in search of J.C. Kamienski

Old November 30th 03, 12:27 AM
Snowbird

Default in search of J.C. Kamienski

has anyone heard from Jill Kamienski? A year ago she was
in ATC school and made several interesting posts about her
progress and training there.

any idea where she wound up?

Sydney
Old November 30th 03, 02:03 AM
Chip Jones

"Snowbird" wrote in message
om...
has anyone heard from Jill Kamienski? A year ago she was
in ATC school and made several interesting posts about her
progress and training there.

any idea where she wound up?

She's now out in the field as a developmental controller at Denver Center.

Chip, ZTL

Old November 30th 03, 02:48 PM
Snowbird

"Chip Jones" wrote in message hlink.net...
"Snowbird" wrote in message
om...
has anyone heard from Jill Kamienski? A year ago she was
in ATC school and made several interesting posts about her
progress and training there.

any idea where she wound up?

She's now out in the field as a developmental controller at Denver Center.

ZTL lost out, eh? Just what she wanted IIRC...assume
they're keeping her too busy to write

Happy T-giving (belatedly),
Sydney
Old November 30th 03, 04:58 PM
Lynne Miller

Chip, I will be flying our Gulfstream into ATL Monday Dec 01, 2003 at
around 0530 local. If you could work it out, I'd appreciate direct
WOMAC or something close to KATL. And no, not the hold at Womac. We've
done that too much already.

"Chip Jones" wrote in message hlink.net...
om...

Old November 30th 03, 09:16 PM
Chip Jones

"Lynne Miller" wrote in message
om...
Chip, I will be flying our Gulfstream into ATL Monday Dec 01, 2003 at
around 0530 local. If you could work it out, I'd appreciate direct
WOMAC or something close to KATL. And no, not the hold at Womac. We've
done that too much already.

Ask for direct Hartsfield. With an ETA of 0530L on Monday morning, you
should be getting a clearance direct ATL airport from any point of the
compass. Expect to cross 40 miles out of the airfield at 14,000. By letter
of agreement between Atlanta Tracon and Atlanta Center we run people direct
Atlanta from midnight until 0630L, cross 40 out at 14, every day. If you
get something different, you're getting rooked IMO. I don't get there
Monday until 0630 though, so if you get held, ah, don't blame it on me! :-)

Chip, ZTL

Old November 30th 03, 09:19 PM
Chip Jones

"Chip Jones" wrote in message
hlink.net...
[snipped]
Expect to cross 40 miles out of the airfield at 14,000. By letter
of agreement between Atlanta Tracon and Atlanta Center we run people

direct
Atlanta from midnight until 0630L, cross 40 out at 14, every day.

Geeze, make that 40 miles out at 15,000. The LOA is cross 40 out at 15, and
Tracon owns 14 and below. I really need to start proofing my posts...

Chip, ZTL

Old November 30th 03, 10:25 PM
Jill Kamienski

Hi Sydney.
I check in here maybe once every 2-3 months these days, but that's
about it.

I graduated from the initial ATC training last December. From January
through March I worked as a "remote pilot" at Denver Center through a
contractor, which basically means I worked the simulators training
developmental ATCers acting as a "pilot".
In March I was officially picked up by the FAA at Denver Center.
I've been on the floor since April, basically just ripping flight
progress strips.
Initially I had a date to start non-radar and radar associate training
around August 2004 or so, but now I'm hearing rumors they might get me
in between January and March 2004, so I'm hoping that works out.
Ripping strips isn't the most exciting job in the world

I do get time to plug in and monitor other controllers, and I enjoy
that. And don't tell anyone but a few controllers have let me
actually talk to airplanes already when things are slow.

The people in my area are great, although it's a whole different
atmosphere from the computer science I came from.
I don't regret having done it for a second.

The only bad thing is that flying has taken a back-seat these days.
I've been up with friends two or three times, but haven't logged any
time since the first week of February.
Hopefully I'll be able to pick it up again soon, but I just bought a
house, so we'll see....
Maybe after my next raise

Thanks for your interest, and remembering me

I'll try to keep you updated every so often on what's going on around
here in the ATC training world.

Later,
Jill

Old December 1st 03, 12:20 AM
Snowbird

(Lynne Miller) wrote in message . com...
Chip, I will be flying our Gulfstream into ATL Monday Dec 01, 2003 at
around 0530 local. If you could work it out, I'd appreciate direct
WOMAC or something close to KATL. And no, not the hold at Womac. We've
done that too much already.

Hey, Troller Girl

You know the database at
http://registry.faa.gov/amquery.asp -- the one which, unlike the
databases at Landings or etc, seems to be complete and include
pilots w/ expired medicals so forth and so on ??

Any idea why it contains 3 Lynne Millers -- a student pilot,
a mechanic, and someone with "no certificates" ??

Not that your past posting history makes one dubious of the
Gulfstream or anything like that.

Just curious,
Sydney
Old December 1st 03, 12:37 AM
Chip Jones

"Jill Kamienski" wrote in message
om...
Hi Sydney.
I check in here maybe once every 2-3 months these days, but that's
about it.

I graduated from the initial ATC training last December. From January
through March I worked as a "remote pilot" at Denver Center through a
contractor, which basically means I worked the simulators training
developmental ATCers acting as a "pilot".
In March I was officially picked up by the FAA at Denver Center.
I've been on the floor since April, basically just ripping flight
progress strips.
Initially I had a date to start non-radar and radar associate training
around August 2004 or so, but now I'm hearing rumors they might get me
in between January and March 2004, so I'm hoping that works out.
Ripping strips isn't the most exciting job in the world

Hey Jill. Yeek! Been there at ZDV since April and not into D-school yet?
What's up out there? Too many developmentals?

Just curious, how many sectors in your Area of Specialization, and how many
controllers assigned to the Area?

Regards,

Chip, ZTL

Old December 1st 03, 01:12 AM
G.R. Patterson III

Snowbird wrote:

You know the database at http://registry.faa.gov/amquery.asp --

Great work, Sydney!

George Patterson
Some people think they hear a call to the priesthood when what they really
hear is a tiny voice whispering "It's indoor work with no heavy lifting".