XCSOAR - MAPGEN Not Working

Old July 31st 15, 06:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default XCSOAR - MAPGEN Not Working

This may be of interest to. I'm gonna give it a whirl. Worth a punt for sure.

Old July 31st 15, 02:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

I tried last night but was having network problems. Maybe this will
work for you as it worked for me last year. Use at your own risk.

Driggs Terrain Database
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ag91ji08wpfycj9/Driggs.xcm?dl=0

Sorry, I don't have the other one.

--
Dan Marotta

Old July 31st 15, 02:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
David Kinsell[_2_]

Thanks DD, I have the Wind River map, but Driggs is at east edge of that
one.

Generally running TopHat on a Nook, it's started requiring multiple
reboots during long flights this year. I fully understand and appreciate
it's free software, but it's getting to be less useful than it used to be.

-Dave

On Thu, 30 Jul 2015 22:07:14 -0600, Dan Marotta wrote:

I was at Driggs last year and made this map file:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ag91ji08wp...riggs.xcm?dl=0

It worked for me last year, use at your own risk.

Dan

On 7/30/2015 9:14 PM, David Kinsell wrote:
On Mon, 20 Jul 2015 06:35:08 -0700, Sean Fidler wrote:

This happens every few months. It will be back up in a matter of
minutes or hours. Great support IMHO considering it's free!

The minutes have turned into months, and apparently even the pre-made
maps are unavailable. Anybody have Driggs ID and Parowan they could
send me?

Old July 31st 15, 03:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

http://www.kflog.org/cumulus/
Old August 1st 15, 12:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Surge

On Friday, 31 July 2015 06:23:04 UTC+2, wrote:
On Thursday, July 30, 2015 at 11:15:46 PM UTC-4, David Kinsell wrote:
On Mon, 20 Jul 2015 06:35:08 -0700, Sean Fidler wrote:

This happens every few months. It will be back up in a matter of
minutes or hours. Great support IMHO considering it's free!

The minutes have turned into months, and apparently even the pre-made
maps are unavailable. Anybody have Driggs ID and Parowan they could send
me?

It would be interesting to find out how these things are made. They do
seem to be a zip file, but I'm not sure exactly what goes in there.
It would be nice to encode sectional charts, e.g.

The map files for XCSoar are XCM archives containing:
1. ESRI shape files (roads, rivers, cities, etc.)
2. A topology file to describes which shape files are available and how to render them (line thickness, point size, colour, etc.)
3. A waypoint file in CUPS format
4. A DEM raster map in JPEG 2000 format with accompanying world file.

All data is in the WGS84 datum.
One could easily use standard GIS processing software to generate your own ESRI shape files and add custom layers like sectional charts.
It just takes some time and tinkering.

Some info of what goes into the XCM map files and :
http://forum.xcsoar.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=918

Maybe I should set up another mirror for generating maps since XCSoar without maps is a deal breaker.

Not Working Mike McCarron[_2_] Soaring 1 December 23rd 12 12:38 AM
Not Working Mike McCarron[_2_] Soaring 4 December 23rd 12 12:19 AM
Not Working Mike McCarron[_2_] Soaring 1 December 22nd 12 02:40 PM
Working on the G-III Roger[_4_] Piloting 0 March 22nd 08 07:13 AM
How is IFF working? Tobias Endrullis Military Aviation 8 November 30th 03 04:06 PM