LX7007 Pro IGC

Old June 2nd 16, 04:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
David Cleveland

Default LX7007 Pro IGC

Thanks guys. Yes, LXE can export the required .lxa file that the 7007 will read for the airports database. The problem is to produce the .lxa file, you need to have an airport database to point the LXE software to.

The directory that the LXE software looks to contains files with several types of file extensions, one of those file types being .cub. So yes, 2KA, maybe a new .cub file would do the trick. I'll contact you in a while and we can discuss this. Maybe even try out that new runway.

As for the SC issue, also yes, I need to check the static system. Thanks for the link to the Winter Instruments system test. Good stuff. I also thought about connecting the LX7007 to the TE probe and configuring it for pneumatic compensation, just to see if it made a difference. I had hoped it was just a software setting issue.

I guess there is no hoping in aviation.

Old June 2nd 16, 04:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy Gough[_2_]

On Wednesday, June 1, 2016 at 11:01:24 PM UTC-4, David Cleveland wrote:
Thanks guys. Yes, LXE can export the required .lxa file that the 7007 will read for the airports database. The problem is to produce the .lxa file, you need to have an airport database to point the LXE software to.

David,

I had prepared this answer for you after your last post so please forgive duplication of some of the points you already know.

Andy Gough

The last US airports data base available from LX is the Jeppesen 2009 edition. You can use the program Lxe on a PC to construct a user airports data base. The user airports file is a text file but the LX7007proIGC V2.01 manual page 89 states airport data base format is .LXA. There does not seem to be a direct way to construct an airport database in the .LXA format. To construct an up to date airport database in .LXA format using the program Lxe, you first need to construct a User Airport file in comma delimited text format and convert that text file to .LXA format during the save dialog presented by FileExportAirportsLX7007.

There are two simple ways to construct the airports text file:
1. Create a text file from the turnpoints in the Turnpoints tab, right clickSave AsTPfilenameSaveAs typeComma separated file (*.txt)
2. Import a Cambridge .dat file into the User Data base file (lower list) in the Airports tab. Right clickImportCambridge .dat file. Next, Right clickExport to save the file to disk.

You are now ready to convert the saved text file to .LXA format during the save dialog presented by FileExportAirportsLX7007.

Before converting to .LXA format you will need to edit the text file to strip out waypoints that are not airports. It is simplest to do this exercise in Lxe or in a text editor. You can do the edit in a spreadsheet but you may find some strange characters turning up in the data.

There may be a simpler way of doing this exercise but this is the only one I know. Also useful to know is Lxe does not perform properly on operating systems after XP.
Old June 2nd 16, 06:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

It works perfectly on my Win7 and also Win10 VMs on a Macbook. I think there can be problems if your User doesn't have Administrator privileges.
Old June 2nd 16, 01:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy Gough[_2_]

On Thursday, June 2, 2016 at 1:15:14 AM UTC-4, wrote:
It works perfectly on my Win7 and also Win10 VMs on a Macbook. I think there can be problems if your User doesn't have Administrator privileges.

Yes that was the problem, thanks for the tip.

LX7007 Pro IGC Charlie Papa[_2_] Soaring 4 June 1st 16 07:59 PM
PowerFLARM, LX7007 Pro IGC and a PDA ... how to ... 2NO Soaring 7 March 22nd 14 03:57 PM
Want to buy used LX7007 [email protected] Soaring 3 July 26th 13 08:27 PM
Winpilot & Lx7007 DG5X Soaring 5 March 24th 06 10:59 AM
Commercial - New LX7007 Paul Remde Soaring 19 July 1st 05 05:06 PM