your opinion of them or the
pics is irrelevant, just like just about everything else that comes out of
your typing.

Get over it.

"Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired" wrote in message

Juan Jimenez wrote:

In your mailbox. Let's see how good you are in keeping your word.

"Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired" wrote in message

Juan Jimenez wrote:

"Ron Wanttaja" wrote in message
om...

I don't think SnF sent Zoom a notice reminding him that he was banned

from the

show last year.

He wasn't banned from the show last year. I was there when he went in,
and I took pictures. TV and newspaper crews took pictures, interviewed
him, etc. Bet Ousterhout won't publish those.

Why don't you publish them? Better yet, send them to me and I'll post
them for you.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

I'll post them of you want, but they don't prove what you say other than
someone appears to be interviewing him. There's nothing there showing what
year it was.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Yawn, I was just giving you a chance to change your mind. I posted them
in A.B.P.A if you care to look. I'll let other people decide what they
actually show.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old April 19th 05, 01:57 AM
Ron Wanttaja

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 13:39:21 -0700, Richard Riley
wrote:

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 13:24:50 -0500, "Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired"
wrote:

: http://www.sportpilot.org/news/050331_powrachute.html
:
: Ron Wanttaja
:I must have missed something, what's his beef with Powrachute?

My assumption (and it's just an assumption) it that it's Standard Zoom
Business Tactic #1 - get them to run some ads, when the contract runs
out keep running the ads, bill the company, sue when they don't pay.

Complicating this one is the fact that Powrachute was sold to new owners just
before Zoom filed his suit:

http://www.eaa.org/communications/ea...owrachute.html

Wouldn't THAT have been a pleasant surprise...getting served at their first air
show?

One can imagine their problems in trying to defend something like this. They
may just settle and then try to get the money back from the previous owner. The
new cases were filed in Circuit Court, which means the claimed damages are
greater than $15,000.

For the trading card collectors out there, Zoom's attorney in the two new cases
is the same one as in his SnF lawsuit. The previous suits, against Pulsar and
RAF, had a different attorney. They were in County court and were for quite a
bit less.

Ron Wanttaja
Old April 19th 05, 02:05 AM
Rich S.

"Ron Wanttaja" wrote in message
One can imagine their problems in trying to defend something like this.
They
may just settle and then try to get the money back from the previous
owner. The
new cases were filed in Circuit Court, which means the claimed damages are
greater than $15,000.

Is this then the same type of action - for non-payment of advertising
invoices?

Rich S.

Old April 19th 05, 03:22 AM
Cy Galley

Boy that IS good advise! Why don't you try it sometime!

"Juan Jimenez" wrote in message
check the pictures before talking about something of which you know
nothing...

"John T" wrote in message
Just cause the news crews were at the press booth doesn't mean they were
covering campbell. Just getting their credentials, more like.

Old April 19th 05, 03:49 AM
Paul Folbrecht

I feel a little guilty taking this wonderful thread a bit off-topic, but
here goes.

First of all I'm rather part–time paintballer.. I'd play more often if I
didn't fly so much, that's for sure.

I too am amazed at a lot of the folks in this group, though I plan to
follow in their footsteps (or at least attempt to) in the very near
futu my RV–10 tail & wing kits have been ordered.

A few years ago the idea of becoming a pilot struck me as a very lofty,
perhaps unattainable, dream, as well. It's not! Here I am now pushing
300 hours with my instrument rating and owning a Cessna 152. Anybody of
reasonable intelligence who puts their mind to it can do this. Go for it!

~Paul

P.S. Your paintball tanks sound mighty cool. Sounds to me like you have
what it takes to build an airplane.

LCT Paintball wrote:

Another paintballer-pilot, eh? Me too.

You're kidding! All this time I've been looking up to pilots assuming they
are a class above the rest of us. You've burst my bubble.

I'm not a paintballer-pilot yet. Mostly just a paintballer/small business
owner. I'm hoping to start some lessons this fall. In the mean time, I'm
lurking around and trying to learn what I can.

I enjoy building things that make the neighbors shake their head in
disbelief. I am amazed at the things the people in this group have
accomplished.

I've built a paintball tank with a 3" main gun, a "blooper" look alike for
taking out tanks that landed my picture in a magazine, and now I'm working
on a new tank that will borrow some building techniques from you guys. It
will be a fiberglass composite built around a steel frame, and will have a
semi auto main gun firering a foam round that I build, and boast a 40 rps
chain gun similar to the warthog's (but not quite as lethal I hope).

Old April 19th 05, 12:54 PM
Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

wrote:

[...]

They sue him right back for filing a harassing lawsuit. Then again,
anyone winning against zoom would get very little. Maybe the winner can
make something out of ANN. Other than that they will get a little money
from zoom, some personal posessions and his boy toy yawn.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Old April 19th 05, 05:47 PM
Russell Kent

"Dude" wrote:
I met Zoom not too long ago, and frankly, I found him to be a rather meek
and nerdy kind of guy. I bet I could raise his blood pressure with a
stern look.

"Juan Jimenez" replied:
No, you definitely didn't meet Jim. More than likely you meet Slucarzyk.
Wrong side of SNF.

As a card-carrying "nerd" who has met Chuck, I doubt anyone would ever
classify Chuck as a "nerdy kind of guy." "Someone entirely too enamored of
all things Polish" perhaps. :-)

That said, I've never me Jim Campbell so I have no opinion if Dude's
(unflattering but not outright hostile)characterization is accurate.

Russell Kent

Old April 19th 05, 10:52 PM
LCT Paintball

P.S. Your paintball tanks sound mighty cool. Sounds to me like you have
what it takes to build an airplane.

From what I've learned it takes 2 things to build an airplane. Time, and
money. At this stage in my life I don't have an abundance of either one.
Maybe in 10 years when I get some of these kids raised....

Zoom for Free Quilljar Simulators 2 January 17th 05 05:57 PM
new URL for the Captain Zoom web page John Ousterhout Home Built 20 August 23rd 04 02:11 AM
Zoom fables on ANN ZZZZZZZZZZZZ ChuckSlusarczyk Home Built 49 July 22nd 04 06:06 PM
Old Time RAH Zoom Warriors read this! Bill Berle Home Built 3 March 23rd 04 02:50 AM