Basair

Old December 29th 06, 08:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
dasb

Default Basair

I wish to pursue my CPL
course from Australia. I want to know if Basair is a good option. How
are the instructors over there and what are the aircraft used. I am
from India. Also, if there are any ex students of Basair who are
currently employed in any airline industry, please let me know. Please
help.

Old December 30th 06, 10:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
ABC

dasb Wrote:
I want to know if Basair is a good option.

Not many local students fly at Basair with good reasons that I won’t go
into. They seem to reel in the majority of their business based on a
relatively informative web site and an extremely polished sales pitch
(both in Australian and abroad... particularly India). Unfortunately,
the effort they apply to sales and marketing doesn’t generally find
their way into their flight training programs. They are extremely
poorly managed and produce a very mediocre product.

Their instructors are *very* junior and some of the most inexperienced
in Sydney. They are low time and are generally graduates of their own
(very poor) instructor program.

They have one of the worst safety records of any company in Sydney.

They train in, as per their web site, mainly in the Cessna 152 and a
silly ultralight machine built by Tecnam.

I would suggest posting in aus.aviation where you’re likely to get a
plethora of negative comments from a range of people who have had bad
experiences.

For career courses you would be hard pressed to find a better school in
Australia at the moment than General Flying Services
(www.generalflyingservices.com.au). Sydney Flight Training
(www.sydneyflighttraining.com.au) are also worthy of consideration.

--
ABC
Posted at www.flight.org

Old December 30th 06, 01:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack

("ABC" wrote)
Not many local students fly at Basair with good reasons that I won’t go
into.

[some very "good reasons" ...snipped]

What possible other "good reasons" could you have left out? g

Montblack-spot

Old January 1st 07, 02:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
dasb

Thank You for the reply. As suggested, I have gone through the two
websites(General Flying Services and Sydney Flight Training Centre).
Their costs too seem to be cheaper than Basair. I want to join a
flying school which also provides employment opportunities in the
industry after completion of the course.
("ABC" wrote)