IFR in uncontroller airspace

Old April 11th 07, 04:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Danny Deger

Default IFR in uncontroller airspace

Has anyone out there ever flown IFR in uncontrolled airspace without a
flight plan. I understand there are places out west that still have large
tracts of uncontrolled airspace that go up to altitude (14,500 feet??).

I am used to it either ending at 700 or 1200 feet AGL.

Danny Deger

Old April 11th 07, 05:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

On Apr 11, 8:48 am, "Danny Deger" wrote:
Has anyone out there ever flown IFR in uncontrolled airspace without a
flight plan. I understand there are places out west that still have large
tracts of uncontrolled airspace that go up to altitude (14,500 feet??).

I am used to it either ending at 700 or 1200 feet AGL.

Danny Deger

Everytime I leave my home airport IFR I'm flying IFR in uncontrolled
airspace, I don't file unless I think the fog is high enough to extend
into controlled airspace. Also, 75% of all my IFR in Mexico is
uncontrolled.

-Robert

Old April 11th 07, 05:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip

On 11 Apr, 16:48, "Danny Deger" wrote:
Has anyone out there ever flown IFR in uncontrolled airspace without a
flight plan. I understand there are places out west that still have large
tracts of uncontrolled airspace that go up to altitude (14,500 feet??).

I am used to it either ending at 700 or 1200 feet AGL.

Danny Deger

Yeah, long time ago. Cessna 140, ADFs only.. You'd be hard pressed to
find somewhere you could do it today!

Old April 11th 07, 09:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan[_1_]

What are the airspace restrictions for uncontrolled IFR in Mexico?
I've been thinking of making a trip.

--Dan

Old April 12th 07, 12:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
kevmor

If it's uncontrolled, how do you know someone just like you didn't
take off in the same area, and your in IMC?

Old April 12th 07, 04:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Danny Deger

"kevmor" wrote in message
ups.com...
If it's uncontrolled, how do you know someone just like you didn't
take off in the same area, and your in IMC?

On Apr 11, 9:35 am, "Robert M. Gary" wrote:
Everytime I leave my home airport IFR I'm flying IFR in uncontrolled
airspace, I don't file unless I think the fog is high enough to extend
into controlled airspace. Also, 75% of all my IFR in Mexico is
uncontrolled.

-Robert

You don't. I think the theory of uncontrolled space is there are so few
planes the likelyhood of a conflict is very, very small.

Danny Deger

Old April 12th 07, 01:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Blueskies

"Danny Deger" wrote in message ...
:
: "kevmor" wrote in message
: ups.com...
[...]
The title to this thread should be "IF" in uncontrolled airspace, the "R" makes it an oxymoron...

Old April 12th 07, 05:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Danny Deger

"Blueskies" wrote in message

"Danny Deger" wrote in message
:
: "kevmor" wrote in message
: ups.com...
[...]

Yes I know. I made a typo.

Danny Deger

Old April 13th 07, 12:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ron Natalie

Blueskies wrote:

:
The title to this thread should be "IF" in uncontrolled airspace, the "R" makes it an oxymoron...

All the IFR RULES still apply. The only thing you don't have
is a clearance.
Old April 15th 07, 03:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Blueskies

"Ron Natalie" wrote in message ...
: Blueskies wrote:
:
: :
: The title to this thread should be "IF" in uncontrolled airspace, the "R" makes it an oxymoron...
:
:
:
: All the IFR RULES still apply. The only thing you don't have
: is a clearance.

Isn't a clearance one of the rules?

Wichita Airspace Question and overlapping airspace Owen[_4_] Piloting 1 February 14th 07 09:35 PM
OLC and airspace 5Z Soaring 6 July 30th 05 03:25 AM
Two airspace classes for one airspace? (KOQU) John R Piloting 8 June 30th 04 04:46 AM
GPS and airspace Marty from Sunny Florida Owning 5 June 29th 04 02:08 PM
Do I own my airspace? Chief McGee Rotorcraft 17 March 16th 04 01:36 AM