A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

LX9070 Flarm not speaking

Old June 4th 16, 09:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud
external usenet poster

Default LX9070 Flarm not speaking

Have a LX9070 and a PowerFlarm brick. The PF is turning on can see the red light when new software was loaded and can see a green light when it is on.. There are connections from Flarm to the LX9070 they appear solid, but when I go to the setup page on the LX9070, Hardware then Flarm all I see is a baud rate of 19200 and Ext.(PC). The Freq (should be North America, is blank) serial number and Version are blank. I did have another pilot say my Flarm was working as he got a Flarm warning, but I am not sure it was the Flarm or the transponder setting off his Flarm. I receive no data of the LX9070.

Does anyone know if there are other settings that would keep the Flarm from showing on the LX9070. As stated above all the indications are the Flarm is powering on.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards,
Jon
Old June 5th 16, 01:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrzej Kobus
external usenet poster

On Saturday, June 4, 2016 at 4:34:54 PM UTC-4, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:
Have a LX9070 and a PowerFlarm brick. The PF is turning on can see the red light when new software was loaded and can see a green light when it is on. There are connections from Flarm to the LX9070 they appear solid, but when I go to the setup page on the LX9070, Hardware then Flarm all I see is a baud rate of 19200 and Ext.(PC). The Freq (should be North America, is blank) serial number and Version are blank. I did have another pilot say my Flarm was working as he got a Flarm warning, but I am not sure it was the Flarm or the transponder setting off his Flarm. I receive no data of the LX9070.

Does anyone know if there are other settings that would keep the Flarm from showing on the LX9070. As stated above all the indications are the Flarm is powering on.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards,
Jon

Most likely your baud rate specified for the PF port is different than the rate specified in the LX. Put a USB stick in the PF and PF will write the boot sequence into the log on USB. Then open that file in a notepad and see what is your baud rate setting for that port. Enter that baud rate in LX and you should be fine.
Old June 5th 16, 07:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Springford
external usenet poster

Jon,

The flarm needs to be configured to send data out via either (or both) of the RJ or DB9 port. This is done in the flarm config file

Assuming you are using the standard LX-PFcore connection cable connecting to the flarm DB9 port, then put this code in the config file. It's what works with my core and 9000.

# configure D-SUB 9 port
$PFLAC,S,NMEAOUT2,63

If using the RJ port then use:
# configure PF core RJ-45 / PF portable port
#$PFLAC,S,NMEAOUT1,63
#$PFLAC,S,BAUD1,2

Dave Springford
www.foxonecorp.com