SN-10 ......LTB

Old May 30th 16, 08:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gary Adams

Default SN-10 ......LTB

I flew with KS last week at Mifflin. Really liked his SN-10 set up as opposed to what he called glider "Entertainment Center's"

Looking for one and associated gear.

Email me at

Thanks
Gary Adams
Old May 31st 16, 09:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Walsh

At 19:38 30 May 2016, Gary Adams wrote:
I flew with KS last week at Mifflin. Really liked his SN-10 set

up as
opposed to what he called glider "Entertainment Center's"

Looking for one and associated gear.

Email me at

Thanks
Gary Adams

If you like old technology that works (rather than wide screen
entertainment) you might also like the Zander ZS1 system;
probably rarer than the SN10 system on your side of the pond
but it was very well built and is now cheap, complete systems
sub 1000 Euros over here in Europe.

Old May 31st 16, 02:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Roger that, Gary
I wouldn't leave home without my SN-10. It accurately answers all racing questions at a glance. The only issue I have with the SN-10 is it can be hard to read when under clouds...............OK, I'm going on 82, but I've heard the same complaint from younger pilots. The first units could fade out when in direct sun light for a while. Dave fixed this with the B model, but now it can be hard for some of us to read when in shadows. What to do? I started carrying a little LED spot lite. Works great, I'm investigating a permanent spot LED aimed at my SN-10.
JJ
Old May 31st 16, 08:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
andrew mcquigg

On Monday, May 30, 2016 at 3:38:26 PM UTC-4, Gary Adams wrote:
I flew with KS last week at Mifflin. Really liked his SN-10 set up as opposed to what he called glider "Entertainment Center's"

Looking for one and associated gear.

Email me at

Thanks
Gary Adams

Hi Gary.
Call me or email me I have what you want.
Andy

Old June 1st 16, 02:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

After finishing three tasks in a row within 2 minutes, a fellow competitor bowed to my superior skills and asked just how I was able to do that consistently?
My answer was SN-10. I tried a little TV set in the cockpit, nice green and brown colors. I know where the mountains are, what I need to know is where are the turn points? They were covered up with the bright colors! On a MAT or TAT, you can't beat the 10.
JJ
Old June 1st 16, 08:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

On Monday, May 30, 2016 at 12:38:26 PM UTC-7, Gary Adams wrote:
I flew with KS last week at Mifflin. Really liked his SN-10 set up as opposed to what he called glider "Entertainment Center's"

Looking for one and associated gear.

Email me at

Thanks
Gary Adams

They're all entertainment centers!
Everyone has their own preference. You're fortunate to like something you can pick up for a few hundred dollars.
Jim