The fix is in

Old August 23rd 07, 10:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow[_4_]

Default The fix is in

wrote in message
ps.com...
On Aug 22, 4:30 pm, "Matt Barrow"
wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com...

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070822/gas_s...suit.html?.v=4

What do you want to bet that the same thing is happening with 100LL?

How much do you want to bet? Say, $5000?

So much for U.S. anti-trust laws.

Yup...keeping prices to retailers high will really help their sales, and
running their retailers out of business will help, too.

Here's a dollar: buy a clue.

Send $100 to my paypal account so I can buy a really big one!

I suspect, based on your original comment, that even the $1.00 would be a
waste, given that you don't comprehend something that a business student in
their first semester understands.

Old August 23rd 07, 04:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Aug 23, 3:19 am, "Matt Barrow"
wrote:
wrote in message

ps.com...

On Aug 22, 4:30 pm, "Matt Barrow"
wrote:
wrote in message

groups.com...

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070822/gas_s...suit.html?.v=4

What do you want to bet that the same thing is happening with 100LL?

How much do you want to bet? Say, $5000?

So much for U.S. anti-trust laws.

Yup...keeping prices to retailers high will really help their sales, and
running their retailers out of business will help, too.

Here's a dollar: buy a clue.

Send $100 to my paypal account so I can buy a really big one!

I suspect, based on your original comment, that even the $1.00 would be a
waste, given that you don't comprehend something that a business student in
their first semester understands.- Hide quoted text -

Matt,

Lighten up, the original post was there just to annoy you... you fell
for the bait!

Dean

Old August 23rd 07, 06:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gattman[_2_]

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
oups.com...

What country do you live in? In the U.S. they are not guilty of price
fixing until so determined by a court of law. Being charged with
something does not equal being guilty (at least in the U.S.)

My wife noticed after the elections in November that the price of gasoline
at the stations around our house dropped, uniformly, one dime per gallon
within two days after the election.

We chalked it off to coincidence, but, it was a perfect dime, not nine
cents, eleven cents, etc. Maybe it's nothing, but if the stations are
calling foul, it's worth listening to.

-c

Old August 23rd 07, 07:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow[_4_]

"Gattman" wrote in message

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
oups.com...

What country do you live in? In the U.S. they are not guilty of price
fixing until so determined by a court of law. Being charged with
something does not equal being guilty (at least in the U.S.)

My wife noticed after the elections in November that the price of gasoline
at the stations around our house dropped, uniformly, one dime per gallon
within two days after the election.

We chalked it off to coincidence, but, it was a perfect dime, not nine
cents, eleven cents, etc. Maybe it's nothing, but if the stations are
calling foul, it's worth listening to.

And then a couple months later they shot up (from around $2.10/gal) and
eventually ened up nearly a dollar higher at around $3.10.

I wish those collusionists would make up their mind.

Old August 23rd 07, 09:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

Matt Barrow wrote:
"Gattman" wrote in message

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
oups.com...

What country do you live in? In the U.S. they are not guilty of
price fixing until so determined by a court of law. Being charged
with something does not equal being guilty (at least in the U.S.)

My wife noticed after the elections in November that the price of
gasoline at the stations around our house dropped, uniformly, one
dime per gallon within two days after the election.

We chalked it off to coincidence, but, it was a perfect dime, not
nine cents, eleven cents, etc. Maybe it's nothing, but if the
stations are calling foul, it's worth listening to.

And then a couple months later they shot up (from around $2.10/gal) and
eventually ened up nearly a dollar higher at around $3.10.

I wish those collusionists would make up their mind.

It was widely believed that the gas stations here (El Dorado AR) were
talking and pretty much setting the price of gas in town. The price here was
usually about 4 or 5 cents higher in surrounding towns even though the
refinery is here.

The lo-cal newspaper started printing, each week the average price here and
from other cities that are located within about 100 or 150 miles of us. The
first couple of weeks our average price was higher. Now we are either at or
below the neighboring towns.

It wasn't BIG OIL doing the price fixing if it was happening.

Old August 23rd 07, 10:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow[_4_]

"Gig 601XL Builder" wrDOTgiaconaATsuddenlink.net wrote in message
Matt Barrow wrote:
"Gattman" wrote in message
[...]

You've probably seen this website, but isn't it interesting: here in my
neighborhood, there's 15 cents difference just on this side of town.

http://autos.msn.com/everyday/GasSta...82009&x=12&y=7

Note #1 and #21 - both Conoco, and 9 cents difference. And #1 is right at
the freeway (typically more expensive), #21 is "in town".

--
Matt Barrow
Performance Homes, LLC.

Old August 24th 07, 01:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

On Aug 23, 11:59 am, "Matt Barrow"
wrote:
"Gattman" wrote in message

And then a couple months later they shot up (from around $2.10/gal) and
eventually ened up nearly a dollar higher at around $3.10.

I wish those collusionists would make up their mind.

I love how in the minds of some the GOP sit around and try to figure
out how to set prices of gas in BFD City, Iowa in order to fix an
election!

-Robert

Old August 25th 07, 11:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Judah

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in news:1187825989.642524.322890
@i38g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

What country do you live in? In the U.S. they are not guilty of price
fixing until so determined by a court of law. Being charged with
something does not equal being guilty (at least in the U.S.)

Tell that to OJ.