1-26 Snowbirds

Old May 18th 16, 10:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Clif McVay

Default 1-26 Snowbirds

Would anyone be interested in creating a yearly event for 1-26s on or around January 26 ?
Old May 18th 16, 02:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Daniel Sazhin[_2_]

On Wednesday, May 18, 2016 at 5:56:15 AM UTC-4, Clif McVay wrote:
Would anyone be interested in creating a yearly event for 1-26s on or around January 26 ?

Where would this be?

Best Regards,
Daniel
Old May 18th 16, 03:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Clif McVay

On Wednesday, May 18, 2016 at 5:56:15 AM UTC-4, Clif McVay wrote:
Would anyone be interested in creating a yearly event for 1-26s on or around January 26 ?

I should have said "if I create it would anyone come?"

It would be in central Florida.

The date is along the lines of:
March 14 is PI Day (3.14)
May 4 is Star Wars Day (May the 4th be with you...)

So January 26 is 1-26
Old May 18th 16, 03:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I would be there with #225, I live near pensacola so central FL would be close. I would suggest a day or two later, or the next weekend after christmass as most folks will be doing christmass and the day after with family.
Old May 18th 16, 04:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

How about a new years camp. What a way to start off the new year by soaring.
Old May 18th 16, 05:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

On Wednesday, May 18, 2016 at 8:49:18 AM UTC-7, wrote:
How about a new years camp. What a way to start off the new year by soaring.

Extra style points on New Years Day for using the Sport Canopy!
Jim
Old May 19th 16, 03:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Clif McVay

On Wednesday, May 18, 2016 at 5:56:15 AM UTC-4, Clif McVay wrote:
Would anyone be interested in creating a yearly event for 1-26s on or around January 26 ?

I own SGS1-26E #598 based in central Florida so we have 2 potential attendees already!

How about this:

1-26 Snowbird Camp
January 26, 2017 through January 29, 2017
Central Florida
Discounted tow rates for all SGS1-26 during the camp (amount to be negotiated)
Additional tow discount for those using the sport canopy!!!
A prize, of course, for the longest distance traveled to the camp.
(Blairstown, NJ is a potential winner.)
Old May 19th 16, 02:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

My bird #225 is presently with me in ND, when I trailer her home would that qualify for the longest tow award? LoL
Old May 19th 16, 04:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Clif McVay

On Thursday, May 19, 2016 at 9:28:43 AM UTC-4, wrote:
My bird #225 is presently with me in ND, when I trailer her home would that qualify for the longest tow award? LoL

Hmmm... I will have to consult the rules. (Are there any rules???)
Old May 20th 16, 12:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Citrus Soaring Club

We would love to attend with our d model "480"

Snowbirds 2009 Maple1 Aviation Photos 0 January 16th 09 04:25 AM
Snowbirds Canuck[_3_] Aviation Photos 0 December 17th 08 02:43 AM
Snowbirds..... Canuck[_2_] Aviation Photos 10 September 6th 08 09:06 AM
Snowbirds Crash Jay Honeck Piloting 12 August 26th 05 09:51 PM
Snowbirds down tony roberts Piloting 24 December 15th 04 03:38 PM