I give up, after many, many years!

Old May 28th 08, 07:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601Xl Builder

Default I give up, after many, many years!

Mxsmanic wrote:
gatt writes:

I have tried repeatedly to answer
MX evenly an accurately, only to have him tell me that I'm wrong ...

If someone is indeed wrong, why is it a bad thing to tell him that?

Well if you knew the answer why did you ask the question, Anthony?

The difference between he and I, though, is that I've invested thousands
of dollars and countless hours learning the art and science of aviation,
proving myself to instructors and examiners, and earning the experience
in my logbook.

No matter what a person has invested, that does not guarantee that he is
right, and he must still be willing to accept it when he is wrong.

For me, aviation is a discussion, not a struggle amongst egos.

There's your problem right there. Aviation is NOT a discussion. It is
the are and science of flying and by flying I mean using tools to
overcome gravity in a controlled and managed way.
Old May 28th 08, 07:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip's more handsome brother via AviationKB.com

Mxsmanic wrote:

For me, aviation is a discussion, not a struggle amongst egos.

for you aviation is sitting in front of a pc looking at pretty pictures,
fjukkwit.

Old May 28th 08, 09:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

"Bertie the Bunyip's more handsome brother via AviationKB.com" u33403@uwe
wrote in news:84d6d1b116658@uwe:

Mxsmanic wrote:

For me, aviation is a discussion, not a struggle amongst egos.

for you aviation is sitting in front of a pc looking at pretty pictures,
fjukkwit.

Imitation is, after all...

But lay off my socks.

Bertie
Old May 28th 08, 09:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

gatt writes:

I have tried repeatedly to answer
MX evenly an accurately, only to have him tell me that I'm wrong ...

If someone is indeed wrong, why is it a bad thing to tell him that?

The difference between he and I, though, is that I've invested
thousands of dollars and countless hours learning the art and science
of aviation, proving myself to instructors and examiners, and earning
the experience in my logbook.

No matter what a person has invested, that does not guarantee that he
is right, and he must still be willing to accept it when he is wrong.

For me, aviation is a discussion, not a struggle amongst egos.

No, for you aviaiton does not exist..

You don['t fly.

Bertie
Old May 28th 08, 09:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Buster Hymen

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Kevin Horner writes:

Are you the only person on the planet who knows calculus,
Newtonian physics and the theory of gases?

No, but that's far more than most private pilots know.

They can fly a real airplane. You can't.

Old May 28th 08, 09:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Buster Hymen

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

gatt writes:

I have tried repeatedly to answer
MX evenly an accurately, only to have him tell me that I'm wrong ...

If someone is indeed wrong, why is it a bad thing to tell him that?

The difference between he and I, though, is that I've invested
thousands of dollars and countless hours learning the art and science
of aviation, proving myself to instructors and examiners, and earning
the experience in my logbook.

No matter what a person has invested, that does not guarantee that he
is right, and he must still be willing to accept it when he is wrong.

For me, aviation is a discussion, not a struggle amongst egos.

For pilots aviation is about flying. Something your ego won't let you
begin to understand.

Old May 28th 08, 09:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Benjamin Dover

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

gatt writes:

I have tried repeatedly to answer
MX evenly an accurately, only to have him tell me that I'm wrong ...

If someone is indeed wrong, why is it a bad thing to tell him that?

The difference between he and I, though, is that I've invested
thousands of dollars and countless hours learning the art and science
of aviation, proving myself to instructors and examiners, and earning
the experience in my logbook.

No matter what a person has invested, that does not guarantee that he
is right, and he must still be willing to accept it when he is wrong.

For me, aviation is a discussion, not a struggle amongst egos.

For you, Anthony, aviation is about playing games on PC and yanking your
joy stick.

Old May 28th 08, 10:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
terry

On May 29, 2:46*am, Mxsmanic wrote:
gatt writes:
I have tried repeatedly to answer
MX evenly an accurately, only to have him tell me that I'm wrong ...

If someone is indeed wrong, why is it a bad thing to tell him that?

Its not a bad thing at all, as long as you are sure the other person
is indeed wrong. But where you have gone wrong on this group is too
many times you have told people incorrectly that they were wrong, that
will really **** a lot of people off. And then to make it worse,
there have been people who would still take the time to explain to you
why you were wrong, and you would refuse to accept it or acknowledge
you were wrong. Come to think of it I cant recall a single time you
admitted you were wrong. You invariably try to weasel your way out of
it by changing the argument, or saying your reasoning applied to some
other situation that is out of context with the original discussion.
In other words, intellectual dishonesty. Example? would you like
to tell us again why we cant apply the ideal gas law to calculate the
air density of a parcel of air we want to fly in. And if you want to
make a total idiot of yourself why not crosspost it to sci.chem?
Terry
PPL Downunder

Old May 28th 08, 10:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
terry

On May 29, 2:41*am, "Kloudy via AviationKB.com" u33403@uwe wrote:
terry wrote:
I told him to **** off , I aint having no labotomy.
Terry
PhD Chemistry
( he's still the boss *:) * *)

heeh hee thats kinds cute.

Chemist...

LABotomy...

Nice pick up Cloudy. I cant take any credit for that one, my
spelling is terrable
Terry

DC-3 parts to give away Robert Little Restoration 2 November 23rd 06 03:30 AM
Who can give a checkout? Mark S Conway General Aviation 2 May 9th 05 12:15 AM
Winch give-away KP Soaring 6 January 11th 05 08:04 PM
Did you ever give up on an IR? No Such User Piloting 24 November 26th 03 02:45 PM
FS 2004 give away Ozzie M Simulators 0 November 23rd 03 03:50 PM