Best place to live and fly?

Old May 10th 06, 02:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Best place to live and fly?

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message oups.com...
I vote for Iowa City!

This just in:

"'Kiplinger's Personal Finance' ranked Iowa City 10th in its top 50
'Smart Places to Live' list. The rankings are based on cost of living,
homes, crime, health care, climate, environment and education."

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Kalamazoo, MI

Old May 10th 06, 02:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

What does a redneck divorce and a tornado have in common??
???
....either way, someone loses a trailer!

....sorry, but there *must* be someone out there who hasn't heard that one
:-)

Tony P.

"Grumman-581" wrote in message
On Tue, 09 May 2006 18:21:46 -0400, Bob Noel
wrote:
One word: Tornado.

Second, third, and fourth words: Newly Mobile Home...

Old May 10th 06, 02:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Must be some Yankee publication... Hell, you can't even get bearable
BBQ in the entire state of Iowa, much less Iowa City...

Where do you think the hogs for that BBQ comes from?
Old May 10th 06, 02:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

In article vdb8g.229$Lh.54@trnddc01, "muff528" wrote:

What does a redneck divorce and a tornado have in common??
???
...either way, someone loses a trailer!

...sorry, but there *must* be someone out there who hasn't heard that one
:-)

count me as one.

--
Bob Noel
Looking for a sig the

Old May 10th 06, 03:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Wed, 10 May 2006 01:22:09 GMT, john smith wrote:
Where do you think the hogs for that BBQ comes from?

Sorry, but BBQ is beef... Beef brisket to be precise... Iowa might
know corn, but they sure as 'ell don't know BBQ...
Old May 10th 06, 03:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Grumman-581" wrote

Sorry, but BBQ is beef...

You say that above a whisper anywhere near NC and you'd best be locked and
loaded! :-)

Old May 10th 06, 03:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Tue, 9 May 2006 22:16:08 -0400, "John Gaquin"
wrote:
You say that above a whisper anywhere near NC and you'd best be locked and
loaded! :-)

I'm from Texas, I'm *always* locked and loaded...

Hell, NC doesn't know BBQ either... In my extensive travels across the
US, I've come to the determination that it is impossible to get *real*
BBQ outside of Texas... Now, some of the area have somewhat tasty
endeavors that the *call* BBQ, but it's not truly BBQ... Believe it or
not, some places even have *mustard* based BBQ sauces... It's not a
north vs south thing either -- Florida doesn't have *real* BBQ
either... They think pork is BBQ... Hell, I went to this one
restaurant south of Miami and their version of BBQ was to cook the
meat in an electric oven and then throw BBQ sauce over it before
serving it... Pure sacrilege...
Old May 10th 06, 04:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Hell, NC doesn't know BBQ either... In my extensive travels across the
US, I've come to the determination that it is impossible to get *real*
BBQ outside of Texas...

Barbecued beef ribs ain't bad, but I have yet to find a better barbecue
than a pulled pork barbecue sandwich. No muss, no fuss, and, MAN,
that's eating...

(It must be, cuz it's really, REALLY unhealthy! :-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA