Chicago Seminar Feb 24 Piggott, Striedieck, Good, Carswell

Old December 13th 06, 12:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ContestID67

Default Chicago Seminar Feb 24 Piggott, Striedieck, Good, Carswell

Seminar Announcement and advertisement

2007 3rd Annual ChicagoLand Glider Mid-America Spring Soaring & Safety
Seminar
Saturday, February 24, 2007
Elgin, Illinois

The ChicagoLand Glider Council is sponsoring an all-day spring soaring
and safety seminar open to all soaring pilots on Saturday, February 24,
2007. Nationally recognized speakers will host topics on competition,
technology, safety and other soaring related areas. Aviation and
soaring related vendors will be present.

Confirmed speakers;

Derek Piggott - Safety
Karl Striedieck - Competition
John Good - International Soaring
Dean Carswell - Intermediate Cross Country Soaring

The Seminar's location is Elgin, Illinois (northwest of Chicago) at
Elgin Community College's impressive and modern business center.
Cost will be $30 for ChicagoLand Glider Council members and $45 for
non-members. Participants will receive breakfast, breaks, lunch and
all materials. Registration is limited to 200 participants with a
deadline of Feb 17th. Day of registration will incur a $5 late fee.
An optional speaker's dinner is available with Karl Striedieck as the
featured speaker.

For more information please see http://chicagolandglidercouncil.com.

The ChicagoLand Glider Council is a non-profit organization of over 200
members which was formed in 1937 and has a long history of dedication
to the advancement and safety of soaring flight. Seminar profits
support the Councils ongoing efforts including youth scholarships and
continued training.

Old December 13th 06, 02:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi,

I'll be there as well with a table for displaying my soaring instruments
demos, software, books and videos.

Good Soaring,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com

ups.com...

Old January 15th 07, 04:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ContestID67

Default Chicago Seminar Feb 24 Piggott, Striedieck, Good, Carswell, Lewis, Cochrane

An update on our confirmed speakers

Derek Piggott - Safety
Karl Striedieck - Competition
John Cochrane - Competition
John Good - International Soaring and 1000km ridge flight
Dean Carswell - Cross Country Soaring
Curt Lewis - Cross Country Soaring

The optional dinners speaker will have Karl Striedieck as the
"entertainment" speaking about his love for falconry and raptors. That
should be a great talk.

See http://chicagolandglidercouncil.com for full details.

- John

Old January 15th 07, 09:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Jan 14, 11:29 pm, "ContestID67" wrote:
The optional dinners speaker will have Karl Striedieck as the
"entertainment" speaking about his love for falconry and raptors. That
should be a great talk.

Is Karl bringing any feathered guests ? Last falconry presentation
of Karl's I attended was great fun, especially after the guest flew up
to a chandellier !

See you in Memphis,
Best Regards, Dave

PS: I'll be the one in the middle of the huge crowd 'round my
Antares 20E, but my feathered buddy (on my arm at the moment)
is staying home...

Old January 16th 07, 03:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ContestID67

I don't believe that Karl is bringing along a feathered friend. He's
flying into ORD and I don't think that the airlines would allow that
kind of carry on baggage. I could be wrong but I doubt it.

- John

Old January 18th 07, 03:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Herb

Now if Karl WOULD bring a hawk on the flight to Chicago and if the hawk
WOULD decide to spend time flying up and down the aisle - would the ac
then consume less fuel due to the reduced weight?
My answer is of course NO since the fuselage is a closed and static
system (although there is obviously an air exchange) and as such the
total mass would not change. Any other opinions?

Herb, J7

Old January 18th 07, 06:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
CLewis95

Herb,

Maybe the hawk could just grab a seatback and flap really hard...???

Curt Lewis - 95

ContestID67 wrote:
I don't believe that Karl is bringing along a feathered friend. He's
flying into ORD and I don't think that the airlines would allow that
kind of carry on baggage. I could be wrong but I doubt it.

- John- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -

Old January 21st 07, 04:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Jan 18, 10:52 am, "Herb" wrote:
Now if Karl WOULD bring a hawk on the flight to Chicago and if the hawk
WOULD decide to spend time flying up and down the aisle - would the ac
then consume less fuel due to the reduced weight?
My answer is of course NO since the fuselage is a closed and static
system (although there is obviously an air exchange) and as such the
total mass would not change. Any other opinions?

Herb, J7

Well, any sensible hawk would fly up to first class for better food.
Then, passengers would run aft, thereby decreasing trim drag.
So, less fuel consumption but possibly an interesting landing ?
See ya, Dave

Old January 26th 07, 03:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brian Glick

I just talked to KS and ask him to bring this year's hawk over to my farm
for a hunt. He told me he could not, as he just released his hawk for this
year. He told me it was set free for a "low IQ" He said it was the dumbest
bird he had ever seen. Hmmmm, glad to see that birds can suffer from human
aspects as well......LOL

Brian Glick

wrote in message
oups.com...

Old January 26th 07, 09:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Stupid? You got a choice of eating some undercooked rabbit by Iris and
sit on Karl hand looking at and listening to Karl beg for advice OR
flying off somewhere chasing naked girliebirds eating fresh kill
dripping in blood. I think Karl got out-hawked.

On Jan 26, 10:06*am, "Brian Glick" wrote:
I just talked to KS and ask him to bring this year's hawk over to my farm
for a hunt. He told me he could not, as he just released his hawk for this
year. He told me it was set free for a "low IQ" He said it was the dumbest
bird he had ever seen. Hmmmm, glad to see that birds can suffer from human
aspects as well......LOL

Brian Glick

wrote in ooglegroups.com...

On Jan 18, 10:52 am, "Herb" wrote:
Now if Karl WOULD bring a hawk on the flight to Chicago and if the hawk
WOULD decide to spend time flying up and down the aisle - would the ac
then consume less fuel due to the reduced weight?
My answer is of course NO since the fuselage is a closed and static
system (although there is obviously an air exchange) and as such the
total mass would not change. *Any other opinions?

Herb, J7

Well, any sensible hawk would fly up to first class for better food.
Then, passengers would run aft, thereby decreasing trim drag.
So, less fuel consumption but possibly an interesting landing ?
See ya, Dave- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -