Anyone own a Falcon Northwest Computer?

Old September 30th 03, 03:48 PM
Dudley Henriques

Default Anyone own a Falcon Northwest Computer?

I'd like some feed on this computer and suggestions for configuring it for
COF if some owner has a few moments to tell me something about it good or
bad. I'm especially interested in the company's service after the sale. Is
it good or bad?
Thanks much
Dudley

Old September 30th 03, 05:34 PM
Don Parker

Dudley Henriques wrote:
I'd like some feed on this computer and suggestions for configuring
it for COF if some owner has a few moments to tell me something
about it good or bad. I'm especially interested in the company's
service after the sale. Is it good or bad?

Thanks much
Dudley

Have you worn out the Hypersonic already??? Now that's some serious
simming!! (;-))

--
Cheers'n Beers [_])
Don

Old September 30th 03, 06:03 PM
Dudley Henriques

"Don Parker" wrote in message
Dudley Henriques wrote:
I'd like some feed on this computer and suggestions for configuring
it for COF if some owner has a few moments to tell me something
about it good or bad. I'm especially interested in the company's
service after the sale. Is it good or bad?

Thanks much
Dudley

Have you worn out the Hypersonic already??? Now that's some serious
simming!! (;-))

--
Cheers'n Beers [_])
Don

The Hypersonic arrived dead out of the box. Wouldn't boot through the bios.
Probably a shipping drop by UPS. The machine itself was magnificent looking.
Obviously put together with care and precision. I called Hypersonic with the
issue. We worked on the machine for several hours. Finally we decided to
have their outsourced tech look at it the following day.
They did offer the right things to me when their tech the next day couldn't
find the issue including a total refund which I accepted. It was the five
unreturned promised phone calls from Hypersonic during the period that
spanned the ongoing issues that actually caused my decision to return it;
not the issue itself. That could have been fixed I'm sure.
I have only one criteria that I absolutely demand of a company with whom I
intend a long term relationship such as a computer company. I will NOT
tolerate unreturned phone calls. EVERY phone call (5 in total involving 2
different people at Hypersonic) to solve my issue had to be initiated by me
after I was told to expect return calls that never came. There's no excuse
for this kind of treatment.
The Hypersonic went back for full credit!
Dudley Henriques
International Fighter Pilots Fellowship
Commercial Pilot/CFI Retired
For personal e-mail, use
dhenriquesATzarthlinkDOTnzt
(replacezwithe)

Old October 1st 03, 05:11 PM
Dudley Henriques

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message
hlink.net...
[...]

I just want to add to this in all fairness for anyone who happens to pick up
on my post above that Hypersonic called me last night. They were very
professional and in my opinion created an atmosphere of trust great enough
that I have re-instated my order with them for a new computer. In all
honesty, I must admit that what Hypersonic has done through my transaction
has been nothing less that correct in every way. The unreturned phone calls
could very well have been a fluke and coupled with my personal feelings
about unreturned calls, could have created a situation caused in part at
least by me.
They found out what the problem was BTW. It was a shorted out video card.
They are building me an entire new machine and have allowed me an
unsollicited additional discount on it as well.
Hope this puts things in a proper perspective for all who might have been
following this "saga" :-))