CHARTER: rec.aviation.piloting

Old December 31st 03, 04:24 PM
Jim Weir

That's true for us damyankees. If you are from Dixie, the hangar flying starts
of with "Now this ain't no ****...".

Jim

EDR

-Ohhhhh!!!! Now I get it! If a posting starts out, "There I was...",
-it's hangar flying. If a posting begins with anything else, it's the
-truth.

http://www.rst-engr.com
Old December 31st 03, 04:26 PM
S Ramirez

"Morgans" wrote in message
I have to agree that the two things that should be avoided are discussions
of religion and politics. They hold very strong views and emotions, and

are
not likely to be changed by anyone's persuasions. All that happens is

name
calling.

I would agree with the first statement above except that our flying
situations do involve politics. Meigs Field is one example. TFRs are
another example. I could go on and on.

Simon

Old December 31st 03, 06:19 PM
EDR

In article , Jim Weir
wrote:

That's true for us damyankees. If you are from Dixie, the hangar flying
starts of with "Now this ain't no ****...".

The way I heard it, it went...
"All y'all listen up! Now this ain't no ****..."
Old December 31st 03, 06:38 PM
Martin Hotze

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 15:32:08 GMT, Chuck wrote:

snip

Larry...

YOU participate in off topic posts. You are as guilty as anyone else.

true, but ...

(...)
Show me where any of the above mentioned posts pertain to General Aviation.
Read the charter before you spew more garbage out...

.... but the rules are set. and the CHARTER exists. Larry has only pointed
out and reposted the charter.

it is (it should be) in our best interest to obey the charter. ELSE change
the charter.

#m
--
harsh regulations in North Korea (read below link after reading the story):
http://www.laweekly.com/ink/04/04/open-mikulan.php
Old December 31st 03, 06:51 PM
Jürgen Exner

EDR wrote:
In article , Jim Weir
wrote:

That's true for us damyankees. If you are from Dixie, the hangar
flying starts of with "Now this ain't no ****...".

The way I heard it, it went...
"All y'all listen up! Now this ain't no ****..."

And a doubled negation means ....

jue

Old December 31st 03, 07:37 PM
G.R. Patterson III

Jim Weir wrote:

That's true for us damyankees.

Jim, you don't qualify. You're out west. Damyankees are people from up north who
come south and *stay*.

George Patterson
Great discoveries are not announced with "Eureka!". What's usually said is
"Hummmmm... That's interesting...."
Old December 31st 03, 07:46 PM
Jeff Franks

We southern folk think of yankees like hemorrhoids:

Ones that come down and go back up aren't all the painful,

But the ones that come down and stay down are a real pain in the ass ;-)

Oops...was that off topic? Sry Larry, go have a beer at Jay's
place.....oops was that advertising a felony?? Help! I can't stop!

Old December 31st 03, 09:03 PM
Ron Natalie

Discussion of the charter is not allowed under the charter of
rec.aviation.piloting. Discussion of who is and who is not following the
charter, and what postings may or may not violate the charter, is not allowed
under the charter.

Bull****. Discussion of what is topical is topical to any of the BIG-8 groups.

Old December 31st 03, 11:07 PM
Jay Honeck

Oops...was that off topic? Sry Larry, go have a beer at Jay's
place.....oops was that advertising a felony?? Help! I can't stop!

This MUST be a Dighera thread. To this day, he stands (sits?) as the ONLY
person in my "killfile"... As a result, I am blissfully spared his
sanctimonious pontificating, and can only see the "collateral damage" caused
by his posts. This thread looks like a doozy.

By the way -- did I mention that our "2nd Annual Oshkosh Pool Party" will be
held on Sunday, July 25th -- the Sunday before OSH '04? Everyone here is
of course invited to partake in the FREE BEER we will once again be serving
at poolside...

By the way (required aviation content to follow): July 25 is the 20th
anniversary of Svetlana Savitskaya's walk in space -- the first spacewalk,
ever, for a woman. Thus, I expect that Jim Weir will be serving up free
shots of vodka in her honor.
;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old December 31st 03, 11:31 PM
Chuck

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message

snip

By the way (required aviation content to follow): July 25 is the 20th
anniversary of Svetlana Savitskaya's walk in space -- the first spacewalk,
ever, for a woman. Thus, I expect that Jim Weir will be serving up free
shots of vodka in her honor.
;-)

snip

Hey Jay...

If you would have read the charter, you would see that you are still off
topic.
It isn't aviation but general aviation that you need to discuss.

So... when is the last time that you started your plane? (there is general
aviation)

Now are you happy Larry?