The Five Million Dollar Flight Instructor

Old January 25th 08, 08:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
gatt[_2_]

Default The Five Million Dollar Flight Instructor

"WASHINGTON (CNN) -- A Minnesota flight instructor who notified his bosses
of student Zacarias Moussaoui's suspicious behavior received a $5 million
reward Thursday from the State Department, two government officials told
CNN."

The good guys won one. So, I wonder what kind airplanes he's going to buy.

-c

Old January 25th 08, 08:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
kontiki

gatt wrote:
"WASHINGTON (CNN) -- A Minnesota flight instructor who notified his bosses
of student Zacarias Moussaoui's suspicious behavior received a $5 million
reward Thursday from the State Department, two government officials told
CNN."

The good guys won one. So, I wonder what kind airplanes he's going to buy.

Now its time for someone in the state department (or ICE or INS)
to be fined $5 million for not doing anything about it.

Old January 25th 08, 10:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

On Jan 25, 11:13*am, "gatt" wrote:
"WASHINGTON (CNN) -- A Minnesota flight instructor who notified his bosses
of student Zacarias Moussaoui's suspicious behavior received a $5 million
reward Thursday from the State Department, two government officials told
CNN."

The good guys won one. *So, I wonder what kind airplanes he's going to buy.

-c

Did they withhold the $2.5m in taxes before they gave it to him or
expect him to pay estimateds on it?

-Robert
Old January 25th 08, 11:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
gatt[_2_]

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
"WASHINGTON (CNN) -- A Minnesota flight instructor who notified his
bosses
of student Zacarias Moussaoui's suspicious behavior received a $5 million
reward Thursday from the State Department, two government officials told
CNN."

The good guys won one. So, I wonder what kind airplanes he's going to
buy.

Did they withhold the $2.5m in taxes before they gave it to him or
expect him to pay estimateds on it?

I wondered that, too.

Who knows, maybe he'll buy the FBO and write it off as a business expense.
If it were me the first thing I'd do is buy one of those toy Cessnas out of
the Sporty's catalog and send it to Moussaoui with a note that says.
"Hijack this, jackass."

-c

Old January 26th 08, 01:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Rich Ahrens[_2_]

Robert M. Gary wrote:
On Jan 25, 11:13 am, "gatt" wrote:
"WASHINGTON (CNN) -- A Minnesota flight instructor who notified his bosses
of student Zacarias Moussaoui's suspicious behavior received a $5 million
reward Thursday from the State Department, two government officials told
CNN."

The good guys won one. So, I wonder what kind airplanes he's going to buy.

-c

Did they withhold the $2.5m in taxes before they gave it to him or
expect him to pay estimateds on it?

I'd be willing to bet the reward was tax free. Rewards under that
program (Rewards for Justice, authorized by 22 U.S.C. § 2708) can be
made in secret, with the required reporting to Congress classified. Hard
to see how that secrecy could be maintained if the money had to reported
on a tax return!
Old January 26th 08, 01:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Watson[_2_]

"When asked what he intended to do with the windfall, the flight instructor
replied; 'I guess I will keep flying and getting ratings until it's gone.'"

Old January 26th 08, 04:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mortimer Schnerd, RN[_2_]

Watson wrote:
"When asked what he intended to do with the windfall, the flight instructor
replied; 'I guess I will keep flying and getting ratings until it's gone.'"

That shouldn't take very long.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

Finding a flight instructor Tom Piloting 49 January 4th 06 06:33 PM
Flight Instructor aluckyguess Piloting 4 September 8th 04 02:41 AM
Looking for a flight instructor Gregory Kozlovsky General Aviation 0 September 7th 03 11:49 PM
Looking for a flight instructor Gregory Kozlovsky Piloting 0 September 7th 03 11:49 PM