LX7007 Pro IGC

Old May 30th 16, 04:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie Papa[_2_]

Default LX7007 Pro IGC

On Friday, May 20, 2016 at 12:14:25 PM UTC-4, David Cleveland wrote:
I am looking for someone with in-depth experience using and maintaining an LX7007 Pro IGC.

David Cleveland

I found ownership of it was the most compelling argument against gun control I have encountered. It was repaired twice, firmware updated twice and replaced once. When it broke again, I sold it and replaced it with the LX NAV8080. Different company from LX Navigation. The 8080 is a little too small, but so much more reliable and intuitive to use.

My advice: if you ain't bought it, don't do it.
Old May 31st 16, 08:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

My LX7007pro IGC has worked for about 500hrs without any problems, the club has 4 of them and they have also never needed any repairs or replacements.

David what exactly do you need to know?
Old May 31st 16, 09:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Walsh

Cleveland wrote:
I am looking for someone with in-depth experience using

and maintaining
a=
n LX7007 Pro IGC.
=20
David Cleveland

When I bought a near new glider (just 4 flights) the Flarm part
of the installed LX7007 IGC F was erratic. After repair by LX
the unit functioned perfectly; it never failed or crashed. I liked
it. Its moving map/Flarm display can be ignored, much better
to use a PDA/Oudie linked to the LX7007.
The software is not very intuitive but pretty easy to use so long
as you are not flying comps with AAT type tasks, that part of
the software is clunky.
There are plenty of pilots out there cursing their (expensive)
unreliable computerised varios/map displays; I quite liked the
reliability of the LX7007: not state of the art in 2016 but it
worked.

Old June 1st 16, 11:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
David Cleveland

On Tuesday, May 31, 2016 at 1:51:05 AM UTC-6, wrote:
My LX7007pro IGC has worked for about 500hrs without any problems, the club has 4 of them and they have also never needed any repairs or replacements.

David what exactly do you need to know?

This topic may be best discussed via PM or even a telephone conversation. In a nutshell, I'm in a partnership in a 2009 DG1001 that had an LX 7007 Pro IGC installed as original equipment. I have two issues I'd like to get more information about.

The first is rather minor. The airport database still contains the original 2009 data. No update is available on the LX Navigation website. How do I update the airports information?

The second issue is more serious, and a lot more complicated. I have done a lot of work trying to solve it, to no avail. The vario speed command has never functioned properly. It has always commanded a speed that it obviously too slow. I have checked the following:

Pitot/static connections are correct
Proper TE compensation is set (electric compensation)
Proper load/aircraft weight set for the flight.
Proper glide polar set for the glider used for the flight.
Airspeed data received by the device are correct, verified by IAS display on the instrument.

Occasionally the variometer averager does not work (very rarely), and when it does not work, the variometer seems to be acting as if it is uncompensated. This is a new problem that started last season.

The aircraft has a high quality total energy probe, but it is only connected to a mechanical variometer, not the LX7007. The LX7007 is correctly connected for electronic compensation.

I have not checked the quality of the static system. My assumption was that with a new glider, it would be suitable for the LX7007.

The home gliderport for the glider is closed for runway upgrades right now, but as soon as it reopens, I'm willing to check any and all ideas, including the ones I've already tried.

I contacted LX Navigation on both of these issues. They did not respond to the first issue, and suggested I retest the IAS indication for the second. I'm certainly willing to do so, but as I have said, it's been checked.

David
Old June 1st 16, 07:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2KA

I can probably help with the database update, using data from my website (http://www.soaringdata.info). I haven't done a 7007 before, but it appears from the manual that it can read .cup files for Airports/Waypoints/Tasks, and .cub files for airpsace. My site produces the first (.cup) files directly, and other airspace formats that can be converted to .cub using SeeYou desktop.

You know how to contact me privately. Let's meet at the airport sometime and see if we can get this working.

Lynn Alley
"2KA"

PowerFLARM, LX7007 Pro IGC and a PDA ... how to ... 2NO Soaring 7 March 22nd 14 04:57 PM
Want to buy used LX7007 [email protected] Soaring 3 July 26th 13 08:27 PM
Winpilot & Lx7007 DG5X Soaring 5 March 24th 06 11:59 AM
Commercial - New LX7007 Paul Remde Soaring 19 July 1st 05 05:06 PM