Global Warming The debbil made me do it

Old March 21st 08, 04:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt W. Barrow

Default Global Warming The debbil made me do it

"Dan" wrote in message
On Mar 20, 10:31 pm, "Dan Luke" wrote:
"Dan" wrote

"hockey stick" was trashed a long time ago,

No, it wasn't.

but the alarmists cling to
it.

The denialists cling to that fiction.

Well, let's see:

The "Hokey Stick" denies the little Iace Age that ended in 1850, it denies
the Medieval Warm Period, and when other researchers stuffed random numbers
into it, it still produced a Hokey Stick.

That's pretty evident that the denial is in Luke, and it borders on
dementia.

Here's some easy reading to consider:
http://www.climatechangeissues.com/f...5mckitrick.pdf

Quite! Mann's "work" is right up there with Flat Earth and "Intelligent
Design"
type garbage.

Old March 21st 08, 06:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan Luke[_2_]

"Matt W. Barrow" wrote:

The denialists cling to that fiction.

Well, let's see:

The "Hokey Stick" denies the little Iace Age that ended in 1850, it denies
the Medieval Warm Period, and when other researchers stuffed random numbers
into it, it still produced a Hokey Stick.

Right: THE CONSPIRACY (TM). They're all in on it. Even the NRC.

"...stuffed random numbers ..." Haw! You're hilarious.

That's pretty evident that the denial is in Luke, and it borders on
dementia.

Coming from a guy who believed the Ol' Perfesser, that's amusing, too.

Here's some easy reading to consider:
http://www.climatechangeissues.com/f...5mckitrick.pdf

Quite! Mann's "work" is right up there with Flat Earth and "Intelligent
Design"
type garbage.

How ironic that you are unable to recognize AGW deniers using the same tactics
as your buddy Ben Stein. I wonder what your reaction will be to his film
about mainstream science suppressing Intelligent Design. Did you hear your
other AGW denier buddy Limbaugh slurping him on the radio?

Cognitive dissonance seems to be your fate in life, doesn't it?

Old March 21st 08, 07:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Dan wrote in
:

On Mar 20, 10:31 pm, "Dan Luke" wrote:
"Dan" wrote

"hockey stick" was trashed a long time ago,

No, it wasn't.

but the alarmists cling to
it.

The denialists cling to that fiction.

Here's some easy reading to consider:
http://www.climatechangeissues.com/f...5mckitrick.pdf

It's bull****. The guy is lying through his teeth.

Bertie
Old March 21st 08, 07:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

"Dan Luke" wrote in
:

"Matt W. Barrow" wrote:

[...]

This was just sent to me by a friend...

You may be aware of a piece of creationist propaganda called "Expelled:
No Intelligence Allowed." I know at least some of you are familiar with
a wonderful blog called Pharyngula
(http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/)
written by PZ Myers, a professor of biology at the University of
Minnesota.

So with background out of the way, I got to hear this story... Last
night there was a screening of "Expelled" at the Mall of America.
Attendees had to register in advance for tickets. Myers appears in the
film and even gets an acknowledgment of gratitude. So he registered,
along with his family and a guest, the guy who told this story.

While waiting in line to sign in for the screening, a cop came up to
Myers and told him he was not going to be allowed to enter. A producer
had recognized him and told the cops to, well, expel him from the
premises. Apparently his intelligence and scientific knowledge were not
welcome. Maybe he'd contaminate the vibe or something.

So he went downstairs to the Apple store while his family and guest
went
ahead watched the flick, which by all accounts ranged from laughable to
pathetic.

The irony level is obviously screaming towards the stratosphere by this
point. But here's what pushes it over the edge. Myers' guest, who
apparently was not recognized and who told this story this morning
was...Richard Dawkins!

Good stuff, eh?

Bertie
Old March 21st 08, 11:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan Luke[_2_]

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote:

[...]

Frackin' hilarious.

The ID scammers are masters at stepping on their own dicks.

Old March 21st 08, 11:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

"Dan Luke" wrote in
:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote:

[...]

It's incredible. And yet they keep on..

Bertie
Old March 21st 08, 11:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan Luke[_2_]

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
.. .
"Dan Luke" wrote in
:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote:

[...]

The addition of Ben Stein opens wonderful new vistas of rightard wacko
hilarity.

Life is good.

Old March 21st 08, 11:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

"Dan Luke" wrote in news:13u8i231s1cc812
@news.supernews.com:

The addition of Ben Stein opens wonderful new vistas of rightard wacko
hilarity.

I'm not sure if I have heard from him,. is he the flagellum guy?

Bertie
Old March 21st 08, 11:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan[_10_]

On Mar 21, 7:47 pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
"Dan Luke" wrote in news:13u8i231s1cc812
@news.supernews.com:

The addition of Ben Stein opens wonderful new vistas of rightard wacko
hilarity.

I'm not sure if I have heard from him,. is he the flagellum guy?

Bertie

Ben Stein '' Beuller....?"

"Win Ben Steins Money"

And countless other small roles...

Old March 21st 08, 11:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan Luke[_2_]

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
.. .
"Dan Luke" wrote in news:13u8i231s1cc812
@news.supernews.com:

The addition of Ben Stein opens wonderful new vistas of rightard wacko
hilarity.

I'm not sure if I have heard from him,. is he the flagellum guy?

Heh. They're *all* the flagellum guy.

Stein is a minor entertainment/media twit who is conductng a pro-ID campaign.
His latest effort is "Expelled," a movie he paid for that pretends to expose
a scientific conspiracy to suppress Intelligent Design. He's a right wing
idiot (tautology?) with money to spend on a pet project:

http://www.expelledthemovie.com/